Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Procedure taking my 8month baby back to the uk

Hi all!!! New to this forum, I'm a British citizen born in manila father of two sons wife from Davao with a spouse visa, my eldest was born in London and my latest baby born in the Philippines we are currently sorting out his Philippine passport but would like to know what is the procedure and how long will the whole process take so that we can all go back to the uk. Looking for those who have similar experience as to what I'm facing now, would appreciate any feed back from you guys, many thanks in advance!

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefsho1 View Post
    Hi all!!! New to this forum, I'm a British citizen born in Manila father of two sons wife from Davao with a spouse visa, my eldest was born in London and my latest baby born in the Philippines we are currently sorting out his Philippine passport but would like to know what is the procedure and how long will the whole process take so that we can all go back to the uk. Looking for those who have similar experience as to what I'm facing now, would appreciate any feed back from you guys, many thanks in advance!
    Hi could you elaborate further on this.

You say you are a British Citizen born in Manila.

Did you acquire this due to one of your parents being British or naturalised in the UK?

Or did you yourself acquire British Citizenship by being naturalised here in the UK?

And if you are British then why bother getting your son a Philippine passport when he will be eligible for a full British passport, then in the future he won't have problems traveling the world and needing to get visas everywhere.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Interesting, look forward to Chefsho1's comments!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    And if you are British then why bother getting your son a Philippine passport when he will be eligible for a full British passport, then in the future he won't have problems traveling the world and needing to get visas everywhere.
    I think Steve, if he (the OP) is a British citizen born in Manila, his kids won't be eligible for a British passport right away unless they are born in the UK. I'm sure Joe has posted that before, regarding kids of British by descent. Joe will correct me if I'm wrong.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information