Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Did you book an approved centre ?

Who did you book with ?

When I booked the IELTS life skills B1 with british council Philippines, there was no paypal system. Could only pay with VISA card.
    I booked on the IELTS website itself, when you book it it asks you to pay.

SDM

SDM, the Life Skills B1 for anyone that has a reasonable amount of english is pretty easy, I am friends with someone who took the Life Skills here in the UK back in May of this year, basically it consists of holding a short conversation in english, usually with another candidate if available, whilst the examiner listens, it really is pretty easy, and the beuty of it is once gained that B1 is usable in future years for Citizenship, ILR etc,etc.
    Good luck, and it may be worth considering trying to change to a B1, especially if your fiancee can hold a decent conversation in English, what my friend did find was the organisation of the company (Branch in Portsmouth) left a lot to be desired, firstly they asked her if she could take the test in London (she lives in Bournemouth) though they have a Portsmouth branch, she insisted on Portsmouth, when she got there they accepted her passport photo prior to taking the test, 1 week later they wrote saying the photo was not acceptable, they could not issue her documents until she provided other ID, and could she attend the Branch in person with different Id, several phone calls later they decided that the original passport and photo were acceptable, and she received her B1 certificate, I do sometimes wonder how some of these companies that seem incompetant at the very least manage to get this approved status, maybe its the old case of not what you know, but who you know.

Sadly I don't think you can get a full refund on exam bookings. You only get a percentage back.

Quote Originally Posted by sdm View Post
    Hi Terpe,

I have booked A1 although I think she would be able to get B1,

I wonder what happens if someone who is in the UK and married then fails to get B1?

If they ran out of time would they get deported?

SDM.
    Don't get too hung up on that.
    B1 level is only required at ILR application and at Citizenship application. That' 5 years down the line.

I'm sure her English would be excellent by that time after living in Uk that long.

Nobody would get deported. Those who cannot meet the ILR requirements just need to apply for another FLR until they can comply.

Good luck with the English A1 it's perfectly OK for the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Don't get too hung up on that.
    B1 level is only required at ILR application and at Citizenship application. That' 5 years down the line.

I'm sure her English would be excellent by that time after living in Uk that long.

Nobody would get deported. Those who cannot meet the ILR requirements just need to apply for another FLR until they can comply.

Good luck with the English A1 it's perfectly OK for the next 5 years.
    Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for all your support, I am sure you all know how stressful this is. I just don't want to make any mistakes. I have also booked her TB test in the approved place. Somebody also mentioned something about CFO??? What is that?

The last thing I want is to get the Visa, get to the airport and she is still prevented from flying.

SDM.

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for all your support, I am sure you all know how stressful this is. I just don't want to make any mistakes. I have also booked her TB test in the approved place. Somebody also mentioned something about CFO??? What is that?

The last thing I want is to get the Visa, get to the airport and she is still prevented from flying.

SDM.
    The CFO 'sticker' is a MUST HAVE

CFO = Commission on Filipinos Overseas

Here's the main website link:-
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Follow the link under 'PDOS/REGISTRATION' that says "Filipino Spouses and Partners of Foreign National"

There you'll find info on what it's all about and the steps needed.

You can take the CFO Guidance and Counseling Program but you can't secure the final 'passport sticker' until you have a valid visa where the start date/valid from date is already current.

Try to join the CFO Guidance and Counseling Program when you're in Manila for the TB screening

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The CFO 'sticker' is a MUST HAVE

CFO = Commission on Filipinos Overseas

Here's the main website link:-
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Follow the link under 'PDOS/REGISTRATION' that says "Filipino Spouses and Partners of Foreign National"

There you'll find info on what it's all about and the steps needed.

You can take the CFO Guidance and Counseling Program but you can't secure the final 'passport sticker' until you have a valid visa where the start date/valid from date is already current.

Try to join the CFO Guidance and Counseling Program when you're in Manila for the TB screening
    My Girlfriend lives in the Province far away from Manila, so when she gets the Visa we will get it then, how long does it take to get it, thanks for your help,

I will look into this

SDM

My Girlfriend lives in the Province far away from Manila, so when she gets the Visa we will get it then, how long does it take to get it, thanks for your help,

I will look into this

SDM
    It's an all day seminar. She will need to take her marriage certificate, the visa, pictures of you together. Police clearance, copies of your e tickets and passport to show all your visits. She will be interviewed about your relationship to show its genuine .

Then if all OK she will get a certificate and a sticker goes in her passport.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    It's an all day seminar. She will need to take her marriage certificate, the visa, marriage certificate, pictures of you together. Police clearance, copies of your e tickets and passport to show all your visits. She will be interviewed about your relationship to show its genuine.

Then if all OK she will get a certificate and a sticker goes in her passport.

Once completed a stickervl
    We wont have the marriage certificate, she is going to get married over here, but apart from that is that the complete list of documents? How does she get Police Clearance.

thanks Cheekee

SDM.

We wont have the marriage certificate, she is going to get married over here, but apart from that is that the complete list of documents? How does she get Police Clearance.

thanks Cheekee

SDM.
    I think in replacement of the marriage certificate you might need to take some proof of intention of marriage. Like Maybe ring receipts or venue or something like that. My wife had to prove in the cfo interview our relationship was genuine. I'm not totally sure re the fiancee route but the owness is to prove the relationship is genuine.

Regarding police clearance I think your fiancee should know where to get it. My wife got hers in cebu so a different place. She will need to declare the reason for police clearance is to get cfo certificate. There should be a local office that people go to to get it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information