Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Member
    No probs .

Anything to help others avoid falling into the clutches of these total scumbags.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    What a sad story. It's really a terrible thing to be so badly robbed by criminals who gained trust.
    Exactly..i know the feeling

Trusted Member
    Here is the reply I received from the British Embassy in Manila:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email addressed to the Policy, Projects and Communication section.

I am afraid that the British Embassy has neither the authority nor the means to confirm the legitimacy of any travel agency, company or private employer. We also cannot vouch for the authenticity of any document from private companies or even other government offices.

Please be reminded that Filipinos who wish to travel to the UK for any reason should know that all visa fees are paid in the Philippines, not in the UK. All UK visa applications for Filipinos are lodged at the local Visa Facilitation Centre in Makati City, Philippines. If your prospective employer asks you to send money overseas for visa processing or work permit, please exercise caution as this is a possible indicator of scam.

More information about working in the UK can be found at the UK Visas and Immigration website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

Here is the reply I received from the British Embassy in Manila:

I am afraid that the British Embassy has neither the authority nor the means to confirm the legitimacy of any travel agency, company or private employer. We also cannot vouch for the authenticity of any document from private companies or even other government offices.

Please be reminded that Filipinos who wish to travel to the UK for any reason should know that all visa fees are paid in the Philippines, not in the UK. All UK visa applications for Filipinos are lodged at the local Visa Facilitation Centre in Makati City, Philippines. If your prospective employer asks you to send money overseas for visa processing or work permit, please exercise caution as this is a possible indicator of scam.
    Hmm... ... these paragraphs certainly "speak for themselves", as to the correct (indeed, the only) legitimate means of applying for overseas visas, Graham ...

Accordingly, I've made this thread a 'Sticky' for future reference, and given you some well~deserved rep for your efforts.

Trusted Member
    Thanks very much Arthur...on both counts.

If only one person can be warned off...worthwhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information