Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A child without father on birth cert applying for a family visit @_@

Hi guys this is about my son, nid help pls... while im applying online there is this section that my son's father is mandatory to answer, there is no option if he doesnt have a father or not, oh my, what to do with this, i cant continue bec. Of this and that section on family details doesnt turns green if i dont put any names on his father...thanks guy

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Can't you put "UNKNOWN"?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    We put 'unknown' on both of my (successful) stepchildrens' applications.

Of course the birth certificates must also show that.

But there is only this mandatory select option that's why i can't type anything, it is not blank

But there is only this mandatory select option that's why i can't type anything, it is not blank

Hi there, i just lodge application for me and my daughter at vfs. I had the same problem with I delayed wither online application, I can't continue if I won't put anything there ( it's resell awkward to fill her fathers name there coz I didn't put his name on my daughter birth cert.) I put his name anyway as I don't have any choice. I am still worried about it though. I am still waiting for the visa result. And hopefully that won't be a problem. The visa application nowadays is tricky than the last time me and my daughter applied for a visit visa... Fingers crossed

We are on the same situation, fingers crossed and just pray...its for our children...Godbless on all of us...

Banned
    You're in a good situation, mymy If you'd have had a father's name on your son's birth cert, it could of opened a whole can of worms
    Last edited by gWaPito; 1st April 2014 at 14:38. Reason: Would of to Could of :-)

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I've put not available to mine and explained on the additional requirements that we do not have any information about my daughter's biological dad.

Quote Originally Posted by mymy1921 View Post
    Hi guys this is about my son, nid help pls... while im applying online there is this section that my son's father is mandatory to answer, there is no option if he doesnt have a father or not, oh my, what to do with this, i cant continue bec. Of this and that section on family details doesnt turns green if i dont put any names on his father...thanks guy
    Hi, have you tried to read the guidance notes ?? There are options.

As stated on the guidance for part 4: Your Family

If Known, please enter the details of your mother and father, even if deceased. If you do not know the answer to any of these questions please state ''Not Known''
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

When making a 'paper' application it's pretty easy to actually write-in an answer.
    Indeed, the Guidance Notes for a Family Visit Visa under Part 4 "Your Family" actually states:-

If known, please enter the details of your mother and father, even if deceased. If you do not know the answer to any of these questions please state ‘Not known’.
    Means when completing a 'paper' application form the answer can be made in 'free-form' as 'Not Known'
    Unfortunately, many online forms prevent the application from continuing until each question has a response. If the response can only be selected via a drop-down menu and your particular circumstances are not included in the drop-down menu choices it does become a frustration.

Personally I don't know the format of this specific application form.

I'll take some time out to research.........but I do understand the issue you may be facing.

yes terpe it's a drop-down menu and it doesn't have a choices like not known or not applicable, so i just put the father's name and explain on the additional info. why i wrote the name even if he didn't exist on the birth cert. very frustratinbg indeed but what can we do, for the sake of the application...

Trusted Member
    Why would you put the father's name, if the father is 'unknown' ?

From the point of view of an immigration officer looking at your application, that is the question I would be asking.

Can't you just write 'Mr. Not Known' ?

Respected Member
    I agree grahamw48.

My daughter also have unknown father on her birthcert, so we put not known on the father's details...even so it is now a month and it is still under process.

Trusted Member
    This is the problem.

If you're going to have a 'story', stick to it.

The second the ECO suspects any kind of 'misinformation', your application is likely to be binned.

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    I agree grahamw48.
    My daughter also have unknown father on her birthcert.so we put not known on the father's details...even so it is now a month and it is still under process.
    Jhen, could you post here how you did that, as mymy1921 says she can't do it on that online form?
    It would really help

Omg! I have put the name of the father even if it's not in the birth cert. that makes me nervous now as the ukvi haven't replied yet and it's been two weeks since we went to vfs

well for us Baruk we don't have any choice coz i've read before in an artcile that changes on vfs to visa4uk took place last march 20014, so we were suffering on their changes and its during our processing period. So MAYBE, application of others before were different from us because of this changes In their new system. Before they can write on a blank box but now its a scroll down menu, so we didn't have any choice. Let's just hope and pray that everything well turn out fine.

Respected Member
    Sorry for the late reply...but as far as i remember there is a not known on the select menu but on the date of birth of father I put jan 01,1900 and on the nationality as there is no not known on the select menu I select stateless and explain on the add info why I put them answers

Respected Member
    As it is unknown father on my daughter's birth cert,the info on the form should be the same as the docs to ease any confusion.......

And still it is now 1 month and they still do not finish processing the visa.

I hope so mymy. The waiting though is scary. When we applied for a tourist visa that was not tricky at all. The guy who attended me and my daughter at vfs two weeks ago, told me that the processing will take 2-4 months..I really do hope that he is wrong. I so miss my man and it feels like forever.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Why would you put the father's name, if the father is 'unknown' ?

From the point of view of an immigration officer looking at your application, that is the question I would be asking.

Can't you just write 'Mr. Not Known' ?
    I agree

If they put the name of the father, the immigration might ask for more papers ie (consent of the bio father for the child to travel abroad)

Please be aware that child trafficking is quite a big issue in the PH government nowadays.

Trusted Member
    I agree...and as a FATHER, we have rights too !!!

I'm curious....how can the father be unknown?

No offence intended

Trusted Member
    In theory...very easy, if a woman is sleeping with more than one man and no testing for paternity has taken place.

In practice, I'm sure this is rarely the case, but it's a 'status' that seems to be accepted on government documents.

Of course if you're a Christian, it follows that 'Virgin Birth' is possible too...though I doubt there is a box on the dropdown list for that one either.

Respected Member
    None taken,Terpe.
    In most cases many children born with an unknown father on their birth cert. Is because it was the choice made by the mother and/or the maternal grandparents
    It is literally taking off all that father's and his family's legal right in the future.In most cases that I know of in our city....normally the future in laws do not like the mother's social status.
    It is always about keeping the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    In most cases many children born with an unknown father on their birth cert. Is because it was the choice made by the mother and/or the maternal grandparents
    It is literally taking off all that father's and his family's legal right in the future.In most cases that I know of in our city....normally the future in laws do not like the mother's social status.
    It is always about keeping the rich richer and the poor poorer.
    Sorry,..I highlighted almost everything on your post as it was All wrong !!

Are you a filipino/filipina??
    If yes, you need to read and understand ''The Family Code'' of the PH.

Article 176 and Republic Act No. 9255

...IMHO no child should be classed as illegitimate!!

p.s.
    sorry but i have to leave a negative rep for you jhen1230.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Sorry,..I highlighted almost everything on your post as it was All wrong !!

Are you a filipino/filipina??
    If yes, you need to read and understand ''The Family Code'' of the PH.

Article 176 and Republic Act No. 9255

...IMHO no child should be classed as illegitimate!!

p.s.
    sorry but i have to leave a negative rep for you jhen1230.
    I agree, I know that I have never been in your situation though but some women are just making their kids' life complicated. I met someone in our municipal hall as she was asking how can she sorted the problem of her daughter who is about to take a nursing licensure exam because PRC wasnt accepting her daughter's application due to her birthcertificate problem, the clerk asked the mother whats the problem with the BC and she said, the daughter's last name is the same as hers and no middle name, and thats only because the father of the daughter wasnt giving them financial suppoprt so she decided to give her last name to her daughter. The clerk sais the daughte has to have a middle name, to be accepted in PRC and the mother asked if her daughte can us her middle name as well, the clerk said no, because they will be like sisters.

I feel pity for the daughter, she wont be able to take her licensure exam just because of her mother's selfishness. And take note, sorting errors in birthcertificate is ONE HELL PROCESS. I swear.

But I am not trying to offend people here, I know you have your own stories.

Respected Member
    Hi appreciate you knowing all the laws in the Phils.
    Terpe ask why , and I answered it based on experience and some of those of women in my city.
    As I have read on this forum,a few here have their chidren's father unknown on their birth cert. Some of which are able to become British
    Because their mother have the sole responsibility for them.
    In the Philippines,you may disagree with this the law is most often never followed.Most of the time if your poor .,the law is never on your side.

Respected Member
    Mother's made decision for their children not because they are selfish or never think of the consequences of that decision for their child's future.
    I believe that decision was made in hoping that in the future it will do good more than harm in to their children's future.
    If everything is based on the law in the Philippines...,what a wonderful country it would
    be.....

Respected Member
    Oh Sars regarding no children should be classed as illegitimate !!....,
    That is the way it should be but it wasn't on the P.I. if you notice most of the government forms like passport application form in the P.I. They actually asked if a child is legitimate or illegitimate....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information