Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pistorius trial

If you were found guilty of aiding and abetting Les you would get 'life'

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Well if had killed my Daughter I would probably have paid a sniper to take him out
    And if they found out it was you that paid the sniper you would be guilty of murder and out in 15!

For killing my Daughter worth every year poor Oscar my ....

For killing my Daughter worth every year poor Oscar my ....
    I have a daughter too Les.
    If someone killed her accidentally, I dont think that revenge would bring her back or make me feel any better either.

I have never believed his story tho. It's ridiculous.

I have never believed his story tho. It's ridiculous.
    The truth is often stranger than fiction..
    The Prosecution had more than enough time to prove murder without a shadow of a doubt.
    They failed big time.

Still not buying it. He got away with it. A complete idiot with guns. If I knock someone down by bad driving I would go to jail for longer. If I had been caught say, driving on the pavement twice before like an idiot, it would count towards my punishment.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    In cross examination he was asked about his firearms training. He said that it would only be in the very last resort that he would be permitted to fire.

That is more or less the same as in UK. That is when he was directly threatened with a lethal weapon and could not do anything but use his weapon, it would be justified.

Thus when he fired at the door knowing that someone was on the other side, but not being threatened at all, he was admitting in effect murder.

That he got acquitted of course does not mean he was ‘not guilty’. He got off.

If they have the balls to appeal he could easily be convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.

Totally agree John.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    He's a nasty piece of work anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    In cross examination he was asked about his firearms training. He said that it would only be in the very last resort that he would be permitted to fire.

That is more or less the same as in UK. That is when he was directly threatened with a lethal weapon and could not do anything but use his weapon, it would be justified.

Thus when he fired at the door knowing that someone was on the other side, but not being threatened at all, he was admitting in effect murder.

That he got acquitted of course does not mean he was ‘not guilty’. He got off.

If they have the balls to appeal he could easily be convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.
    Thanks for your expert opinion John

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    If someone killed her accidentally, I dont think that revenge would bring her back or make me feel any better either.
    He didn't accidentally kill someone, he meant to kill someone by firing 4 dum-dum bullets thru the door, expanding bullets that mushroom on impact and cause maximum tissue damage.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Maybe he thought Warwick Davis had broken in, and he was shooting 4 warning shots above his head
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Certainly no accident Fred. He meant to kill whoever was in the toilet. I just honestly believe he knew it was Reeva.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Certainly no accident Fred. He meant to kill whoever was in the toilet. I just honestly believe he knew it was Reeva.
    Of course.. Accident was the wrong word.. "Tragic Mistake" would have been a better choice of words..
    I happen to believe that he didn't have the faintest clue she was in there.. He thought she was asleep in a pitch dark bedroom,which was where she was when he left her for a short period..

I happen to believe that he didn't have the faintest clue she was in there.. He thought she was asleep in a pitch dark bedroom,which was where she was when he left her for a short period..
    But it wasn't pitch black though. Oscar made it clear that there was a blue LED lit on the stereo. Just one blue LED is enough to light up a room like a Nazi camp looking for escaping Englander's at night. With one blue LED you can clearly see the wrinkles in a face, never mind a whole body. This is because of the way our eyes see blue light, hence alarm clocks are usually red or green. He even admitted that the LED light was bothering him, which is why he tried to cover it up, unsuccessfully.

It was also shown during the trial that the balcony light was on according to witnesses, and even with blackout curtains, light still gets in.

According to witnesses they were arguing up until shots were heard!

He is Snidey that's my considered opinion,I have no doubt when he gets released after a brief period of mourning and adjustment he will be partying like it's 1999 and making shed loads of money from tv appearances and book sales.

Respected Member
    Fred, but he believed someone was behind the door, that was why he fired. So he intended to injure or kill.

Sorry M' Lady, Murder would have been the correct finding.

Fred, but he believed someone was behind the door, that was why he fired. So he intended to injure or kill.
    Yes thats true..And if I thought there was someone behind a door in my home that was there to do me or my family no good and I had a gun.....!! Guess what?

He is Snidey that's my considered opinion,I have no doubt when he gets released after a brief period of mourning and adjustment he will be partying like it's 1999 and making shed loads of money from tv appearances and book sales.
    Let's hope he won't make shed loads of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    But it wasn't pitch black though. Oscar made it clear that there was a blue LED lit on the stereo. Just one blue LED is enough to light up a room like a Nazi camp looking for escaping Englander's at night. With one blue LED you can clearly see the wrinkles in a face, never mind a whole body. This is because of the way our eyes see blue light, hence alarm clocks are usually red or green. He even admitted that the LED light was bothering him, which is why he tried to cover it up, unsuccessfully.

It was also shown during the trial that the balcony light was on according to witnesses, and even with blackout curtains, light still gets in.
    An LED light? Are you kidding me? I just turned off the lights in my living room and have two LED`s running.. I cant see a F@king thing!!
    Where would your focus be if you think you are being invaded and threatened?? From the the illusions emitted from an LED light or the noise from the door and the perceived threat from within?
    Get real!
    I love it when people say how they would react in a given situation as if such a situation had happened to them at the spur of the moment!
    Hopefully that situation never occurs...But if it does..At the very least expect a surprise that cannot be thought of as logical in the cold light of day!
    The surprise quite often comes too late.

Respected Member
    Yes thats true..And if I thought there was someone behind a door in my home that was there to do me or my family no good and I had a gun.....!! Guess what?
    As South African law seems to be the same as UK, in those circumstances you would be guilty of murder.

One can only take life to protect one's own life or that of another person, providing there is no alternative.

So chase the guy down the street who just shot and killed your wife and kill him, murder. Or, as he is about to kill your wife you kill him --- justifiable homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    As South African law seems to be the same as UK, in those circumstances you would be guilty of murder.

One can only take life to protect one's own life or that of another person, providing there is no alternative.

So chase the guy down the street who just shot and killed your wife and kill him, murder. Or, as he is about to kill your wife you kill him --- justifiable homicide.
    There you go John... At least here in the R.P I can buy justice if I so wish..
    In the UK I just need to suck up to the Liberal way of thinking. Obey the law and grieve alone.

Bet you would check where your wife was first

If he was of presence of mind to get his gun - he had time to ascertain where she was.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    An LED light? Are you kidding me? I just turned off the lights in my living room and have two LED`s running.. I cant see a F@king thing!!
    Where would your focus be if you think you are being invaded and threatened?? From the the illusions emitted from an LED light or the noise from the door and the perceived threat from within?
    Get real!
    I love it when people say how they would react in a given situation as if such a situation had happened to them at the spur of the moment!
    Hopefully that situation never occurs...But if it does..At the very least expect a surprise that cannot be thought of as logical in the cold light of day!
    The surprise quite often comes too late.
    There was one time, in the middle of the night, Keith heard a loud bang (with glass breaking) at the hall by the kitchen. Well what he did was woke me up and ask what's that and if I heard something. Turns out it was the mirror by the hall, it fell from the wall.

Like what Les said, the first thing you do is ask whoever you are in bed with if he/she heard something, not get a gun and shoot 4 times on the bathroom door without even knowing if someone really is in there. It's one of the basic scenarios even in movies which involve burglars!

Oh, and blue LED light is quite bright in a dark room. Every night I have to flip over my phone if the small blue LED light flashes for notifications (if family in the Philippines sent messages and such), coz it lits up the bedroom with its continued flashing.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Get real!
    It is real!

This was in Oscar's own evidence He even stated that he got out of bed as it was annoying him.

Blue LED's are used by astronomers so they can see in the dark, but not change their pupils. They are also used as night lights for babies/kids so the parents can see in the room.

Also your vision in poor light adapts so he managed to find his gun alright?

Bet you would check where your wife was first

If he was of presence of mind to get his gun - he had time to ascertain where she was.
    Exactly Les, but he knew where she was and that's why he shot her!

Of course.. Accident was the wrong word.. "Tragic Mistake" would have been a better choice of words..
    "When you shouted at Reeva to phone the police, she was 3m away from you in the toilet, but she didn't say anything," he said. "Why would she not say anything?

Mr Pistorius said he did not know.
    He asked why he had not checked whether Ms Steenkamp had heard his calls for her to phone the police, or why he had not taken her to safety instead of going to confront the supposed intruder.

Mr Pistorius said it was his personality to confront what he believed was an intruder.
    He doesn't know because it never happened - the same guy, who said he was in so much fear of being attacked or robbed and goes towards trouble instead of getting himself and his g/f away from it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26984472
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Reeva Steenkamp 'hadn't slept with Oscar' before he killed her says mum June
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-oscar-4503137

She was killed on Valentines day, maybe if what her mother said is true, this was the cause of the alleged argument

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information