Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Trusted Member
    What are 'branded' clothes ?

Are Tesco and Matalan brands ok ?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

No way Graham!

Quote Originally Posted by Janedan0913 View Post
    Everywhere I go, I always meet Filipinos. Some are friendly and some are snobs.

Once I was in Tesco, I was buying snack for my kids. I saw this Filipino couple with their basket full.

Anyway, they are about to pay for their items. The cashier told them how much to pay and the Filipina used her bank card and it was declined twice. She was talking to her hubby and said to him, "I thought you have money in this account?" They ended up leaving all the stuff as they don't have the money to pay.

They are snubbing me as I was just wearing my simple clothes and they were wearing their branded clothes.

Some Filipinos here thinks that they are above all when they are abroad. Well fact is, at times they had a hard time in the Philippines.

You can hardly see people who are very humble and very down-to-earth. I've worked with some Filipino nurses and most of them are in debt and don't know how to settle all their debts as they are busy partying.
    Never been in debt!

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tish View Post
    Hello dai FilipinaDiver,

distinctive gait

How do you differentiate the above to other nationality? I'm just curious �� hello BTW ��
    Hello Tish, its really hard to explain but I could clock a Pinay, living abroad for few years and my past time is people watching. I guess, a pinay's gait is composed of small steps, slow and the foot is almost not lifting when she does make a step.

Btw, my hubby and I went out for a glass yday and we saw a young pinay (maybe 25) on her way out from our compound. She did try hard to avoid me by squeezing herself out of the electric security gate and crossed the road. I caught her looking at me for few times but nada, nothing happened. I guess, she was just really shy hahaha! Next time I will just have to call her attention by shouting "Hoy! Ate!!!"
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver View Post
    Hello Tish, its really hard to explain but I could clock a Pinay, living abroad for few years and my past time is people watching. I guess, a pinay's gait is composed of small steps, slow and the foot is almost not lifting when she does make a step.

Btw, my hubby and I went out for a glass yday and we saw a young pinay (maybe 25) on her way out from our compound. She did try hard to avoid me by squeezing herself out of the electric security gate and crossed the road. I caught her looking at me for few times but nada, nothing happened. I guess, she was just really shy hahaha! Next time I will just have to call her attention by shouting "Hoy! Ate!!!"
    Wow that's an awesome skill to have dai

I can't tell a Filipina walk from any other nationality

But like you said - it must be because you spend a lot of time watching people walk

You might be able to use that skill to a good use

Yes ... perfectly OK.

So too, are those from Primark!

Banned
    I guess you havent seen my ex Filipina walk...standing flat foot at 5'6'' with 33'' legs...No small steps with her She kept up with my busy European pace no problem

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janedan0913 View Post

They are snubbing me as I was just wearing my simple clothes and they were wearing their branded clothes.
    Slightly curious here What made you think such a thing?

Banned

Designer outlets are the favoured locations

Trusted Member
    It's great (and cheap) being old enough not to care anymore.

Banned
    It's great (and cheap) being old enough not to care anymore.
    I didnt care when I was young

My first ex wife has freed up old pics to my daughter. She's got pics of me wearing a binliner carrying my eldest son's giant Silvester the cat in Ayr...this was in 89.

I had a lorry fire ..was lucky to escape with my life. The company I worked for thought I was to blame so left me out to dry I spent the night in a police cell..I had nowhere to go..lost all my clothes, money and cards. I will never forget leaving the police station. A loaded bus crossed my path..i remember the passengers looking at me...i still had charcoal over my face..I looked a mess. I will have to post them Happy days Not!

The only time I've ever been snubbed by a Filipina was in the Philippines. Matt and I were on our way back to Manila after backpacking in Northern Luzon. We got on a bus across the aisle from a woman younger than me who was travelling with her much-older boyfriend. Honestly, we didn't care what their circumstances were and even had a nice conversation with the man. However, the extremely classy lady wouldn't even acknowledge my presence, and when I went to go to the toilet at a pit stop, she apparently glared at my back with so much disdain. This was after she spent the first hour of the bus ride enchanting us all by putting her crusty foot up on the head rest in front of her and picking at her toenails, then eating a bag of crisps with the same unwashed fingers. At the end of the trip, I got off the bus and was looking for a bin for our trash when she came up from behind me and loudly mocked me in front of her boyfriend because I was apparently uncouth for not wanting to drop my trash on the ground. I wanted to point out to the old man how classy his girlfriend was, but I figured he was suffering enough.

I've never been snubbed by Filipinas here in the UK, but that's probably because I haven't encountered any Filipinas yet. If anyone's in Rochdale and feels like dropping by Middleton, I'd be glad for the company!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I've seen a few curly ones. Like the obese, I imagine they only come out under the cover of darkness.
    I have curly hair. I'd say a majority of Filipinas actually have naturally wavy or curly hair. I hope you know that the first tribes in the Philippines were either African pygmies or Australian aboriginal pygmies. In fact, some of us still have copper-coloured hair strands here and there when we're young.

Hello Tish, its really hard to explain but I could clock a Pinay, living abroad for few years and my past time is people watching. I guess, a pinay's gait is composed of small steps, slow and the foot is almost not lifting when she does make a step."
    I've never noticed a particular gait in Filipinas before, but I find it funny that you've picked them out of a crowd by their duck-footed mincing steps.

Strange!! I got a thread similar to this in 2011

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....B!!?highlight=
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

! From everyone's anecdotes on that thread you linked to, I'm starting to think I might be better off not encountering any Filipinas at all. It's like a lot of Filipinas turn scary and mean when they move.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    ! From everyone's anecdotes on that thread you linked to, I'm starting to think I might be better off not encountering any Filipinas at all. It's like a lot of Filipinas turn scary and mean when they move.
    No, that's not the case, I think all the comments on this thread are really about the rare occasion that they come across these events, please don't worry!

Don't be put off with any threads about snob filipinos etc..

You'll be fine, it takes a while to find a true friend whichever country you may be in.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    No, that's not the case, I think all the comments on this thread are really about the rare occasion that they come across these events, please don't worry!
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Don't be put off with any threads about snob filipinos etc..

You'll be fine, it takes a while to find a true friend whichever country you may be in.
    I guess. I just hope I don't come across any Filipina snobs.

That would be seriously off-putting.

Banned
    ! From everyone's anecdotes on that thread you linked to, I'm starting to think I might be better off not encountering any Filipinas at all. :cwm25: It's like a lot of Filipinas turn scary and mean when they move.
    Yep

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Yep
    Errrr...why do you think it's right that she should not meet any Filipinas at all? Not all Filipinas are the same..

Do not be put off with Filipinas living here in the UK dontpushme. I have a few Filipina friends here but they're not snob. There are also Filipinas I'd rather not talk to. Just like dealing with other nationalities, there are people who are nice to be friends with and there are also people that you wish you've never met at all.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Errrr...why do you think it's right that she should not meet any Filipinas at all? Not all Filipinas are the same..

Do not be put off with Filipinas living here in the UK dontpushme. I have a few Filipina friends here but they're not snob. There are also Filipinas I'd rather not talk to. Just like dealing with other nationalities, there are people who are nice to be friends with and there are also people that you wish you've never met at all.
    You couldn't have said it better than that Rayna!

Very well said Rayn.
    In my case, I don't get to see a lot of Filipinas as I am maybe always at home or work.

I've been introduced to lots of Filipinas when I arrived here by a common friend, we get on very well, we all go to different gatherings or parties..but then later on I found out that they are all just good in front of me, when I turned my back, I was the favourite topic of everybody...gossips here and there. One make stories about me to another person to hate me...or cover their lies...so I stopped seeing them.

I am better off without them as no one will interview me about my personal life like how old my husband is, does he earns good money, does he gives me this and that, does my husband sends money home monthly, how much money do we send home, blablablablabla... Showing off their latest phones, cars, gadgets, jewellery, Louis Vuitton bags or any branded stuffs. It's doin' my head in! Too much for me...

My social life may not be very good as I've got no Filipino close friends here to go out with but I am happy, husband is happy...... I am not against the idea of having Filipina friends, in fact I am searching for one or two or three... (Friends that will not talk behind my back nor discuss and broadcast my life to other people...)

Thanks, Rayna! I'm a little wary, but I haven't completely lost hope that I'll find a nice Filipina or two in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post

Very well said Rayn.
    In my case, I don't get to see a lot of Filipinas as I am maybe always at home or work.

I've been introduced to lots of Filipinas when I arrived here by a common friend, we get on very well, we all go to different gatherings or parties..but then later on I found out that they are all just good in front of me, when I turned my back, I was the favourite topic of everybody...gossips here and there. One make stories about me to another person to hate me...or cover their lies...so I stopped seeing them.

I am better off without them as no one will interview me about my personal life like how old my husband is, does he earns good money, does he gives me this and that, does my husband sends money home monthly, how much money do we send home, blablablablabla... Showing off their latest phones, cars, gadgets, jewellery, Louis Vuitton bags or any branded stuffs. It's doin' my head in! Too much for me...

My social life may not be very good as I've got no Filipino close friends here to go out with but I am happy, husband is happy...... I am not against the idea of having Filipina friends, in fact I am searching for one or two or three... (Friends that will not talk behind my back nor discuss and broadcast my life to other people...)
    It must have felt stifling being interrogated about things they had no business even asking about! You're definitely better off without them.

Banned
    I should've pointed out, this isnt my opinion but, the opinion of 4 or 5 filipinas who's lived here going on 20 years. They too came here just like your good selves wanting to be pals with all and sundry, setting up meets here there and everywhere that was until petty jealousies crept in..... reasons why and how they got here..so the nurses and factory workers fell out wd the pinays who came married to British etc etc.
    They still have their gatherings but, only in small groups

They too came here just like your good selves wanting to be pals with all and sundry, setting up meets here there and everywhere that was until petty jealousies crept in..... reasons why and how they got here..so the nurses and factory workers fell out wd the pinays who came married to British etc etc.
    They still have their gatherings but, only in small groups
    That's not the first time I've heard about it..........
    Former friends of mine told me about the clash between (A) Filipinas who came over here working as a nurse and (B) Filipinas who are married to British. Each got their own arrogance and pride to show which isn't very nice at all. For example, Filipina A will be so proud to broadcast to every Filipina she mets that she is as nurse and came over as a nurse without a British sponsor while Filipina B who works as a care assistant will be so proud to walk around everywhere with their British husbands showing off their husband's wealth.... I'm not generalising but I know some who are like that.......

We all like to dress nice have the best that we can afford, whether its branded stuff or not.

Named brands means nothing to me, shopping at the best shops, what a waste of money too, maybe I am just Koripot

But working together as one is the best way to get ahead of anyone or anything and then maybe that special dress, bag or shoes could be bought as a treat that you have always wanted from yourself not as a "look at me" sort of thing, just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    We all like to dress nice have the best that we can afford, whether its branded stuff or not,

Named brands means nothing to me, shopping at the best shops, what a waste of money too, maybe i am just Koripot

But working together as one is the best way to get ahead of anyone or anything and then maybe that special dress, bag or shoes could be bought as a treat that you have always wanted from yourself not as a "look at me" sort of thing, just my thoughts
    I never buy branded clothes...never! I am only after for the quality of the thing and if it does it's purpose. I always go for a bargain sale and I'm proud of it! Maybe I can never be proud to wear expensive branded clothes, for me it's a selfish thing and a waste of money...I'd rather spend a good amount of money for a good quality of food or a treat for my loved ones.

Despite of how cheap my clothes, shoes and bags are, people still say that I look fabulous and this and that....then I'll proudly tell them, Well, I only got this from Primark, it was on sale for £5"

Selfish thing a waste of money , i agree but each to there own, its who is wearing the cloths that matter, be beautiful inside thats more important in life

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.
    A golden rule to follow: it is better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn't smile back!
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

When we were on our weekly grocery run last Sunday, I saw some Asians. They looked Chinese, but I thought maybe they could be Chinese Filipinos. I kind of hovered around them for a few minutes but by the blank looks I got, they obviously weren't Chinese Filipinos. Ah, well. Couldn't hurt to check.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information