Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Exclamation Processing times of UK visa

Hi
    I am a new member..don't know how to post a new thread so I just click onpost a quick reply....

I just like to ask if any of the members here know any disruptions in the processing times of UK visa in the p.i.?

My mum and daughter applied for a family visit visa last Feb 16 and submitted all the docs at VFS Manila on 4th of March 2014, until now it's still under process.

I have no experience on applying a UK visa in the p.i. I have applied in Thailand 5 years ago for my family visit visa and I got it in a day. The next year after being to the uk for 6 months I applied for settlement in THAILAND again...I got my visa within 10 days. I got my residency here in the UK within 20 days as well as my citizenship.

I just don't understand why it is so long for a visit visa to be granted or refused.

Any thoughts, on this please.

My daughter's school break already starts.their plan visit is suppose to be before Easter.we have applied early but it seems late.

Thanks, any reply will be much appreciated.

Hi Jhen, welcome aboard Filipino UK

Hope you don't mind but I moved your post to it's own new thread here.
    It'll help to keep everything on track and in one place.

Here's a link to the UKVI webpage for processing times - Guide to visa processing times

You'll see that almost all applications for a Family Visit gets processed between 5-15 days.

UKVI define 1 week as 5 working days

Personally I would be making contact with the Manila Hub to find out what has happened with your application.
    Given that your application was made 4 March it does seem far outside an acceptable timeframe

Good luck Jhen

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe
    Thank you for the warm welcome and your reply is very much appreciated.
    Until now we still have not heard anything about my mum and daughter's visa.we only heard from the vfs when my mum's application been forwaded to the British High Commision.
    I am having worries now as I know in the p.i. you only need 1 corrupt Filipino and next minute all my family documents will be copied and before we know there is someone that stole my mum or daughter's identity.

Respected Member
    Please Terpe do you know any contact numbers that we can write to and enquire about my mum's visa?
    And if I may ask any of this forum members and/or visitors if anyone have applied on 1stweek of march and their application already been processed?

Respected Member
    My husband did warn me that something like this would happen....He always say when it comes to the Philippines,there is always a problem...that there is something about nothing.Which as a Filipina I strongly agree.Everything that gets done in my country seems to be always a mountain to climb....no disrespect to my fellow countrymen but even dealing with a Filipino staff in the p.i is always hard and so frustrating.This is one of those many times why I never like to go back and live in the Philippines.

Thread Information