Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pistorius trial

I,m sorry but this judge is takin the She adjourned for 5 minutes but took half an hour. She,s only been back for 10 minutes then decides she wants another cup of tea for an hour. FFS, what a clown

I'm amazed we will now have to wait weeks for sentencing. More like a money making drawn out soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I'm amazed we will now have to wait weeks for sentencing. More like a money making drawn out soap opera.
    I think she,s milkin the limelight for as long as it takes so she can claim to be famous lol

how many people on here, if they heard a noise would get their gun, go and see what the noise was and then fire 4 shots thru a door without knowing who was on the other side

You got a gun Joe?
    If you did,its easy to say that you wouldn't use it in the dead of night to protect your self and family if you thought your house had been invaded.. How much more threatened would you feel if you had no legs?
    If I knew there were intruders in my house,I`d do it in a heart beat.

were did he think his g/f was ????
    He thought she was in bed..He even told her to call 911 as he grabbed the gun.
    IMO there is no way that he could have come up with that story so quickly before interrogation.. A made up story would have been picked apart by the prosecutor in the court room given the time line of testimony and events. Look at the evidence.. The judge made a good decision..Accept it!

They were having an argument just before shots were heard, its so obvious she was murdered!
    The witnesses and evidence were shown to be completely unreliable.
    Thats why it was disregarded..
    The Judge has had to sit and listen to all the testimony for 5 months.. I wonder how many people here on this forum have burned the midnight oil ploughing through case files,evidence and testimony!!

such a waste of a beautiful woman
    It was a terrible tragedy..No doubt about it.
    Imagine killing a loved one by accident?
    Hard to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Tony Martin top man
    Man should have been a hero..

Instead, he was dragged through the mud and locked up for defending his home against scumbags..

F...... Shameful.

Tony Martin thankfully got out very early. So Pistorius heard a noise and automatically assumed it was a threat!

Don't believe it one bit. I would bet any one of us would ascertain where our partner was before blasting the bathroom. You would call out immediately.

I bet he doesn't get 15 years. That's the maximum penalty for the crime the judge says he is guilty of.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Man should have been a hero..

Instead, he was dragged through the mud and locked up for defending his home against scumbags..

F...... Shameful.

You got a gun Joe?
    If you did,its easy to say that you wouldn't use it in the dead of night to protect your self and family if you thought your house had been invaded.. How much more threatened would you feel if you had no legs?
    If I knew there were intruders in my house,I`d do it in a heart beat.
    No, I don't have a gun, no need for one even in sunny Salford, he's not protecting his family he's shot and killed his g/f! A good reason why guns should be banned.

Well he couldn't have felt that threatened. Instead of calling for security or police, he went to see what the noise was, well that's what he claims

There was no intruder in his house

He thought she was in bed..He even told her to call 911 as he grabbed the gun.
    IMO there is no way that he could have come up with that story so quickly before interrogation.. A made up story would have been picked apart by the prosecutor in the court room given the time line of testimony and events. Look at the evidence.. The judge made a good decision..Accept it!
    In bed, you mean his bed? You would have thought he would have noticed if she was there or not. If not the same bed surely his first priority would be to find her and make sure she was safe ?

The witnesses and evidence were shown to be completely unreliable.
    Thats why it was disregarded..
    The Judge has had to sit and listen to all the testimony for 5 months.. I wonder how many people here on this forum have burned the midnight oil ploughing through case files,evidence and testimony!!
    I think I heard the judge saying she didn't believe what he was saying.

It was a terrible tragedy..No doubt about it.
    Imagine killing a loved one by accident?
    Hard to live with.
    It wasn't a terrible tragedy, he knew exactly what he was doing when he fired 4 shots thru the door! He meant to kill someone and that's what he did.

There is only one victim here, his dead g/f and of course her family.

As for burning the midnight oil ploughing thru case files, I know that when faced with life in prison or the death penalty they will lie and do all it takes to get off with it, and yes, I have burnt midnight oil on the Jodie Arias case, google that - how some murderers make out they were the victims.

Looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth in court before the Jury, google and find out what she did to her ex b/f who was twice her size and athletic. You would be shocked, same crocodile tears as Pistorius,

And her mug shot - yes her police mug shot!

And out of court for the cameras:

What's harder to live with, is a dead innocent victim. Judging by what his ex was saying he's not so innocent as he makes out.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Don't believe it one bit. I would bet any one of us would ascertain where our partner was before blasting the bathroom. You would call out immediately.

That we agree on Les, he told her to call the police. How did he manage to do that? Was she in the same room as him? She couldn't have been. Did he shout and tell her? If she wasn't there, why didn't he make sure she wasn't in the bathroom?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

It all depends what you think is on the other side of the door.
    No evidence to prove premeditated murder..
    I suppose you think Tony Martin was a murderer too then?
    So long as it was someone else's beautiful intelligent daughter on the other side of the door it's alright.

He murdered that poor girl and I can't believe the judges decision

Joe..I`m not going to be a part of a rent a mob retrial on this forum.

Either read the court transcripts or don't.

If you want to argue in a circular motion based on YOUR facts alone backed up by inane LOL icons, then I`m not your man!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    So long as it was someone else's beautiful intelligent daughter on the other side of the door it's alright.

He murdered that poor girl and I can't believe the judges decision
    Spot on

He lost his rag after an argument and then shot her dead through the bathroom door

Who shoots intruders through doors anyway? (lame excuse)

As OJ SIMPSON proved you can get away with murder

Fred, my x wife never use to lock the bathroom door went she went to use the cr !

This was a nasty gun-happy individual who has a long history of losing his temper

Joe..I`m not going to be a part of a rent a mob retrial on this forum.

Either read the court transcripts or don't.

If you want to argue in a circular motion based on YOUR facts alone backed up by inane LOL icons, then I`m not your man!

rent a mob, from what i've seen on tv many experts, yes lawyers in S/A , defence and prosecution are surprised by her verdict and her family are angry at it

what did he expect would happen to anyone on the other side of the door when he fired 4 shots into it, he meant to kill therm, if that's not murder then what is it? how can it be the equivalent to manslaughter ? don't tell me he didn't intend to kill them ? , and how can it be self defence ?
    where was the threat ?

his story is as laughable as jodi Arias , that had ninja's in it, dyed hair, number plate changes etc, and a excuse of why she didn't flee when she had the chance, just like Pistorius, but they didn't, they decided to stay and kill someone.

no rent a mob, he has been found guilty of manslaughter.

The judge can't see the wood for the trees!
    He heard a noise,he had the presence of mind to get his gun but not at any-point ascertain where Reva was?
    Turn the light on perhaps,call her name and wait for answer-no!
    Just go and unload your gun through the bathroom door having not located your girlfriend-sheer madness.
    It has to be murder as he purposely fired the shots,knowing it would most certainly take someones life.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I have not listened to all the case but from what I have seen and heard I cannot believe he should have been acquitted of murder.

Unlike an average person (posters here) he was a practiced shot trained how to act in such situations (as I was) who, just like a trained firearms police officer, would have previously thought about how he would react in such a situation. It was not a instant decision.

He knew standing outside the toilet with a gun loaded with hollow nosed rounds, that if a person opened the door and threatened him with lethal force he could have killed him instantly.

To fire such rounds into such a small area as he did he would have known that he would kill. Unlike a 'normal bullet' that may just wound a hollow nose will probably kill from almost any hit.

That he says he did not know it was his GF inside , I understand, in SA law as in UK law, it makes no difference who he killed as he clearly intended to kill.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    He knew it wasn't an intruder otherwise he would not have positioned himself in front of the door in case he got shot!

Isn't it strange that the judge discredited all of his evidence, and then found him guilty of manslaughter based on his story? Which to me his story is evidence?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I understand that in SA Law, just as under UK Law (Common Law and Criminal Law Act 1967) one can take a life to protect oneself, their family, their property or that of another person. However the action must be reasonable in the circumstance, that is effectively that there is no other possibility.

That covers say a police officer who shoots an armed man who is about to kill or seriously injure another person, justifiable homicide. Had an armed intruder come out of the toilet, then justifiable homicide could have been argued.

"Sorry My Lady, I think you got it wrong."

She will be well aware now what many are thinking, so I reckon to save face,
    she will give him the max number of years.

Trusted Member
    Then there are the repercussions...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    He knew it wasn't an intruder otherwise he would not have positioned himself in front of the door in case he got shot!

Whatever!!!
    I always knew he would walk.

I always knew he would walk.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Isn't it strange that the judge discredited all of his evidence, and then found him guilty of manslaughter based on his story? Which to me his story is evidence?
    Agreed.
    I have no idea how the law works in South Africa or how they constitute manslaughter..But yes I do find it strange why he was found guilty of culpable homicide given that she was prepared to accept his story as the ONLY person there alive to give credible evidence.
    Who knows except the judge..He may still walk.

Pistorius plans money-spinning book as girlfriend's family head home

Oscar Pistorius plans to write a book giving his account of what happened when he shot dead his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, and his ordeal in standing trial for her murder, his manager said on Saturday.
    The memoir could prove hugely lucrative for the Paralympian but also prompt accusations that he is cashing in on the killing of the 29-year-old model and law graduate.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...steenkamp-book

Masipa's rejection of premeditation was largely expected: there were only two witnesses to the shooting, one of whom was killed, leaving the state to rely on circumstantial evidence and the testimony of neighbours that Masipa rejected as conflicting and unreliable.

However, she also absolved Pistorius of a lesser charge of non-premeditated murder on grounds that the state had failed to prove intent or dolus eventualis, a legal concept that centres on a person being held responsible for the foreseeable consequences of his actions.

"The evidence failed to prove the accused had intention" to kill, she said. "The accused had the intention to shoot at the person behind the door, not to kill."

Many ordinary people were perplexed.

And some legal experts thought she might have got it sufficiently wrong to give the prosecution a good chance if it decided to appeal on the point of law.

"Many of us believe she might have erred with regard to the ruling on non-premeditated murder, the whole issue of dolus eventualis," Cape Town criminal lawyer William Booth told South Africa's ENCA television.

For one thing, there are South African legal precedents. "We have many judgments which essentially say: 'If you point a firearm at someone and shoot, then you intend to kill them,'" said Steve Tuson, a law professor at Witwatersrand University.

And for another, elsewhere in her ruling Masipa conceded that "a reasonable person would have foreseen, if he fired shots at the door, the person inside the toilet might be struck and might die as a result".

Some experts suggested Masipa might have ruled out intent on the basis that Pistorius could not have believed specifically that he was shooting Steenkamp, with whose murder he was charged, rather than someone else. "How could the accused reasonably have foreseen that the shots he fired would kill the deceased?" she asked.
    http://www.scmp.com/news/world/artic...tin-dictionary

and

State urged to appeal Pistorius ruling

Pretoria - Oscar Pistorius's escape from a murder charge might be short-lived as a growing number of legal experts believe the State will appeal Judge Thokozile Masipa’s judgment.

According to the Sunday Times, Advocate Mannie Witz, a leading criminal law expert, said the State needs to appeal the conviction, stating that Masipa’s judgment needs to be considered by a senior bench to provide clarity for South African courts.

He said only the Supreme Court of Appeal in Bloemfontein could provide this.
    Read more here ....

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Os...uling-20140914

Pistorius will be sentenced on Monday. I reckon he won't get more than 5 years.

15 years my guess

well if the judge wants to restore her credibility after all the bad media around the world on her verdict ,she must give him the 15 years max .cannot see that though ,shame because it would give him plenty of time to write his book while sitting on his bitches lap in jail lol

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    well if the judge wants to restore her credibility after all the bad media around the world on her verdict ,she must give him the 15 years max .cannot see that though ,shame because it would give him plenty of time to write his book while sitting on his bitches lap in jail lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information