Tamsin Booth is the new British Honorary Consul in Cebu

British Ambassador to the Philippines Asif Ahmad has appointed formally Tamsin Booth as Honorary British Consul at Cebu.

Tamsin was born in Cebu and has lived there all her life. She studied at the University of the Philippines and speaks Cebuano, the local dialect, fluently.

Tamsin has close links with the British community in Cebu and has also worked with the local authorities over many years. Before being appointed as Honorary Consul, Tamsin supported the Embassy as a consular warden. She has plenty of experience of assisting British Nationals.

On her appointment, Tamsin said: “I am very honoured to take on this role. I know it is a great responsibility and I look forward to helping my fellow British nationals in Cebu and the region”.

Ambassador Ahmad commented: “I welcome Tamsin to her new role. Her unique background will enable British nationals resident in Cebu and the wider Visayas region to access help from the British Embassy. Tamsin supported me and the UK Aid team immensely in the aftermath of Typhoon Yolanda when Mactan became our relief hub. I also want to take this opportunity to thank former Honorary Consul Moya Jackson for her sterling work for the British community in Cebu over the preceding 25 years and to wish her well in her retirement in England.”

The primary role of an Honorary Consul is to provide assistance to British nationals, especially to those most vulnerable. The Honorary Consul does not provide notarial services or deal with visa related matters. Those functions are carried out by the British Embassy in Manila.

Contact details for the Honorary Consul in Cebu are;

Telephone: 02 858 2200 and follow the call tree to Consular.

Email: Cons.Manila@fco.gov.uk Tamsin.Booth@fconet.fco.gov.uk

Source:-
http://www.balitapinoy.net/journal/9...ointed_in_Cebu