Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All opposition parties lead in polls. You always fail to address the other issues or go back 30 years.

Maggie won 3 consecutive elections.

6 points last week nil points next year.

Landslide?

When did I mention that?

It will be a coalition government next year - Tories and UKIP, hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Yep...easily done on all that borrowed money, inflated property prices, fake business 'success'.
    That's exactly the position the Tories are in now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

You might be better asking the current generation of 18-25s how they feel at being unable to afford to run a car, due to insurance fraud...mainly by immigrant gangs, or get on to the housing ladder, either to buy or rent, that their parents and estate agents etc have been living off for years.
    Insurance costs are not controlled by the government, and the vast majority of fraud is done by British citizens, and a minority of lawyers (mentioned on the news this morning). Insurance fraud takes place due to it being the cheapest option, as even those that are caught only get a small fine and a few points.

As for housing, government after government in this country always try to get people to buy houses. Why? The majority of other countries rely on renting. It is the mass purchase of properties that always results in a crash, regardless of who is in power. People forget that by having a mortgage of say £200,000 over 25 years, they will actually pay around £350,000 for the house, not including taxes and fees. (Based on 5%, which is what many banks are offering). A £75,000 house 25 years ago, would now be worth about £145,000. After all deductions the profit would be around £10,000. Not much for a 25 year investment.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Anyway I'm bored of this endless loop of discussion. You're wrong, I'm right.:-)

Football tonight far more exciting.

I will leave you to go round in circles on this thread. I'm sure everyone is sick of reading it.

Feel the love

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

As for housing, government after government in this country always try to get people to buy houses. Why? The majority of other countries rely on renting. It is the mass purchase of properties that always results in a crash, regardless of who is in power. People forget that by having a mortgage of say £200,000 over 25 years, they will actually pay around £350,000 for the house, not including taxes and fees. (Based on 5%, which is what many banks are offering). A £75,000 house 25 years ago, would now be worth about £145,000. After all deductions the profit would be around £10,000. Not much for a 25 year investment.

Just my opinion but I'd rather have made 10K over 25 years than have lost 150K over the same period if I'd have been renting at £500/month

Banned
    Labour's tame newspaper bigs up their desire for more uncontrolled rabble immigration

In the squalid migrant camps of Calais all that shines is hope and determination

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...#ixzz33wKNyBuR

Any room in your street for them Joe ?

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Anyway I'm bored of this endless loop of discussion. Your wrong, I'm right.:-)
    Football tonight far more exciting.
    I will leave you to go round in circles on this thread. I'm sure everyone is sick of reading it.
    Les, you started this thread When you get facts you don't like, you switch subjects, the country did well under Blair, sub prime and dodgy banks screwed this country and most of the world not the Labour party

As for football, I hope later you don't return to this thread instead of starting a thread praising England's win
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Just my opinion but I'd rather have made 10K over 25 years than have lost 150K over the same period if I'd have been renting at £500/month
    You'd have made far more putting the money in ISA's

Minus repairs and mods - the house we rent has probably had £20-30k spent on it in the last few years, new roof, new roof on an outbuilding, new central heating, new energy efficient gas boiler, re-wired the whole house, extended the kitchen , new kitchen units, new bathroom suite, new fire surround, new fences around the gardens - my rent is a lot less than £500 a month.

Repairs cost me nothing, I've just had an extractor fan replaced, a plumber just replaced the sealant in the bathroom, cost me £0.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    the country did well under Blair, sub prime and dodgy banks screwed this country and most of the world not the Labour party
    Blair is clever, he also eased the entry into the UK of millions of future Labour voters

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You know Les, when I was at school, I had friends who all lived in Council Houses and I noticed their homes were nice, well furnished, front room for special occasions and nice clean kitchen and very tidy gardens and a whole street would be the same, no swearing, no drinking except in the local pub that was also nice.

Why is it not like that any more?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You know Les, when I was at school I had friends who all lived in Council Houses and I noticed their homes were nice, well furnished front room for special occasions and nice clean kitchen and very tidy gardens and a whole street would be the same, no swearing, no drinking except in the local pub that was also nice.

My post #70 Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Blair is clever, he also eased the entry into the UK of millions of future Labour voters

With the channel tunnel

We've been thru this b4, but explain how they did it?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    My post #70 Michael
    Good point!

Minus repairs and mods - the house we rent has probably had £20-30k spent on it in the last few years, new roof, new roof on an outbuilding, new central heating, new energy efficient gas boiler, re-wired the whole house, extended the kitchen, new kitchen units, new bathroom suite, new fire surround, new fences around the gardens - my rent is a lot less than £500 a month.

Repairs cost me nothing, I've just had an extractor fan replaced, a plumber just replaced the sealant in the bathroom, cost me £0.
    Sounds nice

I've probably spent nearer £60K on mine in the last 5 years, but there again, it's mine and gone up in value by over £200K

Not a bad investment

Sounds nice

I've probably spent nearer £60K on mine in the last 5 years, but there again it's mine and gone up in value by over £200K

Not a bad investment
    It is, but then the Housing Association is non profit, so they invest in new properties or modernise the older ones, no share holders to pay for

Sounds nice

I've probably spent nearer £60K on mine in the last 5 years, but there again it's mine and gone up in value by over £200K
    Not a bad investment
    Does that include deductions for all mortgage repayments, minus the 60K, and taxes, especially if you sell it?

Some people can make money on property, but it all depends on the market (think of the people who had to sell in 09/10 and made a loss). It has been shown that whether people get a mortgage, or rent and invest, it basically averages out over the long term. However, renting is less stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Does that include deductions for all mortgage repayments, minus the 60K, and taxes, especially if you sell it?

Some people can make money on property, but it all depends on the market (think of the people who had to sell in 09/10 and made a loss). It has been shown that whether people get a mortgage, or rent and invest, it basically averages out over the long term. However, renting is less stressful.
    Nope, you're right. £20K in mortgage payments over the last 5 years, so £80K in total and you don't pay tax on your main residence if you sell

Nope, you're right. £20K in mortgage payments over the last 5 years, so £80K in total and you don't pay tax on your main residence if you sell
    The comparison starts with your first ever payment on a house, up to where you live now. Not just the most recent house a person lives in.

I keep telling my parents to spend the money they have, it doesn't seem fair that they do not see the money tied up in the house that they worked hard for. Then is some cases the government has many ways of taking big slices for themselves.

When you get facts you don't like, you switch subjects,
    When I hear bs I get bored.

Your worst problem Joe, is you rarely answer questions put to you you skirt round them as you have no answer, and just go looking on the internet for stats to bore us.

Anyway this thread has become so repetitive it's like groundhog day

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You know Les, when I was at school, I had friends who all lived in Council Houses and I noticed their homes were nice, well furnished, front room for special occasions and nice clean kitchen and very tidy gardens and a whole street would be the same, no swearing, no drinking except in the local pub that was also nice.

Proud people, credit was frowned upon, discipline existed. The range of benefits did not exist - you worked or you struggled. No 24 hours' TV. Kids were taught to be respectful. Family dinners where you would eat what you were given.

When I hear bullshit I get bored.

Your worst problem Joe, is you rarely answer questions put to you you skirt round them as you have no answer, and just go looking on the internet for stats to bore us.

Anyway this thread has become so repetitive it's like groundhog day
    And you ignore the fact you never had it so good under Blair and you started this thread

And you ignore the fact you never had it so good under Blair and you started this thread

... Harold MacMillan (late 1950s)

And generations are going to be paying for it

And generations are going to be paying for it
    Plus all of the additional debt the Tories have piled on top.

This is getting rather tedious now

Can't we talk about the weather?

Can't we talk about the weather?
    Blame that on the LibDems

....Anyway this thread has become so repetitive it's like groundhog day
    Groundhog Day....one of my favourite movies.

#I got you Joe#

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Groundhog Day....one of my favourite movies.
    That's Les - always talking about the past good old days, when United were Premiership winners and played in Europe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information