Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks for all you replies, Of course there are always two sides to every story.... but her's is the same as mine.... No point in me lying.... She was deprived of most things as a kid, never even had a doll, no electric till she was 8yrs old..lived in the hills with her large family... anyway thanks again

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Takenoprisoners View Post
    Thanks for all you replies, Of course there are always two sides to every story.... but her's is the same as mine.... No point in me lying.... She was deprived of most things as a kid, never even had a doll, no electric till she was 8yrs old..lived in the hills with her large family... anyway thanks again
    You have my thoughts and sympathy mate. It's a choker. ..mine had a similar upbringing. ...too many siblings, not enough food. It's doesn't give them the right to ride roughshod over all and sundry....especially to the likes of us who's took them out of that dire situation. I will add. .my wife got a sister. .she's solid gold. .an absolute diamond. All becoz someone's come from an impoverished background doesn't mean they are going to be your worst nightmare.

I won't be taking that chance again though.

just think.. There is no gain without pain and no glory without a story. Nothing good comes easy, just keep your eye on the brighter picture and forget the negatives.
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

won't be taking that chance again though.
    thought we are heading there my luvs

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    just think.. There is no gain without pain and no glory without a story. Nothing good comes easy, just keep your eye on the brighter picture and forget the negatives.
    ...and hide yer wallet !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ...and hide yer wallet !

Banned
    Wise words Moy....as the song goes, always look on the bright side of life. ...never mind the fact she's trying to get him to take out more life cover on top of 2 existing policies I for sure would be sleeping with one eye open and a blade in my right hand. ..just in case

Always be prepared. ..that's my advice

Banned
    thought we are heading there my luvs
    We are. ..aren't we? I was on about someone from the same neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Wise words Moy....as the song goes, always look on the bright side of life. ...never mind the fact she's trying to get him to take out more life cover on top of 2 existing policies I for sure would be sleeping with one eye open and a blade in my right hand. ..just in case

Always be prepared. ..that's my advice
    very simple my friend just always think Don't make someone your everything. If they leave, you'll have nothing.

We are. ..aren't we? I was on about someone from the same neck of the woods.
    but just remember Relationships are stronger when you're best friends first, and a couple second.

Banned
    very simple my friend just always think Don't make someone your everything. If they leave, you'll have nothing.
    Surely that's what marriage is about . .you give everything. .your heart your soul. Well it is where I was brought up

Trusted Member
    'Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all'.

Surely that's what marriage is about . .you give everything. .your heart your soul. Well it is where I was brought up

Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone. im here you cant stop living...you have to go on .... no matter how painful is..
    lets face it...you cannot live on past..you have to make way for better future..

Banned
    Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone. im here you cant stop living...you have to go on .... no matter how painful is..
    lets face it...you cannot live on past..you have to make way for better future..
    You've lost me Moy ??

I don't think for one minute your husband would appreciate me muscling in on his action

Just a thought

Trusted Member
    Me and my ex lived happily for 22 years....then we met.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

I don't really want to offend any body here but what I can advise especially to those foreign men who are looking for love, I am not pertaining just to filipinas but for any women. If I were a man and seeking for a woman, these will be the common red flags for me:

If a woman starts talking about:

Poverty in her country
    Poverty in her family
    family problems
    how hard to earn money

Anything about financial. I am not saying that you should leave your prospected contact but take time to know her MORE. Investigate, it is very easy to investigate about someone nowadays, and actually I believe that you will really feel if your contact is making up stories and just trying to fool you. One just have to be aware, and be cautious, it won't harm you. better be a hard to get than to have regrets

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    So true!!. ....I should have found someone like you
    Oh yeah. You should have looked for someone who can pay your hotel fees when you are here!

Trusted Member
    Perhaps it would also be wise for Filipinas to be as careful when choosing their prospective life partner.

Most seem to make very little effort in investigating the man's life...past and present, or the true facts about his country and culture.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    I don't really want to offend any body here but what I can advise especially to those foreign men who are looking for love, I am not pertaining just to filipinas but for any women. If I were a man and seeking for a woman, these will be the common red flags for me:

If a woman starts talking about:

Poverty in her country
    Poverty in her family
    family problems
    how hard to earn money

Anything about financial. I am not saying that you should leave your prospected contact but take time to know her MORE. Investigate, it is very easy to investigate about someone nowadays, and actually I believe that you will really feel if your contact is making up stories and just trying to fool you. One just have to be aware, and be cautious, it won't harm you. better be a hard to get than to have regrets
    A wise post. The difficulty with many men is that when a pretty woman walks in the front door their common sense leaves by the back door. There are FAR more gold-diggers about than anyone gives credit for. If there is a large age gap in a relationship that should be an immediate red flag. Guys should be asking "what does this woman really see in me?" I know it is hurtful to face reality sometimes but the painful truth is that she is seeing past your age and looks and is simply eyeing up your wallet and other assets. There is no such fool as an old fool. Have a good day.

Trusted Member
    "what does this woman really see in me?"

I ask my girlfriend that ALL the time.

She just tells me off about it.

Some girls really DO like stupid, grumpy, tight-fisted old men I guess.

Respected Member
    "what does this woman really see in me?"

I ask my girlfriend that ALL the time.

She just tells me off about it.

Some girls really DO like stupid, grumpy, tight-fisted old men I guess.
    Never underestimate the power of self-delusion.

Trusted Member
    Meaning ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinent View Post
    A wise post. The difficulty with many men is that when a pretty woman walks in the front door their common sense leaves by the back door. There are FAR more gold-diggers about than anyone gives credit for. If there is a large age gap in a relationship that should be an immediate red flag. Guys should be asking "what does this woman really see in me?" I know it is hurtful to face reality sometimes but the painful truth is that she is seeing past your age and looks and is simply eyeing up your wallet and other assets. There is no such fool as an old fool. Have a good day.
    very fair comment.

i'm 23 years older than mine. she told me very early on at the start of the relationship she was looking for a UK husband--so she could settle here ( she was here on a student visa at the time ). --i ran a thread on here about it when i first joined. comments about "marriage of convenience " were uttered.---but--arent they all--?

but that was nearly 2 & 1/2 years ago now. we were then apart nearly a year. i am helping her out financially--but its what we agreed and didnt set alarm bells ringing.--or break the bank.

the way i look at it--under the new regs she will have to put up with me for 5 years once she gets in with a fiancee visa.--hopefully later this year.

only then will we know for certain. i think its a risk worth taking. shes in a different league to any UK women ive ever met.

Banned
    Again as some will say, there's no data for this but it doesn't take a genius to work out why a guy gets thousands of emails and interests from the likes of the third world dating sites and only a small fraction of that amount on our home grown sites like match and what have you.
    You just gotta have your eyes wide open to find the genuine.

No offence to anyone here xx

Respected Member
    Meaning ?
    Do you need a picture?

Respected Member
    Again as some will say, there's no data for this but it doesn't take a genius to work out why a guy gets thousands of emails and interests on the likes of the third world country dating sites and a small fraction of that amount on our home grown sites like match and what have you.
    You just gotta have your eyes wide open to find the genuine.

No offence to anyone here xx
    This is a poster who understands the world.

When a young Filipina meets an old western guy then romance becomes a transaction. Anyone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with reality will figure this out. But for those who believe they have found true love? - well there are none so blind as those who do not wish to see. Have a good day.
    "What if this is as good as it gets?"

Banned

When a young Filipina meets an old western guy then romance becomes a transaction. Anyone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with reality will figure this out. But for those who believe they have found true love? - well there is none so blind as those who do not wish to see. Have a good day.
    #

yep

When a young Filipina meets an old western guy then romance becomes a transaction. Anyone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with reality will figure this out. But for those who believe they have found true love? - well there is none so blind as those who do not wish to see. Have a good day.
    That's a bit harsh not all filipinas are like this. My wife certainly is not she works very hard for her own money, as im sure many members wives work hard as well, so I'm sure all filipinas are not after handouts

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

You've lost me Moy ??

I don't think for one minute your husband would appreciate me muscling in on his action

Just a thought
    completely you got me wrong my dear amigos gwapos I'm not flirt, all I'm doing is pointing out your beautiful features

talking out your ,

Thread Information