Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Spouse/fiancee visa - my girl's financial details

Hello again everyone,

I am currently watching some spouse/fiancée visa related videos on youtube, and lots of them make reference to the requirement for both the husband to be & wife to be, to submit financial details as part of the visa application.

From reading through documentation on the gov.uk website, I was under the impression that only the sponsor's (i.e. just me) finances were required to be submitted, not my girl's financial details.

Can anyone shine some light on this topic, as I am a little unclear on this point right now.

Thanks again

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    hello again everyone,

I am currently watching some spouse/fiancé visa related videos on youtube, and lots of them make reference to the requirement for both both the husband to be & wife to be, to both submit financial details as part of the visa application.

From reading through documentation on the gov.uk website, I was under the impression that only the sponsor's (i.e. just me) finances were required to be submitted, not my girl's financial details.

Can anyone shine some light on this topic, as I am a little unclear on this point right now.

Thanks again
    As far as I am aware---if it's for a VISIT visa--i.e--a max of 6 months--then the applicant needs to show some evidence of money to support themselves during their "holiday"---whereas for a settlement visa--spouse or fiancee--then the sponsor has to meet the financial conditions--i.e. Income/Savings.

If its for a fiancée or spouse visa, the only time her finances might be useful is if you don't met the financial requirements of £18k6 a year and you could use her\your savings to make up any shortfall
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    As long as you meet the FR then her savings are irrelevant but if she has any just include - it cannot cause any harm...

thanks for the info guys.

just couldn't help, but notice it being mentioned on many youtube videos regarding this topic..

marksroomspain - agreed it not hurting to throw in any additional info which might help the case.

Thread Information