Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hahahaha...I don't think Keith has ever been insecure! He doesn't care whatever others are saying about him.
    well he should care because he keeps giving race tips for horses with 3 legs

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    well he should care because he keeps giving race tips for horses with 3 legs
    Hahaha...well as long as the members of his other forum are paying monthly, then it's good for him.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    15 years older and no assets ? I think you should trade him in for a newer model Rayna
    ing aside though, Brian ... the difference in ages between Rayna and Keith is the same as it is with Myrna and I.

Having taught Agriculture to 4th Year Agronomy students at Panabo National High School in Davao del Norte Province, Mindanao for nearly quarter of a century - latterly as a Grade 3 (Senior) Teacher - Myrna held down a good, secure, very well-paid job for life had she chosen to remain there until retirement.

Instead - again, like Rayna - she gave up all the "trappings" that surely would've guaranteed her a lucrative future ... in order to marry the man she D ... an ... a retired Local Government clerk with ... well ... ... to be honest ... ... precious little to offer financially and emigrated to a strange land on the far side of the world.

But she's HAPPY ... I'm HAPPY ... AND, I'll wager, Keith, Rayna - and many, many Fil~Brit couples besides - are ALL perfectly HAPPY too, in spite of what the saddos who would have you believe otherwise, might insist!

Btw ... I'm not getting at you, (I know you and your girlfriend are both blissfully content also! ) nor, indeed, anyone in particular ... I'm just responding to your !

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Hahahaha...I don't think Keith has ever been insecure! He doesn't care whatever others are saying about him.
    I agree with that, in fact my fiancé also taught me not to care about what other people say. Whenever we walk here in the Philippines, I was very conscious and shy when we first met, not really to him but to the people who have been staring us. And MIGHT be thinking that I am a slag, lol. (Good thing I don't wear sexy clothes) so there, now I don't really care about what other people say, I don't mind. That's the good thing about British people

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ing aside though, Brian ... the difference in ages between Rayna & Keith is the same as it is with Myrna and I.

Having taught Agriculture to 4th Year Agronomy students at Panabo National High School in Davao del Norte Province Mindanao for nearly quarter of a century - latterly as a Grade 3 (Senior) Teacher - Myrna held down a good, secure, very well-paid job for life had she chosen to remain there until retirement.

Instead - again, like Rayna - she gave up all the "trappings" that would've guaranteed her a lucrative future ... in order to marry the man she D ... an ... a retired Local Government clerk with ... well ... ... to be honest ... ... precious little to offer financially, and emigrated to a strange land on the other side of the world.

But she's HAPPY ... I'm HAPPY ... AND, I'll wager, Keith, Rayna - and many, many Fil~Brit couples besides - are perfectly HAPPY too, in spite of what the saddos who believe otherwise might insist!

Btw ... I'm not getting at you (I know you and your girlfriend are both blissfully content also! ) nor, indeed, anyone in particular ... I'm just responding to your !
    lol Don,t worry i,m thick skinned. The sad thing is age difference can be a problem for some couples - others not so - everyone to their own.

People tend to stare at people who don,t seem normal - it,s human nature, it's how you react to it is the key. It,s of no one,s business how you go about your life, you only have one life, so live it your way.

Both my previous long term partners were older than me, so I done a swap this time and loving every minute of it hahaha. I did tell her that i,m worth more to her alive than dead hahahaha, just to put my mind at rest.

A few members have jumped on the bandwagon and said get rid. Well, i,m afraid i,m in that camp also. In my opinion, a leopard never changes its spots, so hanging on and prolonging the agony is just a waste of time. You should never stay together for the sake of the kids in my view.

The only thing that went wrong here, was the fact that he did,nt suss her out before he married her and that might have saved all this aggro that,s going on now.

We all get married hoping its for life and sickness n health and all that, but the sad reality shows up in the statistics that there is a very high possibility that it will end in tears.

But, I will say this about our lovely fillipinas, I do wish I had married one decades ago that,s for sure. At least this one tells me she loves me many times a day

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ing aside though, Brian ... the difference in ages between Rayna & Keith is the same as it is with Myrna and I.

Having taught Agriculture to 4th Year Agronomy students at Panabo National High School in Davao del Norte Province, Mindanao for nearly quarter of a century - latterly as a Grade 3 (Senior) Teacher - Myrna held down a good, secure, very well-paid job for life had she chosen to remain there until retirement.

Instead - again, like Rayna - she gave up all the "trappings" that surely would've guaranteed her a lucrative future ... in order to marry the man she D ... an ... a retired Local Government clerk with ... well ... ... to be honest ... ... precious little to offer financially, and emigrated to a strange land on the far side of the world.

But she's HAPPY ... I'm HAPPY ... AND, I'll wager, Keith, Rayna - and many, many Fil~Brit couples are perfectly HAPPY too - in spite of what the saddos who would have you believe otherwise, insist!

Btw ... I'm not getting at you (I know you and your girlfriend are both blissfully content also! ) nor, indeed, anyone in particular ... I'm just responding to your !
    Most Asian/ white western married couples are happy Arthur. .the stats prove that without doubt.

The British/ British are only half happy. .like Mark said, 50% of those marriages go to the wall.

I don't think it's fair to call the realists saddos. No harm in pointing out the possible pitfalls if you happen to marry a duffer.

No one is writing off the Filipinas. .far from it ...you just have to choose wisely, especially like most of us who's done their selecting on dating sites.

Most haven't got a problem their wives sending home their own hard earned money. ...very admirable

I wonder if they're think the same when they have to work into their retirement, possibly until they drop 'cause you've been the soul captain and deckhand keeping the ship afloat

Just a thought

Banned
    As long as I'm not starving (fridge and cupboard is overflowing actually) and have a roof on top of me, plus a little bit of luxury sometimes (dining out, holiday, gadgets, heating in the house is 20C above the whole year, etc.)

do you live in the real world--??? thousands of families in this country can only dream of such luxuries

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    I agree with that, in fact my fiancé also taught me not to care about what other people say. Whenever we walk here in the Philippines, I was very conscious and shy when we first met, not really to him but to the people who have been staring us. And MIGHT be thinking that I am a slag, lol. (Good thing I don't wear sexy clothes) so there, now I don't really care about what other people say, I don't mind. That's the good thing about British people
    Hahaha..I think if other people will have an argument/debate with Keith, they will be the first one to surrender. Keith really doesn't give a S*** what others think of him. You will not know if what he's saying is to just annoy you or if he actually means it. If someone winds him up, expect the other person would get wind up in the end. He's worse than a drunk person! I'm actually surprised I've managed to stay sane being with him 24/7 for more than 2 years!

Okay end with being off topic.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    As long as I'm not starving (fridge and cupboard is overflowing actually) and have a roof on top of me, plus a little bit of luxury sometimes (dining out, holiday, gadgets, heating in the house is 20C above the whole year, etc.)

do you live in the real world--??? thousands of families in this country can only dream of such luxuries
    So do we have to starve to be in the real world? Do we have to get cold to be in the real world? Do we have to not have any house to live in to be in the real world. What we have is what we call our priorities (food, house, clothes, heating) so we put our money on that. We live in the real world. We don't spend on things we will never need. We don't drink and smoke either so no money wasted on such habits. The only holiday we had for two and a half years that I've been here in the UK is our holiday in the Philippines last November. I think if you plan things accordingly with the money you have, then you can have luxuries that you want, which what we are doing.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinent View Post
    I will send someone around to explain it. Just get on with reading the Daily Sport.
    You're on 'ignore' . Fool.

Yes, that means I no longer have to read the insulting and ****-stirring rubbish you've posted on this thread, or any other.

Hi takenoprisoners! Sorry about your plight. I can only advise you to sit with your wife and discuss about her unpleasant attitude. She probably needs a reality check and look back where she came from. If she wants more, she better be working harder shouldn't she? Don't lose faith, give her chance and, if it doesn't work, get rid of her.

About your question, No not at all. I guess it depends on someone's upbringing. Either way, I wish you and your wife can sort things out for the sake of your child. Hugs!

Banned
    So do we have to starve to be in the real world? Do we have to get cold to be in the real world? Do we have to not have any house to live in to be in the real world. What we have is what we call our priorities (food, house, clothes, heating) so we put our money on that. We live in the real world. We don't spend on things we will never need. We don't drink and smoke either so no money wasted on such habits. The only holiday we had for two and a half years that I've been here in the UK is our holiday in the Philippines last November. I think if you plan things accordingly with the money you have, then you can have luxuries that you want, which what we are doing.
    Oh--well that's me put right then. Obviously got things wrong somewhere.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    So you would marry an old western man with no assets? Come on, let's have a reality check here.
    Well, I've no assets and my wife and I are very happy together; also the age gap is 43 years!

Exactly right Rayna, well said!

So you would marry an old western man with no assets? Come on, let's have a reality check here.
    young or old, westerner or not...it is always better to marry a man with financial stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Espie View Post
    Hi takenoprisoners! Sorry about your plight. I can only advice you to sit with your wife and discuss about her unpleasant attitude. She probably needs a reality check and look back where she came from. If she wants more, she better be working harder doesn't she? Don't loose faith, give her chance if it dint work, get rid of her.

About your question, No not at all. I guess it depends on someone's upbringing. Either way, I wish you and your wife can sort things out for the sake of your child. Hugs!
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Takenoprisoners View Post
    Thanks for all you replies, Of course there are always two sides to every story.... but her's is the same as mine.... No point in me lying.... She was deprived of most things as a kid, never even had a doll, no electric till she was 8yrs old..lived in the hills with her large family... anyway thanks again
    You know exactly where she is coming from...why she wants this and that. She wants to fill that part of her life from when she was a kid.

It's common to a person - regardless of race - to want the things they've never had or experienced.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malditako View Post
    young or old, westerner or not...it is always better to marry a man with financial stability.
    Always better to marry a woman with financial stability. Someone who's your equal

Banned
    You know exactly where she is coming from...why she wants this and that. She wants to fill that part of her life from when she was a kid.

It's common to a person - regardless of race - to want the things they never had or experienced.
    And to hell with the man who took her from that hellhole ...sounds fair to me malditako.

You cannot help who you fall in love with, just make every day the best it can be. Who knows when it may end

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    And to hell with the man who took her from that hellhole ...sounds fair to me malditako.
    what makes you say that it's a hellhole where she came from...you can never be sure

Banned
    You've misinterpreted what bigmac meant

The luxuries you are talking about are not what we had when we were kids. .60s Britain wasn't what it is now. The likes of us have never had it so good.

Neither of my Filipino wives had seen full refrigerators before on a daily basis. .something some on here take for granted.

The Real world is the poverty stricken world. We in the United Kingdom are the lucky ones. The small minority.

Not a day passes when I don't thank my maker for such blessings

Always better to marry a woman with financial stability. Someone who's your equal
    thats will not work for me...I always settle for one step higher than mine that's my standard

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Yes. Next question?
    Do you have a certain dislike against filipinas or women in general - especially those that are younger than yourself?

Have you had a bad relationship, so this is your opinion of them or is it just a general opinion?

Just asking...

Banned
    what makes you say that it's a hellhole where she came from...you can never be sure
    It couldn't have been that clever. .otherwise she wouldn't be raping and pillaging (metaphorically speaking) her husband's assets. ....if you get my drift

Banned
    thats will not work for me...i always settle with one step higher than mine thats my standard
    Snap. ...me too

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

My husband is 15 years older than me and has no assets, i.e. house (renting from housing association), savings (money is enough for all our needs and need to work extra so we can go on holidays), and car (he has Motability from RAF). He has his own company to run his websites though and gets War pension and DLA. If he dies, the only thing I can get from him is the pension. His online business, I don't know how to run it and he says he will sell it when he can't do it anymore.

Do I mind that? No. Does that worry me? No. I even told him I don't care about his pension because I can choose to go back in the Philippines where I have my own house and a bit of savings from working in the past. I also have my SSS pension which I'm still paying. My sister has a business which she has always been willing for us relatives to get involved in (she even asked my aunts who are OFWs to go home and just work with her). My siblings actually always tell me that I have more money when I was in the Philippines.

You see, marriage and relationships doesn't have to be having plenty of money and assets. Finding someone you love is not always having the other person have money more than you need. As long as I'm not starving (fridge and cupboard is overflowing actually) and have a roof on top of me, plus a little bit of luxury sometimes (dining out, holiday, gadgets, heating in the house is 20C above the whole year, etc.), then who says being married to my older husband is doomed without him having the assets that the others here have? I met my husband and fell in love with him not because he may have money to give me and my family. As long as he is a good provider for the both of us then good. It's only a matter of being content on what you have and understanding all your and your partner's limits .
    Rayna's an example to a true Filipina, Keith is certainly one lucky guy...

You've misinterpreted what bigmac meant

The luxuries you are talking about are not what we had when we were kids. .60s Britain wasn't what it is now. The likes of us have never had it so good.

Neither of my Filipino wives had seen full refrigerators before on a daily basis. .something some on here take for granted.

The Real world is the poverty stricken world. We in the United Kingdom are the lucky ones. The small minority.

Not a day passes when I don't thank my maker for such blessings
    I'm just replying to what he replied on my post the way I understand it. Interpreting it more than what I understand about what he wrote just makes things more complicated. I'm not a mind reader so unless he or other posters make it clearer, then how would you expect someone to respond correctly?
    -=rayna.keith=-

It couldn't have been that clever. .otherwise she wouldn't be raping and pillaging (metaphorically speaking) her husband's assets. ....if you get my drift
    not having material things means its a hellhole...if u also get my drift?...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Rayna's an example to a true Filipina, Keith is certainly one lucky guy...
    Thanks Mark. I've just learned from my parents and my grandparents. Trust me, we don't have riches back home, but I've seen how they are when it comes to their marriages. Money is a problem most of the time, but it didn't become a reason for them to fall apart, they are still very sweet to each other up to now. My dad has always been a provider, but when he lost his job at the age of 40+ or so, my mum took the lead. They both managed to give all of us a very good education and a nice life despite all the money problems.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Thread Information