Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Filipino nurse rearrested over hospital poison deaths

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I wonder if this news will reach the Philippine news media and actually report on it ?

Before Mr Chua’s arrest, nurse Rebecca Leighton, 29, spent six weeks in custody accused of poisoning the patients.
    I remember her being arrested
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    I wonder if this news will reach the Philippine news media and actually report on it ?

Yup... http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-fi...isoning-deaths
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

What a despicable human being she should swing from a rope

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

It's actually a 'he' (male nurse) .....not a she.

I've pre-warned my wife before she goes to work.....it's for sure she'll get quizzed and get some negative comments. It's always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    What a despicable human being she should swing from a rope
    I think you'll find that the rule in this country is still innocent until proven guilty.
    Let's hope you're not selected to serve on the jury for this particular case.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    I think you'll find that the rule in this country is still innocent until proven guilty.
    Totally agree but speaking in hindsight then the probability that this person has committed these heinous crimes definitely weighs in favour of a almost certain conviction.

Just my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Totally agree but speaking in hindsight then the probability that this person has committed these heinous crimes definitely weighs in favour of a almost certain conviction.

Just my thoughts...
    To be fair Mark some people were probably saying the same thing about Rebecca Leighton when she got banged up for 6 weeks for this very crime.
    It seems to me that it's taken the Police an awful long time to build a case against him as he's been on bail for 27 months.
    I'll reserve judgement until I hear the evidence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    It is not always the case...of which I can vouch for

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    To be fair Mark some people were probably saying the same thing about Rebecca Leighton when she got banged up for 6 weeks for this very crime.
    All criminal charges against her were dropped but she was sacked after admitting stealing drugs from the hospital.
    why is stealing drugs not a criminal offence

I just saw Chua,or Vic as his PR spin-doctor probably wants us to call him to give him a more friendly slant,on TV he is denying the poisonings but has admitted the devil is inside him,plod found a 13 page hand-written letter in his house which declared his anger and said if he is pushed he will explode

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Verdict...................GUILTY.......and theres doubt about the veracity of his nursing credentials

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Verdict...................GUILTY.......and theres doubt about the veracity of his nursing credentials
    So much for NMC checks

Yup ITV found medical qualifications on sale in manila for 75 quid,scotland yard have guys in pinas at the moment as theres doubt he is a qualified nurse,one things for certain,he aint going be eating balut in manila again

No maybe not but the taxpayer has to feed and clothe him for the next 20 years...

Easy solution would be give him one of his own special injections

I'll pay for him to be Cameron's carer
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Vics fake medical records have just prompted a discussion on sky news about how many foreign nurses are working for the NHS with fraudulent documentation

Trusted Member
    Just watching ITV news with reporter shown buying fake nursing certs in Caloocan, Manila. ...for £75.

Banned
    This germ (and the seemingly lax approval setup) has tarnished the reputation of 1000s of Filipino nurses working here.

Trusted Member
    Yes, an enormous shame for those genuine nurses.

Respected Member
    I feel sorry for all the other filipino nurses over here who are doing a great job

I know of 2 cases locally involving male filipino nurses,one got prison,the other is no longer working as a nurse,both involved molesting women,i wonder how common it is nationally and as vic's case has thrown up,how many fake pinoy nurse are working wit 75 quid certificates

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Vics fake medical records have just prompted a discussion on sky news about how many foreign nurses are working for the NHS with fraudulent documentation
    Care homes also!

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    No maybe not but the taxpayer has to feed and clothe him for the next 20 years...
    35+ years

Banned

Banned
    The media is full of stories casting aspersions on genuine Phil nurses and the legitimacy of their qualifications. Before any lasting damage is done I think the Philippine Govt and UK Embassy needs to embark on a PR campaign to set the record straight and counter the negative reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information