Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Spouse/Fiance - evidence of accommodation(inspection/inventory report)

hey gang,

Hope yer all well.

I'm looking to apply for either a spouse of fiancé visa at some point later on in the year.

I am currently living in shared accommodation, and although there is plenty of space for me and my girl to stay, I just want to ensure that there is absolutely minimum chance of our application getting rejecting, hence the decision to move into a 1 bed apartment nearby.

I have 2 questions here:

1. Do I need to be living at the new accommodation for a set number of months/years beforehand?

2. Do you have to get a property/inventory report carried out on the accommodation?

3. Will a simple, regular 1 bed apartment such as this one suffice?:http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-15629838.html

Sorry for asking obvious questions, but I just want to be 100% sure here.

Thank you for your immense help as always.

Ed

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    1st question, no I don't think so. Question 2, a couple of photo's and proof of rent/contract/bills ect. last question, yes. Also I would recommend Spouse Visa!

hi there Ed, i believe that if you did move into a 1 bed apartment there would be no problem at all,
    May i just ask 1 question you mentioned either a spouse or fiance visa later one in the year, which 1 would you be going for

you where quick of the mark there Michael

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    hey gang,

Hope yer all well.

I'm looking to apply for either a spouse of fiancé visa at some point later on in the year.

I am currently living in shared accommodation, and although there is plenty of space for me and my girl to stay, I just want to ensure that there is absolutely minimum chance of our application getting rejecting, hence the decision to move into a 1 bed apartment nearby.

I have 2 questions here:

1. Do I need to be living at the new accommodation for a set number of months/years beforehand?

2. Do you have to get a property/inventory report carried out on the accommodation?

3. Will a simple, regular 1 bed apartment such as this one suffice?:http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-15629838.html

Sorry for asking obvious questions, but I just want to be 100% sure here.

Thank you for your immense help as always.

Ed
    i'm in the sme boat as you

although i need to review the fine print of all this---i think you need a letter from the landlord or agent to say your fiancee is permitted to occupy the place--and that it will be available for a further 6 months from the date of your visa app.

Accommodation (renters) If the sponsor rents a flat or house, the tenancy agreement should be provided. If the applicant is not a signatory to the tenancy agreement, then an additional statement from the landlord (or estate agent) should be provided that attests to his agreement that the premises will be occupied by an additional person. If an existing tenancy agreement is to be used, it should have at least six months before expiry. If the tenancy agreement does not have at least six months before expiry, then an additional statement from the landlord showing intent to renew at the same terms should be provided.

Rented accommodation If the accommodation is privately rented, the sponsor should submit a letter from the landlord that confirms both the size of the property and his agreement that an additional occupant may take up residence there. The sponsor should also include a copy of the tenancy agreement, and the tenancy agreement should have at least six months remaining until its expiry.

and also read this http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...modation-notes
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post

although i need to review the fine print of all this---i think you need a letter from the landlord or agent to say your fiancee is permitted to occupy the place--and that it will be available for a further 6 months from the date of your visa app.

spot on mate, that's what i found also..

guys, what can i say, this forum is just full of great help, thanks again.. case closed..

@stevewool: Hi Steve, still not decided what to go for here, I can't really decide..would love to hear more thoughts and opinions on this from you steve, or anyone else though.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hiya eddiek,

My thoughts with Michael on this with spouse visa and my reasons why as I have done it...

First of all cheaper

But seriously less stress of proving that a marriage will take place in UK if you go spouse visa also the worry of applying for FLR so shortly after she arrives.

Also nice for her family to see her marry in the Phils and a blooming good holiday for you.

Myself would not like to think about paying two visa fees in such a short space of time I knew once I had my wife here there would be no worries for another 30 months.

That gave us time to plan, to put things into perspective and really just to have less things to worry about.

Whatever your circumstances regarding contemplating this may I wish you both the best of luck for the future.

Love and Peace...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya eddiek,

My thoughts with Michael on this with spouse visa and my reasons why as I have done it...

First of all cheaper

But seriously less stress of proving that a marriage will take place in UK if you go spouse visa also the worry of applying for FLR so shortly after she arrives.

Also nice for her family to see her marry in the Phils and a blooming good holiday for you.

Myself would not like to think about paying two visa fees in such a short space of time I knew once I had my wife here there would be no worries for another 30 months.

That gave us time to plan, to put things into perspective and really just to have less things to worry about.

Whatever your circumstances regarding contemplating this may I wish you both the best of luck for the future.

Love and Peace...
    i couldn't have said it better

also if you get a spouse visa your wife could virtually work straight away ( if she wanted) , while on a financee visa she would have to wait til she has FLR
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post

Hence contract!

you guys are great, thanks for that, my understanding of this visa situation is growing immensely!

thank you and all the best.

btw, how do i commend people, or whatever it is you crazy forum kids call it?!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    you guys are great, thanks for that, my understanding of this visa situation is growing immensely!

thank you and all the best.

btw, how do i commend people, or whatever it is you crazy forum kids call it?!
    You mean rep mate

You just click on the little black star under the comment from someone which you think has helped you.

Then click approve if helpful and you can also give a reason why followed by your name.

As you seem such a nice guy here is a rep from me...

thanks for the help guys.

im just after coming back from the phiilipines

I was there for 2 weeks, first time in asia, obviously first time in ph too.

absolutely immense experience.

we have decided to take the spouse visa route, and plan to marry in ph.

having only just looked briefly into marriage in the ph, i now realise that the spouse visa application is a lot easier than 'the getting married in the ph' bit! i have a lot to learn, and really dont know where to start.

any advice out there, i just need some advice on what i should be reading or understanding at this point.

one of my concerns at this stage relates to the total number of days the whole process will take over there, as i am limited to only 25 days of holidays per year, and need to minimise the number of days away from my desk at work so as to safeguard my job!lol

i would really like to chat with someone who has recently married in the ph, and returned to the uk with their ph wife.

again guys, a big thank you to everyone

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

Hi there are many here that have done just that,including us,welcome and good luck

Hi there Eddiek,

First of all glad you had such a good time in the Phils like me. I found it an absolutely amazing and wonderful place.

Now to the point of time restrictions here is how mine went:

I arrived in the the Phils on 30th June 2012 and was married on 12th July 2012 so effectively 12 days but please read on.

Basically my wife and her family had most things in place by the time I arrived all we had to do was give notice of marriage at the town hall which had to be put on display there for 10 days before the mariage licence was issued, this is something that has to be done and there are no short cuts.

As I say can be done in a short amount of time but others will say allow at least 14 to 21 days...

Best of luck.....

PS: Don't forget to give your intention to marry at your local registry office here in the UK which will take 21 days to collect the certificate which can be exchanged for a local one which you need from the embassy in Manila, this can be done while waiting for your marriage licence to be processed...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    PS: Don't forget to give your intention to marry at your local registry office here in the UK which will take 21 days to collect the certificate which can be exchanged for a local one which you need from the embassy in Manila, this can be done while waiting for your marriage licence to be processed...
    Actually that's no longer necessary now (one less challenge)

There's a new process effective since March 1st 2014 although it does still requires a British Embassy appointment.
    See the British Embassy publication called - Marriage in the Philippines

Thread Information