Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Philippine passport renewal

Been nearly 6 weeks since Jamie renewed her passport at Philippine Embassy in London and still waiting for its return...

Need to book flights for end of March for her to go and see her family am just wondering whether to book the flight now or wait for her passport to come back

Still only £714 return for her and our son at the moment so shall I wait or book them now...

Hi Mark - same as my Florsel - it's been almost 6 weeks since Florsel renewed her passport at the Philippine Embassy London.

Looks like we just have to sit tight

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Cheers Stevie, anyway just looked at flights with Emirates if we have to book late and just looked at prices if you book a couple of days before and they seem to be cheaper so fingers crossed...

That's good news Mark. I tend to book flights nearer the time as I find there a some good deals to be had usually with Cathay. As to the passport, I may leave it until Friday & give the Embassy a call

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    When I renewed my passport last year, I got it after 6 weeks. I'm sure your wives' passports will arrive soon.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

As Rayna says, I'm sure it'll arrive anytime soon. The Embassy claim between 6-8 weeks.

Cheers Rayna and Peter...

Yep, thanks Rayna & Peter

Update passport arrived this morning after exactly 6 weeks, told Jamie her next one will be a British one...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Update passport arrived this morning after exactly 6 weeks, told Jamie her next one will be a British one...
    Bang on time

Happy days Mark

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    If a Filipina is a British citizen with a British Passport I believe she has surrendered her Philippine status until she applies for her dual citizenship, if this is correct why do customs in Philippines stamp the husbands Passport with a 12 month visa?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    If a Filipina is a British citizen with a British Passport I believe she has surrendered her Philippine status until she applies for her dual citizenship, if this is correct why do customs in Philippines stamp the husbands Passport with a 12 month visa?
    That's just a privilege as a foreign husband of a Filipina, taking into considerations that she has dual citizenship (British & Filipino). But you will only get that if you travel back to the Philippines WITH your wife. If you go to the Philippines alone, you will only be given a 30-day visa. I'm not really sure if you'd get the Balikbayan stamp as well if your wife won't show a Philippine passport and will show the British passport instead.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I'm not really sure if you'd get the Balikbayan stamp as well if your wife won't show a Philippine passport and will show the British passport instead.
    My wife did not renew her passport since it got cancelled at her oath taking.
    As long as you can show your certificate of Filipino citizenship then no probs with Balikbayan stamp.
    We did that for years.

Michael, technically, Filipino citizenship is lost from the moment of British naturalisation.

Whether or not those newly British naturalised folks actually inform the Philippine Embassy and have their passport voided is another question.
    Many just continue to use their Filipino passport without informing anyone and without re acquiring their Filipino citizen status.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Michael, technically, Filipino citizenship is lost from the moment of British naturalisation.

Whether or not those newly British naturalised folks actually inform the Philippine Embassy and have their passport voided is another question.
    Many just continue to use their Filipino passport without informing anyone and without re acquiring their Filipino citizen status.
    My ex wife obtained her citizenship in the early 90's and her Philippine passport expired not long after, it was never renewed and I got my Balikbayan stamp every time we went to Philippines!

My ex wife obtained her citizenship in the early 90's and her Philippine passport expired not long after, it was never renewed and I got my Balikbayan stamp every time we went to Philippines!
    Yep. Most likely the immigration officer just made assumptions and gave it. My guess is you both had the BB stamp

Thread Information