Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Trusted Member
    Good point. Also, I believe sometimes Thai ladies and Filipinas are not sure whether or not they are from the same country, so hesitate to speak.

Here in the Borders there's not many Pinoys and Pinays

So whenever I will see same profile as me I give my smile instantly, I only know 2 Pinays w/in the area and 1 Pinoy at work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    Here in the Borders theres not much Pinoys and Pinays
    So whenever I will see same profile as me I give my smile instantly, I only know 2 Pinays w/ in the area and 1 Pinoy at work.
    The immense infiltration is beyond our comprehension

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Since 1989 never come across Filipina ignoring one another in any public place they all seem to want to chat to each other, just wish we could see some locally in order to approach them because Maritess just looks like any other Brit apart from her cute little flat nose!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiechie View Post
    Is it just me? Or has anyone else (Filipinas) experienced being ignored or worse, avoided by fellow Filipino when you see them on the streets, malls, shops, etc.?

My Dad used to work in Israel for 10 years and he said that the Filipinos there have a solid community and help each other out. They even go to outings and festivals. So far in my 4 years (nearly 5) here in England, I have not met a "friendly" Filipino/Filipina stranger yet. All the ones I see in the streets would either avert their eyes or pretend they did not see you. Worse was when me and my husband went to a Filipino restaurant, everyone there looked us up in an uncomfortable way. We just happen to belong to different races but we are normal people too!

Other awkward moments includes when they keep trying to speak in English while talking to me when I can clearly tell they are Filipinos because of the accent. Sometimes I would speak Filipino (Tagalog) first to break the ice but they would still carry on speaking English that's why I gave up by now. I don't smile or try to establish any connections anymore. I know not everyone is a snob but so far the ones I happen to bump into are.
    You're not the only one love. I have experienced that as well and it breaks my heart because we are in a foreign country and we should be one and yet they don't care. I then learned that they experienced the same as what I am experiencing so I couldn't blame them at all.

Best to do is give a look if they look back and smile first then you smile and if they talk english to you, keep talking in Tagalog. That's what I do anyway.

Don't worry, there are more people around that deserves your friendship. Don't waste it to someone that doesn't deserve it. Keep chin up!

(cute little flat nose!) Michael Parnham
    My husband describes mine as like button

(Dont worry, there are more people around that deserves your friendship. Dont waste it to someone that doesnt deserve it. Keep chin up!)

well said melovesengland!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Since 1989 never come across Filipina ignoring one another in any public place they all seem to want to chat to each other, just wish we could see some locally in order to approach them because Maritess just looks like any other Brit apart from her cute little flat nose!
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.

Banned
    You're not by any chance blind Moy?

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    You're not by any chance blind Moy?
    I'll would rather be blind in case I'll bump you

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    I'll would rather be blind in case I'll bump you

Trusted Member
    To most blokes, things are purely visual.

Sorry Moy.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    To most blokes, things are purely visual.

Sorry Moy.
    exactly Graham “Men are visually aroused by women's bodies and less sensitive to their arousal by women's personalities because they are trained early into that response, while women are less visually aroused and more emotionally aroused because that is their training.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits

Trusted Member
    True Moy, but all those mentions of 'arousal' in your reply have made me feel rather peculiar and now I'm going to have to go lie down for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    True Moy, but all those mentions of 'arousal' in your reply have made me feel rather peculiar, and now I'm going to have to go lie down for a while.
    "Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands"

my ex got to meet some nice filipino's here in York... though also did meet some filipino's who were not apart the filipino community in York who told her to leave the others alone as they all talked among each other...

Though to be honest as an outsider.. the locals here (I had around for tea a few times) - really tried to help her adjust (brought her food etc)

Sadly it did not work out, but from what i learnt i was very happy for the local filipino community.

very true. my first experiences were like that too (been here for 7 mos. now) and ive come to realize most Filipinas are really like that up to now. sad isn't it? they seem to act as if theyre somebody and i dont have any idea why. oh well. just glad i found few who r very nice and close to me now. goodluck and dont stress about it dearie. if ur here nearby we could meet but gosh ur somewhere a bit far. lol

Banned
    Some have short memories too....I remember my family and I boarding the plane in Manila going to KL. We were walking up to our seats and I noticed there was a Filipina sat next to my wife's seat sobbing her heart out. She was alone, obviously an overseas worker...when she see our little tribe taking our seats she perked up.....The wife ignored her I was gutted, gutted for the Filipina....Short memories, indeed

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.
    This is very sad and very true! I have worked in Egypt for years and Pinoys would gather every Friday (mind you to attend the mass) and you could just feel and hear them talking often badly about someone who's not around, so that's one of the reason I stopped going to the church . And pinoy men would do their tricks on you despite telling them that you're taken!

I took a day out in Manchester today and saw 2 middle age women, I could pretty spot a Filipina I must say: jeans, 'rebonded' hair with hair dye which is at least a year old, distinctive gait and always holding a mobile (latest model ofc!). I smiled at them but they ignored me hahaha! Anyway, as I went home I bumped into this cool-looking mid-age Pinay, she saw me from a far and asked "Pinay?!", she's so jolly and I would love to see her again soon.
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

Trusted Member
    What does this 'rebonded' hair mean ?

I sometimes see it mentioned on facebook by Filipino friends, so got to thinking... maybe I could have some 'rebonded' on to the top of my head.

grahamw48, hair rebonding is uber cheap in the Philippines, well it depends on where and who your stylist it. Basically, Hair rebonding is a process which permanently and chemically straightens your hair and makes it sleek, shiny and straight. Yes, some women do need a bit of a trick to woo a man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.
    Speak for yourself

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDi View Post
    very true. my first experiences were like that too (been here for 7 mos. now) and ive come to realize most Filipinas are really like that up to now. sad isn't it? they seem to act as if theyre somebody and i dont have any idea why. oh well. just glad i found few who r very nice and close to me now. goodluck and dont stress about it dearie. if ur here nearby we could meet but gosh ur somewhere a bit far. lol
    Short memories I guess

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver View Post
    grahamw48, hair rebonding is uber cheap in the Philippines, well it depends on where and who your stylist it. Basically, Hair rebonding is a process which permanently and chemically straightens your hair and makes it sleek, shiny and straight. Yes, some women do need a bit of a trick to woo a man.
    Oh, thanks for that. I guess it's more 'extensions' that I need then.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver View Post
    Yes, and the chemicals they use in Philippines on the hair, are illegal in UK!

Yes Michael Parnham the chemicals are not allowed because of one main reason, Health and Safety!!!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Plenty of these chemicals are from brands L'Oreal and Kerastase, which are also used here in the UK. Well at least from the salon's I used to go to.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Plenty of these chemicals are from brands L'Oreal and Kerastase, which are also used here in the UK. Well at least from the salon's I used to go to.
    What was the price you used to pay in Philippines Rayna? Maritess used to pay P1000 and I used to wait for her for up to 4 hours and my eyes were watering whilst waiting!

Hello dai FilipinaDiver,

distinctive gait

How do you differentiate the above to other nationality? I'm just curious �� hello BTW ��

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information