Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Watches

I do like to see a nice watch and i would never pay the silly prices too, but a copy well thats another story,
    My last holiday to Dubai i brought a nice watch and i had a choice of many , but i went for a tag, the cost was very good after i had beaten the price down way down i may add,
    Anyway there was another store selling other watches too, and i very good copy of a Patak Philipps i wanted this one too, but i thought i was greedy, anyway i have got my bro in law to go and get it for me , there is a budget and i am sure he will come good, just have to work out the post cost

Banned
    my late wife used to work in H Samuel jewellers. when customers bought in fakes for new batteries--the watches were accidentally damaged beyond repair.

no-one complained.

my old watch again a tag brought from Borocay over 4 years ago and very very cheap broke the second hand came off, so i took it to the local market stall to fix and he said it was one of the best hes seen, and it still works too

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Have a search for Christopher Ward watches, currently have about 10 of his. Might be able to do a forum member discount if you know who to ask

nice looking watches there Simon

I love my watches and have over 10... though currently i am switching between a early 1980's Citizen automatic watch and a late 1970's or very early 80's Kingsonic digital watch.

I have saved enough money for a real Tag (outlet in York) - though not bought one.. i personally like my aviator watch (not too expensive) - http://aviatorwatch.ru/en/aviator/

my Seiko watch I've worn everyday for more than 20yrs has finally packed in well its still going, but the crown has rusted up and broken off

I'm not into expensive brand names or fakes but I'll probably buy one of these, I've seen them for around £70, i like gadgets and its radio controlled and also solar powered so it will do for everyday use

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Casio-...item5af3712e47
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Steve.. You got the right time? I think I might be a bit fast.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Steve.. You got the right time? I think I might be a bit fast.
    the right time in the right place is what i am after now Fred

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/

If any members are interested then I should be able to get you a decent discount

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    http://www.christopherward.co.uk/

If any members are interested then I should be able to get you a decent discount
    Spam alert!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Spam alert!!!

Sorry Fred, what do you mean by spam.

I bought a few fake watches in the phils tag,brietling ect ect and to my surprise all are still working fine even the automatic ones if i had to choose a favourite i would say the omega

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    I bought a few fake watches in the phils tag,brietling ect ect and to my surprise all are still working fine even the automatic ones if i had to choose a favourite i would say the omega
    its just the airfare you have to pay to go and collect the watches thats the problem

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    its just the airfare you have to pay to go and collect the watches thats the problem
    Agree steve but a lot of fun on the journey

Agree steve but a lot of fun on the journey
    next trip i am going to buy a few, my bros are always saying you should have brought me one too

Respected Member
    Some of the fakes are pretty impressive with seiko kinetic internals to give the smooth movement.
    I occasionally get nice watches given from work, often personalised (the clasp and face with a emblem ), but to be honest never wear them because I am scared to lose, damage or bring undue attention on myself. I actually haven't worn a watch for months now.

This is what I bought from Abu Dhabi

Respected Member
    This is what I bought from Abu Dhabi
    Very smart, I personally wouldn't be able to determine whether that was genuine or fake unless compared directly alongside perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Very smart, I personally wouldn't be able to determine whether that was genuine or fake unless compared directly alongside perhaps.
    i always think its a watch and i like it, if it breaks well hay ho, if i lose it, thats life, but if it cost me a lot i would be gutted on both accounts

Same here steve friends & family all want one bought back

next trip i am going to buy a few, my bros are always saying you should have brought me one too
    Same here steve friends & family all want one bought back
    has anyone ever had their bags searched by UKBA when arriving back in the UK ?

I never have, but then I've nearly always walked thru nothing to declare, and i think one time i walked thru anything to declare there was no one there

after collecting my bags once, a security guard went around looking at the tags on each persons bag
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Yes i have, the very first trip to the phils and on my return just after xmas,

I was wearing shorts and a shirt as we landed i had a great tan also, but as i was walking through i was pulled over asking where i have just come from, after a few minutes of asking questions and looking into my bags i was off, i new i had nothing extra at all

Trusted Member
    Thanks for the reminder.

That watch of mine (Seiko) must have been sitting there for 3 years now, waiting for a new battery.

Respected Member
    I've been checked at Manchester and Southampton, both times when I was younger, but not in recent years. I used to fly into Humberside a lot where there is a red telephone marked 'anything to declare' and the local bobby checking passports.
    I think they tend to be very good at profiling and targeting particular passengers, and to be honest with the reduced manpower they have I am sure they are looking for bigger fish then a few watches.

I think they tend to be very good at profiling and targeting particular passengers, and to be honest with the reduced manpower they have I am sure they are looking for bigger fish then a few watches.
    yes i think the cuts at UKBA have had an effect, at Manchester airport I've always arrived i think at around 7am on my way back from the phils and I've never seen anyone at customs once you've collected your luggage.(apart from the above someone checking peoples tags on their luggage)

one of the first times i went, I bought 4 reams of cigs for my brother and put them in my suitcase, i didn't know what the duty free allowance was then, anyway collecting my case at Manchester airport, some cheeky had forced one lock on the case open, and nicked 2 packs of cigs from a ream

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes i think the cuts at UKBA have had an effect, at Manchester airport I've always arrived i think at around 7am on my way back from the phils and I've never seen anyone at customs once you've collected your luggage.(apart from the above someone checking peoples tags on their luggage)

one of the first times i went, I bought 4 reams of cigs for my brother and put them in my suitcase, i didn't know what the duty free allowance was then, anyway collecting my case at Manchester airport, some cheeky had forced one lock on the case open, and nicked 2 packs of cigs from a ream
    The last three times I went to the phils I just walked straight through. Think there was only two officers standing there.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I've been checked at Manchester and Southampton, both times when I was younger, but not in recent years. I used to fly into Humberside a lot where there is a red telephone marked 'anything to declare' and the local bobby checking passports.
    Only ever been checked once, and that was Israel, they checked every single passenger, was a total of 4 hours!

my watch is not working, took it to the shop and they can fix it £25 will be ready next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information