Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Which name should I use for filing the application?

Thank God I found this page! I'm new here. Please help!!! I am really confused. Me and my fiance want to apply for fiance visa very soon. But I have this confusions. My father's first /given name has just changed. But on my birth certificate and passport and other docs are under his old name. Now, I'm worried if it would cause any problem if I use his old name still since this is the name that appears on my documents. Should I use the old name or new name for filing docs need to submit? And for filing visa? I badly need help because I would like to comply some requirements like CENOMAR, but I'm confused which name I should put on my father's info. Which is which? Hoping for response. Mantra thanks!

You should use the name on your birth cert.

thank you so much!

Hello again, I would like to know if TB test result has expiration? I'm planning to book hotel in manila for a week and take the exam for English requirement and TB screening to save money thank you!

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    I took mine last February and the expiration date is in august. So it looks like, the validity is just for 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    I took mine last February and the expiration date is in august. So it looks like, the validity is just for 6 months
    Yep, spot on
    The TB Certificate is valid for 6 months from the date that it is issued.

JenBoo, for UKVI information on TB screening in the Philippines take a look here

and for some really detailed information on all aspects of TB Screening also take a look here

Thank you for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yep, spot on
    The TB Certificate is valid for 6 months from the date that it is issued.

also take a look here
    Mine is valid for 3 months only and will expire soon.. . :( Still waiting for my visa...

Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    Mine is valid for 3 months only and will expire soon.. . :( Still waiting for my visa...
    No idea why your certificate is valid only 3 months.......did the clinic mention anything as to why that should be the case?
    You actually paid for being issued with a 6 month certificate in the case where the result was clear.

Anyway, as long as it was valid at the time of application submission then your application will also be valid for review.

If it expires during review and UKVI get pedantic and crusty they're sure to offer to some time to renew the certificate and submit rather than refuse....
    Lets hope it doesn't come to that and your application gets granted quick.

If the certificate is expired before you travel to UK I'd be inclined to renew it just to be on the safe side.
    There's nothing in the immigration rules about that and prior to TB screening it would often get done at the airport.......however I also preach minimise risks and my personal advice would be to renew before entry.

alexis, did you have a family member with TB ?
    or perhaps another person with TB and who you shared a closed environment with for a prolonged period ?

In these cases a 3 month certificate is often issued.
    Surprising that the clinic didn't mention that.

alexis, did you have a family member with TB ?
    or perhaps another person with TB and who you shared a closed environment with for a prolonged period ?

In these cases a 3 month certificate is often issued.
    Surprising that the clinic didn't mention that.
    No Sir Terpe. None of my family/friends had tb. And this is really unfair, I know I had to do sputum test coz they found abnormalities on my chest xray but the result was negative. I dont understand why the certificate they issued is only valid for 3 months. It will expire soon and up to now Im still waiting to hear from the embassy. :( Sir terpe, Do you think I can renew my certificate without taking another sputum test?

... Sir terpe, Do you think I can renew my certificate without taking another sputum test?....
    Alexis, I think you'll find that because of the 'abnormalities' found they decided upon the sputum test and that's the reason for the reduced validity.

Whether or not the medical staff decide upon the sputum test again will be a decision for them to make at the time. If the X-Ray is clear with no abnormalities then my guess is they'll issue a new certificate without further tests.

Alexis, I think you'll find that because of the 'abnormalities' found they decided upon the sputum test and that's the reason for the reduced validity.

Whether or not the medical staff decide upon the sputum test again will be a decision for them to make at the time. If the X-Ray is clear with no abnormalities then my guess is they'll issue a new certificate without further tests.
    Sir Terpe, the thing is the spot will always be on my chest. So if I take another xray they'll still find abnormality, in that case, they wouldn't issue me a certificate on the same day.

Sir Terpe, the thing is the spot will always be on my chest. So if I take another xray they'll still find abnormality, in that case, they wouldn't issue me a certificate on the same day.
    I think it's best to contact the clinic directly, explain your situation and ask them what procedure they'd be following.

I'd highly recommend contacting UKVI to get their confirmation on the need for a valid TB certificate when entering the UK or not.

It might be that you'll not need to renew........so many of the rules have changed slightly these past few weeks.

Good luck alexis

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Don't worry about traveing with an expired tb certificate. It only need needs to be valid when your submit your application. My wife will be traveling on an expired tb cert next month.

Thread Information