Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Visa application is under process at the British High Commission?

Hi all,

I have applied for Spouse Visa on 6th February, I am tracking status everyday and it always shows "Your visa application is under process at the British High Commission" Does it mean someone is looking at it?

Can anyone tell me what does it mean? Thanks

be patient young lady ,as it says its being processed so its going forward all good things come to those who wait lol

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    be patient young lady ,as it says its being processed so its going forward all good things come to those who wait lol

I wondered how long it will take to make a decision? lol I cant wait much longer as I miss my hubby so much lol

I have heard about 2 months is about average

Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    I wondered how long it will take to make a decision? lol I cant wait much longer as I miss my hubby so much lol
    Take a look here at UKVI published historical data

Scroll down to the bottom of the table and look under the type of visa.
    Settlement is right at the bottom.

Respected Member
    Good luck. I am sure you will be in the UK before you know it, and then missing the Philippine Sunshine and Food a little later... :-)

Hi all,

I have applied for Spouse Visa on 6th February, I am tracking status everyday and it always shows "Your visa application is under process at the British High Commission" Does it mean someone is looking at it?

You're not alone. I've lodged mine last 21 January and up to this moment,am still waiting. Be patient.As the saying goes, "patience is a virtue". So let's keep our fingers crossed and pray for a good news soon.

Hi all,

This is a standard reply sent to ALL visa applicants. I remember my own wife receiving similarly~worded messages when she was tracking her application ... it simply means what it says ... i.e., it's being dealt with in the normal way.

Godspeed with yours!

Same here! I'm tired of being away from my man :( And waiting is driving me nuts.. I hope the Embassy hurry up lol As Gladz said, lets keep our fingers crossed. Goodluck to us!

Thank u all for d advice! I can't wait to hear from d Embassy lol

My wife's Visa took about 6 weeks but we had Christmas period too. I know a few people here have had theirs in 3 weeks!

So be patient it will soon come along

John & Angeline
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Trusted Member
    Bit different back in 1991.

We (already married in the Phils) went in for an interview at the British Embassy in Manila, apparently said all the right things, and then waited to collect the passport, complete with visa, at the counter. Cost...£40.

(Still had to attend the daft 'marriage guidance' seminar though).

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Bit different back in 1991.

We (already married in the Phils) went in for an interview at the British Embassy in Manila, apparently said all the right things, and then waited to collect the passport, complete with visa, at the counter. Cost...£40.

(Still had to attend the daft 'marriage guidance' seminar though).
    I wish it's still 1991 because with all the hassle and spending so much money you can still get DECLINED for visa now
    RHAI ' CHARD o23

Trusted Member
    You can blame that on all the people (from other countries, not the Phils) who have tried to cheat the system in the past, plus all the millions of immigrants (that we don't want !) flooding in from Europe, as well as so-called 'asylum-seekers' from every failed nation in the world.

Us REAL Brits are treated like criminals now, when simply wishing to bring home the ones we love.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ...Us REAL Brits are treated like criminals now, when simply wishing to bring home the ones we love.
    When you explain this to those folks not 'in-the-know' they're totally stunned......without exception

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi Alexis. My wife submitted her spouse visa on 5th february at VFS GLOBAL MANILA, she too hasn't received her visa yet. I will let you know when she gets an email from VFS about her visa so you know roughly also when you will get your email too. Can you let me know when you visa is ready also too, in-case you receive your's first. My wife received the same email as yours on 6th february, so it's likely your visa and my visa will be issued a few days apart.

Thanks Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by phil148 View Post
    Hi Alexis. My wife submitted her spouse visa on 5th february at VFS GLOBAL MANILA, she too hasn't received her visa yet. I will let you know when she gets an email from VFS about her visa so you know roughly also when you will get your email too. Can you let me know when you visa is ready also too, in-case you receive your's first. My wife received the same email as yours on 6th february, so it's likely your visa and my visa will be issued a few days apart.

Thanks Philippe

No problem Philippe I'll let you know as soon as i receive an email. Fingers crossed!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi alexis. Just to let your know my wife received that email, YOUR VISA WILL BE DISPATCHED SHORTLY. may you will receive your email tomorrow or monday. The visa approval took 42 working days. Goodluck and goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by phil148 View Post
    Hi alexis. Just to let your know my wife received that email, YOUR VISA WILL BE DISPATCHED SHORTLY. may you will receive your email tomorrow or monday. The visa approval took 42 working days. Goodluck and goodbye.
    Congrats PHIlL!

Thread Information