Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

PNB Europe Remit problem - advice please

PNB Europe have withheld my remittance, asking for bank statement and reason for sending large amount £5,000.

I am anticipating a further problem, 1/ that I no longer have a UK residence and I have not changed my address with them as I am supposed to do, as my debit card address is supposed to match my registered address with them.

My debit card is now registered to my daughters address, if it proves to be a problem. I thought then i would change my address to match with them, if they ask for proof example utility bill like they did on opening the PNB account. Do you think they would accept a letter from my daughter stating I lodge there when in UK ?

For the suitable purpose ,,, would construction of property suffice ?

I send the money to Lolitas PNB account which is still in her surname she had before we married,i had thought not to change any details in case it caused problems using PNB Europe

Appreciate your input,, advice guys

Below is their email to me:

Good Day!

This is to inform you that your transaction is on a pending status.

May we require you to send a copy of your source of funds ( e.g. bank statement, sale of property, proof of inheritance, etc.) for this large amount of remittance you are trying to send. May we also know the purpose of your remittance? This is also in compliance with PNB's internal rules and regulations regarding large amount of remittances. Please note that these requirements are for your own protecion as well as the bank.

Please send the scanned copy via email and we will approve your remittance upon receiving this requirement.

Thank you,

Customer Service
    Remittance Department

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    PNB Europe have withheld my remittance, asking for bank statement and reason for sending large amount £5,000.

I am anticipating a further problem, 1/ that I no longer have a UK residence and I have not changed my address with them as I am supposed to do, as my debit card address is supposed to match my registered address with them.

My debit card is now registered to my daughter's address, if it proves to be a problem. I thought then, I would change my address to match with them, if they ask for proof example utility bill like they did on opening the PNB account. Do you think they would accept a letter from my daughter stating I lodge there when in uk ?

For the suitable purpose ,,, would construction of property suffice ?

I send the money to Lolitas PNB account which is still in her surname she had before we married. I had thought not to change any details in case it caused problems using PNB Europe.

Appreciate your input, advice guys

Below is their email to me:

Good Day!

This is to inform you that your transaction is on a pending status.

May we require you to send a copy of your source of funds ( e.g. bank statement, sale of property, proof of inheritance, etc.) for this large amount of remittance you are trying to send. May we also know the purpose of your remittance? This is also in compliance with PNB's internal rules and regulations regarding large amount of remittances. Please note that these requirements are for your own protecion as well as the bank.

Please send the scanned copy via email and we will approve your remittance upon receiving this requirement.

Thank you,

Customer Service
    Remittance Department
    Part of the anti-money-laundering regulations allows them to seek confirmation that the source of funds is legit.

I've no idea how much detail they need.....I've been here before and it took a lot of paperwork.....no reason why you cannot be a lodger with your daughter.

Just give them what they want and all should be OK .... they just want to know it's genuinely your money and not just appeared overnight etc.

Good luck and be gentle.......it's sometimes easy to get frustrated with these people

Let us know how it goes...

Thanks Peter, it will be Monday before my daughter can scan my bank statements to email to me, before I can send on to PNB, her scanner is not working but a good son in law will scan at work on Monday

pnb released my rimmitence yesterday

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Great, I didn't think it would a big problem, you can also phone a remittance through that will allow you to speak to someone before you make a transaction!

At last...
    Did they question you on any of the documents you provided?

Trusted Member
    Glad you got it sorted Stewart.

One of the reasons I gave our family solicitor 'power of attorney' (and before that, my dad) when I went abroad for a few years. Makes dealing with banks, paying bills back home and suchlike a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Great, I didn't think it would a big problem, you can also phone a remittance through that will allow you to speak to someone before you make a transaction!
    mmm might be an expensive call from here and I no longer top up my uk sim

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    At last...
    Did they question you on any of the documents you provided?
    no questions, though I did get a further email from them asking for more recent bank statements, however I replied telling them it would be a few more weeks before my bank makes available to download in pdf,

but they had already released the cash before my reply

I did another remit this morning for half the amount and received it within 2 hours,

they say £2,500 is the max, above that they must check on you, I have sent £3000 a few times before and never any problem

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Glad you got it sorted Stewart.

One of the reasons I gave our family solicitor 'power of attorney' (and before that, my dad) when I went abroad for a few years. Makes dealing with banks, paying bills back home and suchlike a lot easier.
    yes I gave my daughter power of attorney too, but I wont trouble her if I can sort it myself from here,
    of course if any bad problems I cant sort that's when I will ask her help

gives peace of mind

Trusted Member
    Ah, sounds like you've got things covered then mate.

Thread Information