Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do or Die match

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Do or Die match

I know that I would really get some comments that I wouldn't want to hear, some might judge my fiance but I am just really alone thinking about this thing, I cannot tell this to my family and someone who knows me personally. But I will not be biased and will listen to everything you might say.

I am in a relationship with my British fiance for a year and 1 month, he did lots of sacrifices specifically he rented out his apartment for a year and went back to his mum's house just to save, and be able to meet me, not just once but twice. He sacrificed his social life for me and we're both waiting for us to be together.

Fiancee visa is risky, that's what we are telling to each other before, personally I didn't like it and we did not want to lose that big amount of money so we tried visitor visa and we talked about breaking up if my marriage visa will be refused. Well it was refused, after all the stress and hard times, it was still refused, we were really frustrated, I thought it will be our end.

He decided to take the risk, and he said what he had saved is for us, so he will use all of it and do everything now for this fiancee visa, but since he went back to his apartment he won't be able to save now, no more other income aside from his monthly salary but it won't be enough anymore as he will be paying monthly a lot now.

So this fiancee visa is a do or die match for our relationship, if we fail, we have no choice but to give up as he cannot wait for years/months again. It is quite sad thinking that if it happens, I won't be able to see, touch and be with the man I love more than anyone here in the world. November will be our last meeting then which is very painful.

I hope you understand why I always ask questions about everything in my visa application, that's the only part I can do to save our relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    he did lots of sacrifices specifically he rented out his apartment for a year and went back to his mums house just to save, and be able to meet me, not just once but twice. He sacrificed his social life for me and we're both waiting for us to be together.
    they're not sacrifices, he got something out of it, he met you
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Its really sad reading this... Just too bad that a real couple couldn't be together because of the rules... Lets hope for the best!

And, correct me if I'm wrong in understanding that the UKVI is also reviewing the existing financial requirements. Fingers crossed!

Wishing you all the best Jen

Trusted Member
    Good luck to you both.

More 'sacrifices' to come, but that's what having a mature relationship is all about...especially a long distance one.

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Its really sad reading this... Just too bad that a real couple couldn't be together because of the rules... Lets hope for the best!

And, correct me if I'm wrong in understanding that the UKVI is also reviewing the existing financial requirements. Fingers crossed!

Hello Rani, May I know what did you mean about "existing financial requirements"?

Hahaha. It is really difficult guys, I have been pre-occupied for months unintentionally. Making me a life-less person to be honest. I am just really wishing that all of these will turn out well

Have faith... I am sure everything will be ok

Banned
    I am in a relationship with my British fiance for a year and 1 month,

to be fair--in britain many couples go years before they get married--especially if they are saving up for a lavish wedding--or a deposit on their first home. it seems a bit odd to write off a relationship after only 13 months. just what is the hurry--?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    they're not sacrifices, he got something out of it, he met you
    Exactly. ..they're not sacrifices. ..They should be done without a heavy heart. Much more testing times ahead. .like living together

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hello Rani, May I know what did you mean about "existing financial requirements"?
    Hiya Jen,

Rani means that the financial requirements have been reviewed by the british courts and appeal judges will be releasing there judgment in the next couple of weeks regarding a possible change in having a lower income threshold.

Don't anybody build hopes on this as it could be possibly long drawn out.

Getting back to your thread Jen as I have said before please please have faith in this fiance visa and never give up hope.

If you two are meant to be together then it will happen and if you love each other as much as I think you do then you will be together no questions asked, you will find a way.

Believe me I had so many doubts when me and Jem were going through all this visa stuff, it was her who had the faith to say "Mark everything will work out, be strong and believe, we will find the right path" and we did and we have been together in the UK 15 months with our little boy at nearly 14 months old.

So Jen please always believe and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

God bless sweetheart...

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I am in a relationship with my British fiance for a year and 1 month,

to be fair--in britain many couples go years before they get married--especially if they are saving up for a lavish wedding--or a deposit on their first home. it seems a bit odd to write off a relationship after only 13 months. just what is the hurry--?
    It is not practical to wait especially in a long distance relationship, my fiance is not a millionaire to always travel here to see me. I am unsure who would fully understand what he is going through living alone. Why wait if we can start doing the right things to be together right? It is not being in a hurry, as my fiance went back to his apartment, he wont be able to save a lot and he will be starting paying big amount of expenses in June. I love him and I miss him so bad, both of us are living miserably being apart. It is not the quantity you know, it is the quality, there are couple who are in long term relationships but they turned out having miserable life. If you have a strong personality and can wait a long time for you girlfriend, then you will never understand my fiance's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya Jen,

Rani means that the financial requirements have been reviewed by the british courts and appeal judges will be releasing there judgment in the next couple of weeks regarding a possible change in having a lower income threshold.

Don't anybody build hopes on this as it could be possibly long drawn out.

Getting back to your thread Jen as I have said before please please have faith in this fiance visa and never give up hope.

If you two are meant to be together then it will happen and if you love each other as much as I think you do then you will be together no questions asked, you will find a way.

Believe me I had so many doubts when me and Jem were going through all this visa stuff, it was her who had the faith to say "Mark everything will work out, be strong and believe, we will find the right path" and we did and we have been together in the UK 15 months with our little boy at nearly 14 months old.

So Jen please always believe and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

God bless sweetheart...

I will defo look back on this Mark once I received the result, I will be submitting my documents on Tuesday, I am just really into this now and want to be so in detail to avoid mistakes again or else I will lose my boyfriend. Thats the worst thing that can happen to me for my whole life.

Good luck with your application.

Why would you lose your fiance if the application fails He can always come to the Philippines to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Good luck with your application.

Why would you lose your fiance if the application fails He can always come to the Philippines to get married.
    Aww you're not reading my post. hahaha.

Don't lose hope and motivation....focus on the application in hand.
    If all fails you can both follow a step-by step approach in get wed in Philippines during a 14 day period.....it's all been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Don't lose hope and motivation....focus on the application in hand.
    If all fails you can both follow a step-by step approach in get wed in Philippines during a 14 day period.....it's all been done before.
    Hi terpe I've sent you a private message

I may well be wrong but from memory, Terpe has disabled his Private messages.

I`m sure he will clarify one way or the other.

Banned

This could actually backfire on many more applicants. Unlike in the old rules, disposable income is not taken into consideration. As it stands the sponsor can have a top line of £18500 with most of that going on mortgages credit cards etc and still get his/her partner to the UK...........yet another sponsor could be on £18499 with no debt and yet be refused.

I advise anyone thinking about handing a settlement Visa app who's finances are on the limit, get your applications in asap

Jen, you worry too much ...your man earns more than enough to get you here on the rules as they currently stand. Forget about his outgoing and what have you, It doesn't matter where your Settlement Visa app is concerned...you can worry to your heart's content about that when you are here . Follow the positive advice you've had on here. You won't have a problem

Jen, Fred is correct......my PM facility is disabled....means I cannot receive PM's
    Sorry

Yes rani, the courts were to give a decision this month.......it appears to be delayed for a couple of months.
    The courts suggested £13000 but the government stuck it's heels in. If (a big if) there's agreement the best that could be hoped for would likely be a half-way compromise of say £15500

The government would ideally like to increase the limit.

As you say fingers crossed.
    There are hundreds of applications currently 'on hold' with UKVI pending the final outcome from the courts simply due to not meeting the Financial Requirement in some form or other

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes rani, the courts were to give a decision this month.......it appears to be delayed for a couple of months.
    The courts suggested £13000 but the government stuck it's heels in. If (a big if) there's agreement the best that could be hoped for would likely be a half-way compromise of say £15500

The government would ideally like to increase the limit.

As you say fingers crossed.
    There are hundreds of applications currently 'on hold' with UKVI pending the final outcome from the courts simply due to not meeting the Financial Requirement in some form or other
    If that will happen, I prorably think that they will add some requirements again. Yay. I need to submit my application asap I guess,

btw terpe, here is the link to my questions.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....form-questions

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    This could actually backfire on many more applicants. Unlike in the old rules, disposable income is not taken into consideration. As it stands the sponsor can have a top line of £18500 with most of that going on mortgages credit cards etc and still get his/her partner to the UK...........yet another sponsor could be on £18499 with no debt and yet be refused.

I advise anyone thinking about handing a settlement Visa app who's finances are on the limit, get your applications in asap

Jen, you worry too much ...your man earns more than enough to get you here on the rules as they currently stand. Forget about his outgoing and what have you, It doesn't matter where your Settlement Visa app is concerned...you can worry to your heart's content about that when you are here . Follow the positive advice you've had on here. You won't have a problem
    Thank you for giving me hopes hihihi. I worry too much despite of tons of documents I have on my hand now

Question, my boyfriend forgot to include his January 2014 payslip to his parcel, but he sent me an email of it, since his payslip is now online, is it fine to print it here? It is not practical to spend 30 GBP for a piece of paper.

Question, my boyfriend forgot to include his January 2014 payslip to his parcel, but he sent me an email of it, since his payslip is now online, is it fine to print it here? It is not practical to spend 30 GBP for a piece of paper.
    Jen, the documents to be submitted should be original. Do you already have an appointment? If none, i think its best for your fiance to send the paper by uk mail (it will take two weeks), so hopefully it will be at your hands before your appointment

I have read all your posts.

Jen, the documents to be submitted should be original. Do you already have an appointment? If none, i think its best for your fiance to send the paper by uk mail (it will take two weeks), so hopefully it will be at your hands before your appointment
    for real? we actually all his payslips are generated online so because all employees there just print it out, how about this? oh no. :(

Banned
    Llke Jen's bf, my payslips are online too, no paper versions. My photocopies were accepted. I remember getting my bank statements stamped and signed. His wage payments will correspond on those statements.

You can get post to the Philippines in a few day if you use a courier service.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Llke Jen's bf, my payslips are online too, no paper versions. My photocopies were accepted. I remember getting my bank statements stamped and signed. His wage payments will correspond on those statements.

You can get post to the Philippines in a few day if you use a courier service.
    He sent it to me from his email and print it out tho same format but different how it was printed. It's not practical sending a paper via dhl , he already sent two dhl parcels as he forgot two papers now it's third parcel if what I printed is not ok to submit :(

Banned
    Doesnt matter Jen....Photocopy is OK...you got the certified (stamped and signed) bank statements...they will show his wages.

He sent it to me from his email and print it out tho same format but different how it was printed. It's not practical sending a paper via dhl , he already sent two dhl parcels as he forgot two papers now it's third parcel if what I printed is not ok to submit :(
    Jen,
    Prior to the '9 July changes' a number of our members managed to succeed with their visa applications using just scanned/photocopies of many documents.
    Some folks have managed to succeed recently using scanned/photocopy images.

It's entirely your personal decision and risk.

UKVI still maintain that
    All documents must be the ORIGINALS unless otherwise stated.
    To follow the rules without risk you should make sure that any online document submitted is certified by the issuing authority.
    For payslips that would be the issuing employer and for bank statements a relevant bank official.

The guidelines under Section FM 1.7 state that:-
    Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively electronic bank statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

...........Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name, or be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.
    My personal advice is to always minimise risks, however it's your personal choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information