Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: IN UK now

IN UK now

Hi everyone.. its been a while since I last posted. I'm sure this has been covered already but I just couldn't seem to find the right post. I am in Wales now, been here since 12th of February. Our wedding is scheduled on May 16th and my fiancee visa will expire on the 5th of August.

I'm just wondering if there's anything I need to do before that. Do i need to register somewhere? Or get some papers ready?

Any information would really help. Thanks a bunch!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi, where in Wales do you live?

Anyway, you can register to a local GP (doctors) and dentist. Also, your hubby needs to put your name in some utility bills so you have proof of address. You will need it when applying your next visa.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hi, where in Wales do you live?

Anyway, you can register to a local GP (doctors) and dentist. Also, your hubby needs to put your name in some utility bills so you have proof of address. You will need it when applying your next visa.
    Yes as Raynaputi says get joint accounts for various things. I will soon set up joint bank account and phone & electricty bills. I think for the FLR you will need 6 pieces of evidence so lots of time to prepare..but time will come around soon.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Banned
    Also don't forget the all important council tax.........you will need to tell them the date you arrived so you will be billed accordingly. Make sure they spell your name correctly.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Are these adding spouse in utility bills free? Or need to pay? Should your fiancé add you before your wedding?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Are these adding spouse in utility bills free? Or need to pay? Should your fiancé add you before your wedding?
    It's all free. As soon as you arrive here, your fiance can do that.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks so much for all the replies ... So all of this should be done before the wedding? Is there anything else? What personal documents do I need to provide?

I'm sorry.. I'm in Pembrokeshire.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    ha ha ha--you will soon find these bills are sky high already--dont go giving them new ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Mariafeda View Post
    .....Do i need to register somewhere? Or get some papers ready?
    Any information would really help. Thanks a bunch!
    Welcome to UK

First and foremost do register with your local doctor and dentist...follow these useful links:-
    How do I register with a GP?
    How to find an NHS dentist?

Here's a link to a website that you may find useful called - Just Landed

Another similar and pretty good general website is here called Just arrived in UK

The very best website for all issues connected with the UK Government Departments etc is here called GOV.UK
    You'll find a complete range of information and services. Very useful.

Sorry to repeat what others have said but it is important to have your name added to your husband's Council Tax Bill, and any utility bills (this will provide address ID to open bank account, applying for credt, applying for FLR etc.)

I'd also suggest you consider studying and passing the new Life in UK Test and a B1 level English Language test (you need to pass both before applying for ILR). It's always a whole lot easier to find time to study and pass during you early months while you have time free before you are granted FLR(M) and start working.(If you have any intention to seek employment)
    Immediately following approval of your spouse visa FLR(M) you should apply for your National Insurance Number.

Don't get too hung up on these adding names issues.....take you time to complete each one properly.
    For the FLR(M) there's no requirement to submit such proofs of you cohabiting at the same address.....that comes later with ILR. However, for your first FLR(M) you will need to submit your marriage certificate.

Always a good idea to print out the FLR(M) form here for review from time to time just to be sure your on track and have no unexpected surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Welcome to UK

First and foremost do register with your local doctor and dentist...follow these useful links:-
    How do I register with a GP?
    How to find an NHS dentist?

Here's a link to a website that you may find useful called - Just Landed

Another similar and pretty good general website is here called Just arrived in UK

The very best website for all issues connected with the UK Government Departments etc is here called GOV.UK
    You'll find a complete range of information and services. Very useful.

Sorry to repeat what others have said but it is important to have your name added to your husband's Council Tax Bill, and any utility bills (this will provide address ID to open bank account, applying for credt, applying for FLR etc.)

I'd also suggest you consider studying and passing the new Life in UK Test and a B1 level English Language test (you need to pass both before applying for ILR). It's always a whole lot easier to find time to study and pass during you early months while you have time free before you are granted FLR(M) and start working.(If you have any intention to seek employment)
    Immediately following approval of your spouse visa FLR(M) you should apply for your National Insurance Number.

Don't get too hung up on these adding names issues.....take you time to complete each one properly.
    For the FLR(M) there's no requirement to submit such proofs of you cohabiting at the same address.....that comes later with ILR. However, for your first FLR(M) you will need to submit your marriage certificate.

Always a good idea to print out the FLR(M) form here for review from time to time just to be sure your on track and have no unexpected surprises.
    Thanks sooo much, Terpe for the detailed reply... I'll be checking them out now....

Banned
    Welcome to the UK. Get down to Argos for one of these :-

Cookworks 1.5 Litre Rice Cooker - White.
    £15.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9367809.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mariafeda;487249.
    I am in Wales now, been here since 12th of February.
    Hi. May I ask how long have you waited for your visa to be despatched? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gladz View Post
    Hi. May i ask how long have you waited for your visa to be despatched?Thanks
    Hi... mine arrived after 5 weeks of submission.

Welcome to the Forum
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Welcome to the Forum
    Thank you!

somewhat belatedly (from me!) to our friendly forum ... more recently, to the UK, Maf ... and all the best with your application for Further Leave to Remain.

Thanks very much!

Hi ...

Thread Information