Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

VAF4A and Appendix 2 form questions

I have just taken a look on the form, here are some of the numbers that I am unsure what to answer:

1.1do you have a home office reference number? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
    What does it mean?

6.5 have you ever been refused, deported, removed or
    otherwise required to leave any country (including the uK) in
    the last 10 years? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

My UK marriage visitor visa was refused last month, I was refused but not deported nor removed. Should I still answer Yes?

7.22 is your sponsor currently living in the uK? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box, If ‘Yes’ when did he/she arrive in the UK?
    My fiance is in UK british and living in UK, what do they mean first arrival of my fiance?

APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A)

1.16 If you are an unmarried or same sex partner, have you been living in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership?
    -is this question applicable to us?

1.18 Do you intend to live with your sponsor permanently?
    Since this is for fiancee visa, which my visa will just be valid for 6 months, Should I answer no

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your
    wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? If ‘Yes’ please give full details. If ‘No’ please give reasons why you have never lived together.

whenever he is here, we are living together in the hotel, but that's just for few days, is that consider as yes?

2.2 Does your sponsor own this property?
    his apartment is mortgage, does he own it? Or rented? He hasnt paid full yet+

Do you intend to work in the UK?
    This is a bit obvious but just want clarification, it has to be no right?

3.22 If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the
    application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the
    12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? >>

I do not really get the question. My fiance has been working in BT for 6 years, should I answer no?

Does your sponsor have any savings, property or other >>
    income, for example (from stocks and shares) and is this money
    under their control?

Can we say yes even if his bank savings is just 3000GBP, and is his apartment (mortgage not fully paid yet) can consider as his property?

4.16 Do you have any income or savings that will still be
    available to you once you come to the UK?

I only have few thousands (not more than ten thousand) in my bank, should I say yes? If I say yes, I will be giving them my banks statements correct?

Some questions are I know I have to answer with common sense but I dont want to assume.

1.1 if you've or your b/f has had a letter from the HO it could be on that letter
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    1.1do you have a home office reference number? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
    What does it mean?
    - If you don't have a Home Office reference number, then just answer no.

6.5 have you ever been refused, deported, removed or
    otherwise required to leave any country (including the uK) in
    the last 10 years? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

My UK marriage visitor visa was refused last month, I was refused but not deported nor removed. Should I still answer Yes?
    - Answer YES since your marriage visitor visa was refused. You have to put in detail the reasons why though. I believe it'll be in another box.

7.22 is your sponsor currently living in the uK? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box, If ‘Yes’ when did he/she arrive in the UK?
    My fiance is in UK british and living in UK, what do they mean first arrival of my fiance?
    - Just put his date of birth in the field provided.

APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A)

1.16 If you are an unmarried or same sex partner, have you been living in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership?
    -is this question applicable to us?
    - If you haven't lived together, just answer NO.

1.18 Do you intend to live with your sponsor permanently?
    Since this is for fiancee visa, which my visa will just be valid for 6 months, Should I answer no
    - Fiancee visa is a type of settlement visa, so answer YES.

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your
    wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? If ‘Yes’ please give full details. If ‘No’ please give reasons why you have never lived together.

whenever he is here, we are living together in the hotel, but that's just for few days, is that consider as yes?
    - I believe you should answer NO to this. Give the reasons that you only stay together for a few days when he visits you. Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but when I applied for my fiancee visa, I just answered NO.

- Errr..I believe he owns it if he has the papers for it. Others might give the better answer for this.

Do you intend to work in the UK?
    This is a bit obvious but just want clarification, it has to be no right?
    - You can answer either YES or NO. But include a statement saying "Until my visa permits me to."

3.22 If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the
    application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the
    12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? >>

I do not really get the question. My fiance has been working in BT for 6 years, should I answer no?
    - I'm not sure if you can answer Not Applicable with this one.

Does your sponsor have any savings, property or other >>
    income, for example (from stocks and shares) and is this money
    under their control?

Can we say yes even if his bank savings is just 3000GBP, and is his apartment (mortgage not fully paid yet) can consider as his property?
    - YES

4.16 Do you have any income or savings that will still be
    available to you once you come to the UK?

I only have few thousands (not more than ten thousand) in my bank, should I say yes? If I say yes, I will be giving them my banks statements correct?
    - You can answer YES if you can provide some documents for it.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Exclamation

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
    -permanently

did I answer correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    -permanently

did I answer correct?
    Hello! I answered the same, hope its correct lol

-permanently

did I answer correct?
    Same answer

HELP. What are the differences of the categories in appendix 2? im confused

Trusted Member
    - Errr..I believe he owns it if he has the papers for it. Others might give the better answer for this.

If the property is on a mortgage in his name, then the answer is 'YES' he owns it ...regardless of how much of the mortgage has been paid off.

- I'm not sure if you can answer Not Applicable with this one.

Not applicable for this question...as you've already stated that he has worked for the same employer for the past 6years.

(Note the word I've highlighted in the question...'IF').

Trusted Member
    Just remember that these forms are designed to cover a myriad of different circumstances and variations on individual lives.

Whatever route you take through the form, just ensure that you have all the required proofs to back up your statements and responses to the questions.

Are you not receiving any assistance from your partner with this form-filling ?

HELP. What are the differences of the categories in appendix 2? im confused
    Jen,
    In principle there are five categories:-

1. Income from salaried or non-salaried employment.
    (Category A or Category B depending on the employment history)

2. Non-Employment income. Such as income from property rentals or dividends from shares etc
    (Category C)

3. Cash savings above £16,000 (held by the sponsor and/or applicant).
    (Category D)

4. Pension income (Sponsor and/or applicant.
    (Category E)

5. Income from self-employment. (includes UK Limited Company director)
    ( Category F or Category G depending on the specific financial year being submitted.

From the information you've shared your fiance would be either Category A or Category B

In basic principle if your Fiance has been working for his employer for 6 months or more then the starting point is Category A

Next step is to depending whether he is a 'salaried' employee or 'non-salaried' employee.
    The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how the gross income is actually calculated.

Salaried employment generally means being paid the same basic amount each month which equals or exceeds the income level needed (eg £18600 pa)
    Non-salaried employment includes being paid at a variable rate, hourly rate or other rate or being paid an amount which varies according to the work done.
    The level of gross annual employment income will then be a calculated annualised average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application.

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation is used:-

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

IF you can't meet the requirement under Category A then you should consider Category B

Category B is specifically for those folks who have been less than 6 months with their employer OR who have been with their employer for more than 6 months but have a highly variable or seasonal income that cannot meet the '6 month' rule'

To summarise Category A and B

ALL applications under Category A will involve providing evidence of income in the 6 months prior to the date of application

ALL applications under Category B will involve providing evidence of income in the 12 months prior to the date of application.

How do you see your Fiance's income best considered ?
    and why?

If there's any doubt we can go through it step by step.......it's important to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Just remember that these forms are designed to cover a myriad of different circumstances and variations on individual lives.

Whatever route you take through the form, just ensure that you have all the required proofs to back up your statements and responses to the questions.

Are you not receiving any assistance from your partner with this form-filling ?
    I was but he was pre occupied with rugby last night. Hahaha

I know Terpe and my fiance now is with his daughter so I wouldnt really like him to be stressed with this today.

Okay so my Boyfriend's payslips are with me now, I just paid my visa today 21st of March.

His employment commenced 05/01/2009= Category A
    I am looking at his payslips now and seeing that he has base pay every month

July 2013
    Base pay: 1,812.92
    Cover: 198.60
    GROSS PAY: 2,011.52

August 2013
    Cover: 248.25
    GROSS PAY: 2,061.17

September 2013
    GROSS PAY: 2,011.52

October 2013
    Base pay: 1,870.58
    Cover: 248.25
    GROSS PAY: 2,118.83

November 2013
    GROSS PAY: 2,069.18

December 2013
    Cover: 148.95
    GROSS PAY: 2,019.53

January 2014
    Cover: 297.90
    GROSS PAY:2,168.48

February 2014
    EXTRA DUTY:89.60
    GROSS PAY: 2,158.78

So I guess he is under salaried employment.

....So I guess he is under salaried employment.
    Yep....easy peasy Category A salaried employment. Done.

Questions:

3.11 What is your sponsor's annual income from this employment before tax?
    -my fiance told me that from 01/04/2013, he earned 21,755 then from 01/10/2013 it went to 22,247. How am I going to answer the question?

3.22 If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the 12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?
    -??

I am also quite confused with employer's information. BT has lots of offices, he works in Warrington but in his certificate of employment, the main headquarters of BT is in London, and they have given their official land line number

Financial Requirement:
    What is the address, phone number and email address of your sponsor’s employer?

So what are we going to put? The address where he physically located (address where he works) or the main headquarters of BT?

PART 4 (maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement)
    (You should complete this maintenance section if you are not required to complete the financial requirement section in Part 3. This
    includes those who answered ‘Yes’ to question 3.1 and children who are not required to meet the financial requirement. See the policy
    guidance notes who needs to complete this part instead of Part 3.)
    Since we answered 3A, should i leave 4.1 up to 4.16 blank?

Hello guys,

another question is, it ask for how much is the living cost per month? What does it include? Does it mean the whole expenses (mortgage, bills, food etc.) of my fiance per month? Or just the accomodation fee he's paying every month?

And also, in my vaf4a, I just put the information of my fiance's new passport and did not include his old passport info, but I will be including it in my supporting documents, will it be a ground for refusal?

Jen, would you like me to phone you? Please pm me your landline number.

Thread Information