Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Questions on some items on the Online application Form.

Hello!

I am filling out the online application form and have came across these questions, which I am confused what to answer.

1. Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

(Does this mean if I have applied for a Partner visa which I did and got refused? If it is, I don't have a Home Office Number. Or is this only applies to those who applied for FLR or ILR?)

2. Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?

What is the best way to satisfactorily address my travel history? I have been in and out of Cambodia and Laos numerous times for visa and holiday reasons. Is it ok to just put the initial dates of entry to those countries and just kind of explain briefly on the additional comments why didn't put all of the dates?

Also, why is Laos not in the list of countries?

3. When did they arrive in the UK? (pertaining to Sponsor)

He is British. So should we put his date of Birth?

4. Sponsor has 2 passports. In the previous online application form, there was a questions if Sponsor has more than 1 passport. now, it doesn't have that option anymore. Should I include his other passport details on the additional info/comments box too?

Thank you all for all the help! We will be applying next week!

Quote Originally Posted by tinzky19 View Post
    Hello!

I am filling out the online application form and have came across these questions, which I am confused what to answer.
    Hi tinzky,
    What Visa are you making application for ?

To make application for leave to remain in the UK you'll to need to be here in UK already.
    If you're outside UK you'll be applying to enter UK.

Hi Terpe!

Thanks for your reply.

I am in the Philippines and I am applying to enter UK on a spouse visa. So, I should answer No then in question #1.

Hope you could also enlighten me on the rest of my questions.

Really appreciate it! Thanks very much!

Hi Terpe!

Thanks for your reply.

I am in the Philippines and I am applying to enter UK on a spouse visa. So, I should answer No then in question #1.

Hope you could also enlighten me on the rest of my questions.

Really appreciate it! Thanks very much!
    I'll get back tomorrow (Monday).....have to sleep now.....sorry tinzky

Hi tinzky

1. Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

(Does this mean if I have applied for a Partner visa which I did and got refused?
    If it is, I don't have a Home Office Number. Or is this only applies to those who applied for FLR or ILR?)
    Your answer will be 'NO' as you are not currently in UK and have no previously made application to remain.

2. Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?

What is the best way to satisfactorily address my travel history?
    I have been in and out of Cambodia and Laos numerous times for visa and holiday reasons.
    Is it ok to just put the initial dates of entry to those countries and just kind of explain briefly on the additional comments why didn't put all of the dates?

Also, why is Laos not in the list of countries?
    Yes that's fine to just enter those brief details and add any other information later.
    I've no idea why Laos is no available.....I can't check the menus as the system is offline again.....it's not a major issue

3. When did they arrive in the UK? (pertaining to Sponsor)

He is British. So should we put his date of Birth?
    Yes that's fine

4. Sponsor has 2 passports. In the previous online application form, there was a questions if Sponsor has more than 1 passport.
    now, it doesn't have that option anymore. Should I include his other passport details on the additional info/comments box too?
    Does your husband have 2 British passports or is he a National and passport holder of another country?
    If it's 2 British Passports he should use his 'main' passport for ID purpose in this situation.

Good luck tinzky

Thank you very much Terpe! You are a great help! Will let you know how it goes!

Hello Terpe!

I got one more question regarding the details to put on the application under Travel History.
    - My husband and I have lived in Thailand for 3 years. Myself, had a couple of tourist (travel) visas about 1 1/2 years and non immigrant education visas (2 years study). So basically, did a lot of border crossings for visa reasons. Do I need to expand into this on the additional comments section or just provide a summarized detail? How would you recommend me to address this?

Thanks very much!

Hello Terpe!

I got one more question regarding the details to put on the application under Travel History.
    - My husband and I have lived in Thailand for 3 years. Myself, had a couple of tourist (travel) visas about 1 1/2 years and non immigrant education visas (2 years study). So basically, did a lot of border crossings for visa reasons. Do I need to expand into this on the additional comments section or just provide a summarized detail? How would you recommend me to address this?

Thanks very much!
    You should include any information you feel is needed.

The application forms attempt to cover as many different circumstances as possible.

If you can keep it brief (as in your above post) and you find space to include then do so.
    It strengthens your evidence of genuine relationship.

Thread Information