Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

What does this mean?

Hi

Today my OH and I received two emails on her visa application.. we are unclear as to what they mean, as they do not give us the result.. it seems.

any help understanding this would be great!

------

Email 1:

Dear RUTH,

A decision on your Visa application reference number: ************* has been made by the British Embassy. Your application has been received at the UK Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
    Visa Application Centre.

Email 2:

Dear RUTH,

Your processed visa application reference no. ********** dispatched to you via Courier on 03/05/2014 Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
    Visa Application Centre.

----------
    thanks

Dava

Trusted Member
    Sounds like good news to me.

Hi. I hope its a good news.

May i ask when did you lodge your visa application?

marga

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Sounds good to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by marga View Post
    Hi. I hope its a good news.

May i ask when did you lodge your visa application?

marga
    Hi!

we filled in our application online at the start of february and we went to VFS Manila on the 20th. We received the second VFS email one week later, and today was the 2nd week.

Quote Originally Posted by davathur View Post
    Hi

Today my OH and I received two emails on her visa application.. we are unclear as to what they mean, as they do not give us the result.. it seems.

any help understanding this would be great!

------

Email 1:

Dear RUTH,

A decision on your Visa application reference number: ************* has been made by the British Embassy. Your application has been received at the UK Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
    Visa Application Centre.

Email 2:

Dear RUTH,

Your processed visa application reference no. ********** dispatched to you via Courier on 03/05/2014 Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
    Visa Application Centre.

----------
    thanks

Dava
    It means that the UKVI Manila Hub has processed the referenced application.
    The Visa Application has no information at all about the decision. Only UKVI Manila Hub knows that and they will not inform VFS

Just hold tight and cross your fingers.

Did your OH yet receive any e-mail from UKVI Manila Hub?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    It means that the UKVI Manila Hub has processed the referenced application.
    The Visa Application has no information at all about the decision. Only UKVI Manila Hub knows that and they will not inform VFS

Just hold tight and cross your fingers.

Did your OH yet receive any e-mail from UKVI Manila Hub?
    Hi terpe

My OH haven't receive any e-mail from UKVI manila hub. She only received last 2 e-mails from the VFS. I hope the result will be our Goodluck

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Let us know about the out-come. My wife applied for her spouse visa on 5th february, her application is still under process. It's amazing that your OH's application jump the queue. Anyway I hope it's good news you and your OH.

just to confirm, we were refused.

we were refused on the grounds they had no proof she would return to Phil. ... at first I thought it was about the financial requirements.. of which i am exempt.. but turning the letter, it was explained why.. i thought it was fair because the officer didn't know us. Shame though .. if he had known us i think he would have approved.. some couples you can just tell .. yknow?

.. so do i start a new thread.. or for the sake of keeping this all in one place stay with this thread? .. in any-case my OH wants me to ask further what can we do? should we appeal? we are talking fiancee visa instead of visitor visa.. but its £860.. plus she has to return to VFS i should imagine, shes from CDO in Mindanao.. so that means a flights and hotel and money as well..mm lots to think about and if we have more information, it helps us make a considered choice on what to do.

The best thing you can do is marry your girl in the philippines and then apply for a spouse visa. The government are clamping down on all visas now.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    The best thing you can do is marry your girl in the philippines and then apply for a spouse visa. The government are clamping down on all visas now.
    Good advice, by the way what is the meaning of OH?

thanks for the advice andy.. I think .. we will talk about other options long and hard.. and end up doing exactly what you said.

and Michael.. it means 'Other Half'

oh and just to let you guys know .. sometimes Ruth posts as me coz she gets embarrassed. maybe just coz she's new to forums.

thanks for the advice andy.. I think .. we will talk about other options long and hard.. and end up doing exactly what you said.

and Michael.. it means 'Other Half'

oh and just to let you guys know .. sometimes Ruth posts as me coz she gets embarrassed. maybe just coz she's new to forums.
    Thank you for that, get wed in Philippines and good luck for the future!

I think its the best option there is a lot of information on here to get you through the process of a spouse visa.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

we were refused on the grounds they had no proof she would return to Phil. ... at first I thought it was about the financial requirements.. of which i am exempt.. but turning the letter, it was explained why.. i thought it was fair because the officer didn't know us. Shame though .. if he had known us i think he would have approved.. some couples you can just tell .. yknow?

.. so do i start a new thread.. or for the sake of keeping this all in one place stay with this thread? .. in any-case my OH wants me to ask further what can we do? should we appeal? we are talking fiancee visa instead of visitor visa.. but its £860.. plus she has to return to VFS i should imagine, shes from CDO in Mindanao.. so that means a flights and hotel and money as well..mm lots to think about and if we have more information, it helps us make a considered choice on what to do.
    What type of visa did she apply? Is it Visitor Visa or Fiancee visa?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

thanks for the well wishes guys.

and raynaputi.. it was a visitor visa.. we just couldn't afford the fiancee one.. but im back in beautiful rainy Scotland now.. and am 'hatching schemes' to make some money. got a couple of ideas already

Sorry to learn about the refusal.........

So this was a visit visa then ??
    Visit Visa's can be notoriously unpredictable.

Other than showing sufficient funding for the trip there's no financial requirement in the same way as visa's leading to settlement.........not sure what your exemption means...

It's worth a reminder to those reading here that the number one key issue for Visit Visa is providing good reasons to return home

Sadly there's no appeal allowed for vistor visa's

As regards options.......well if you both have a confidence you can overcome the reasons given in the refusal notification then there's no reasons why you shouldn't chance you luck with another Visit visa application.

The other options are for a visa leading to settlement (Fiance(e) or Spouse)
    I'd strongly suggest you research the needed requirements by review the forum thread here called All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa
    (do be aware that many of the links might not work as the UKVI webpages have all been updated and moved around)

You should also make searches here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern.

By the way, VFS has an Application Centre in Cebu if that helps.

VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
    9th Floor, Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop
    cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue,
    Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000

(Applicants who wish to lodge their UK visa application at the visa application centre in Cebu will be required to pay an additional service fee of Php 4,248 in cash at the visa application centre)

E-mail them at info.ukph@vfshelpline.com for details.

For settlement route Visa's you'll both need to consider securing an English language Test pass certificate and also a TB Screening certificate.(The TB testing clinic is in Manila...that's the only one so far approved by UKVI)

Quite some considerations to think through

Good luck.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    thanks for the well wishes guys.

and raynaputi.. it was a visitor visa.. we just couldn't afford the fiancee one.. but im back in beautiful rainy Scotland now.. and am 'hatching schemes' to make some money. got a couple of ideas already

I'm sorry for the refusal. Like what Terpe said, getting a visit visa is unpredictable and can be a lottery. A lot of members here has done extra work (whether part time or over time) just to meet the requirements. I'm hoping for the best for you and your fiancee.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sorry to learn about the refusal.........

So this was a visit visa then ??
    Visit Visa's can be notoriously unpredictable.

Other than showing sufficient funding for the trip there's no financial requirement in the same way as visa's leading to settlement.........not sure what your exemption means...

It's worth a reminder to those reading here that the number one key issue for Visit Visa is providing good reasons to return home

Sadly there's no appeal allowed for vistor visa's

As regards options.......well if you both have a confidence you can overcome the reasons given in the refusal notification then there's no reasons why you shouldn't chance you luck with another Visit visa application.

The other options are for a visa leading to settlement (Fiance(e) or Spouse)
    I'd strongly suggest you research the needed requirements by review the forum thread here called All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa
    (do be aware that many of the links might not work as the UKVI webpages have all been updated and moved around)

You should also make searches here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern.

By the way, VFS has an Application Centre in Cebu if that helps.

VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
    9th Floor, Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop
    cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue,
    Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000

(Applicants who wish to lodge their UK visa application at the visa application centre in Cebu will be required to pay an additional service fee of Php 4,248 in cash at the visa application centre)

E-mail them at info.ukph@vfshelpline.com for details.

For settlement route Visa's you'll both need to consider securing an English language Test pass certificate and also a TB Screening certificate.(The TB testing clinic is in Manila...that's the only one so far approved by UKVI)

Quite some considerations to think through

Good luck.
    Is additional service fee in cebu just increased now coz when I lodged my visa last month it was just 3,900 pesos.

Thanks Terpe and Raynaputi .. .. I just get the feeling we should marry in Phil. .. we went to Cebu while I was there, and found out Moya Jackson had retired.. we couldn't find out where to go. I'll discuss it further with Ruth.. as she says it's all very expensive to 1. buy my flight 2. pay for the settlement application (which is the only way to make sure of yes, given the refusal reason was no confidence in return) 3. pay for the wedding 4. pay for Ruth's flight.

But as my brother said.. ' save every penny, get on ebay, sell stuff.' .. I was also thinking repair broken computer components too, sell them back on ebay.

We will check out all that info Terpe.. thanks again
    Mike.. we might go back there again rather than manila.. but Manila has it all.. kinda thing.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Did you explain in the cover letter the reason for her to return back to the phils on or before her visa expires? They are very hot on this topic ang like what other said visit visa can be very unpredictable.

If you going to re-apply for visit visa, i suggest that you point out in the covering letter the reason why she needs to return back to the phils, i.e school, work and provide documents to support them.

Also, she dont need to book any hotel if she goes manila/cebu to apply, Ive done many roundtrips before from Dvo to Mnl in a day just to lodge me app and it all worked, she just have to manage her time wisely.

Dont lose hope yet, Im sure there will be ways to let her see your hometown. Best wishes. Xxx

Thread Information