Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Trusted Member
    Dammit Moy...sounds like we would have made an ideal couple.

Ah well...too late now.

That only thing that a i ask for in life is health before wealth & of course my mahals love

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Dammit Moy...sounds like we would have made an ideal couple.

Ah well...too late now.
    Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too...
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Trusted Member
    Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Duly noted.
    My first name and your last name would sound great together
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Trusted Member
    What ...Moyw48 ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Takenoprisoners View Post
    I brought my wife of 3yrs to this country in 2010, but for the past 2yrs all I get is moan moan moan about how she wants to have money sent home, how she wants money sent to Phils bank for business venture, how she wants a house built there too, also wants to be a British Citizen, wants money all the time, I am many years older than her, but she just seems to want to prepare for when I am dead.

Life here is not her happiness, it's all about making sure she is wealthy when I am dead. I don't have masses of money, I have taken out 2 life insurances for her for when I die, she says its not enough... I bought her land in Phils before we left, but she always wants to build on it, and build her mum a house too, and in process of building that now. No matter how much I spend on her its never ever enough...

We have a small child, if it wasn't for him I would get rid of her.... am I alone in this scenario or are there others out there like this???
    You are not alone mate ....I haven't read any of your replies either. I've been put through the mill, in fact I'm still being dragged through it. Before it did a runner wd my babies she was forever on the squeeze..she did get the British Citizenship out of me as well as a shiny new British passport, not to mention settin up certain family members over there..when she had every last drop out of me, that was it..Gone

This is my own personal experience of 2 Filipina wives
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....leave-our-home

Many have joined here over the years since I've been a member and many have disappeared for whatever reason.

There is no data for this so we really don't know the figures. I wish more of us who's been sold down the river would speak up. Our foolishness in falling for the harlots we did, doesn't make the act excusable

Just my humble opinion folks ;-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    That only thing that a i ask for in life is health before wealth & of course my mahals love
    I remember a guy at work a few years back bragging how he's paid off his mortgage and how he and his wife can retire while being only 56..he even looked down his nose at me coz i left my first wife and started again with Gemma, my first Filipina wife..He couldnt understand why i didn't forgive her for her cheating...'you lost that lovely house of yours blah blah blah'

He died 3 years back with lung cancer aged 60

Without health, you have nothing

Trusted Member
    Very true. I've lost a few well-off friends this past few years...most well under 60.

Sorry to read your story particularly as you have a young child.
    Think Graham's post is probably a good suggestion and one you would be wise to consider.

Don't forget you fell in love with her and have had a child together so it's worth putting the effort in to work things out.

I wish you both well

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander01 View Post
    Believe me , Filipinas have no monopoly in spending money - try a British wife....
    My British wife was mustard at looking after the money ...the only trouble she had was her knicker elastic kept breaking

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post

Don't forget you fell in love with her and have had a child together so it's worth putting the effort in to work things out.
    ... excellent advice!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I wish you both well
    ... as do I.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... excellent advice!

... as do I.
    Many thanks for the Rep Arthur it's appreciated

Respected Member
    Is it correct to advise someone to leave his wife and child based on a short few words on the internet, all from the comfort of our armchairs no less, without at least advising him to try and bring some level of understanding in their relationship.

I still believe that its quite possible that they both have deluded expectations, perhaps she comes from a poorer family and believes that her husband has an unlimited pot of gold. At least the possibility of trying to talk between one another and figure out, the money is limitless.

All couples talk about money, all couples have their fair share of disputes over it at one time or another, but I am sure most of the problems arise from misunderstandings because of lack of openness. Also, of course one person has to be stronger with the 'purse strings' but they need to help the other person understand why.

Perhaps the OP believes that if he stops giving the money then she will leave and that's why he has continued to keep handing over the money, but that's not a way to continue a relationship and all I say for the sake of the child is at least try and understand each other before completely giving up. Try to be open about what you've got and what will happen if you spend it all now.

Also, my wife sends money to the Philippines, as do many people here, but she tends to send a very small amount and this did cause her to be a little unpopular with the extended family, but her belief is that she is only responsible for her mother and that's it. That's her choice, not mine.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    You asked for opinions so I will be giving one.

I must say that the woman you married is an insecure, selfish and perhaps has a deprivation history from her childhood. Me personally always have an awkward feeling whenever my boyfriend sends me money because I know the stigma, and she looks like she doesn't even care. How did you tolerate that kind of attitude? You are really strong to be honest. In my point of view, she thinks that you're an ATM which is painful really.

What you can do is to cut her horns before she became a full time evil. And being wise, if you're securing your son's future, then you should know what to do. Do not ever let her do such things which will make you regret someday, she is selfish.

Banned
    at least--under the new rules--we have a 5 year probation period. any behaviour like the OP has suffered--and its a case of

RETURN TO SENDER

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    the wife earns a £100 a week--if she sent all that home--how far will it go? call it 30,000 peso a month.

I recall reading on here builders labourers working for about £5 a day

I've really no idea about money in the filis---what does an "average" family live on a month ?
    Some of them on what you would earn in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I remember a guy at work a few years back bragging how he's paid off his mortgage and how he and his wife can retire while being only 56..he even looked down his nose at me coz i left my first wife and started again with Gemma, my first Filipina wife..He couldnt understand why i didn't forgive her for her cheating...'you lost that lovely house of yours blah blah blah'

He died 3 years back with lung cancer aged 60

Without health, you have nothing
    I've experienced those kind of people Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    i must say stevewool that the greatest wealth is to live content with little, for there is never want where the mind is satisfied.
    Nice one Moy!

Respected Member
    Why don't you thwart her very obvious plan and divorce this grasping woman? Then she would not be your widow when you die and would not be entitled to spousal succession rights. It strikes me that you are a giver. If you cast her adrift then at least you might have the chance to seek some happiness with a lady who is not a leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Some of them on what you would earn in a day!
    Some even less!!
    A general labourer earns 200.00 Pesos a day here..Slightly over 50 Quid a month! Crazy but true.

To be honest.. I think there is far too much final judgement on here with only one side of the story being told!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    To be honest.. I think there is far too much final judgement on here with only one side of the story being told!!
    , Fred ... there're (usually) two sides to every story in my experience!

Trusted Member
    Very true.

Banned
    at least--under the new rules--we have a 5 year probation period. any behaviour like the OP has suffered--and its a case of

RETURN TO SENDER
    The difficulties arise when children come on scene. ...emotionally, they have you by the knackers. ..excuse my french but, it's the truth and they know it.

The OP said himself that if it weren't for the boy he'd give her the heave Ho

I also think it's gone past the relate business. ...remember she's on about getting set up financially before he dies

He's already set up 2 life insurance policies and she's still not happy with that. Also remember 2 years ago when the OP was on about the cost visas etc. ..he's not rich! He said himself that everything is geared up for when he's gone. ..not for their future. Goodness me! !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinent View Post
    Why don't you thwart her very obvious plan and divorce this grasping woman? Then she would not be your widow when you die and would not be entitled to spousal succession rights. It strikes me that you are a giver. If you cast her adrift then at least you might have the chance to seek some happiness with a lady who is not a leech.
    The woman scoops the lot. .including the house . ..don't forget she's got her life long meal ticket, his son. With what's left of his meagre disposable income, she will trouser that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    You asked for opinions so I will be giving one.

I must say that the woman you married is an insecure, selfish and perhaps has a deprivation history from her childhood. Me personally always have an awkward feeling whenever my boyfriend sends me money because I know the stigma, and she looks like she doesn't even care. How did you tolerate that kind of attitude? You are really strong to be honest. In my point of view, she thinks that you're an ATM which is painful really.

What you can do is to cut her horns before she became a full time evil. And being wise, if you're securing your son's future, then you should know what to do. Do not ever let her do such things which will make you regret someday, she is selfish.
    So true!!. ....I should have found someone like you

Trusted Member
    I really don't want to comment on this thread, where to be honest, we have very limited information from only one of the partners...not that I'm doubting his word.

What we could all do to think about though, for those who are in the early stages of their relationships, is the importance of taking the time to really get to KNOW your partner, and for each to examine the motivations of the other in the cold light of day.

Being in love/lust with (especially based on one or two brief holidays together), and bringing your lady here does not mean all will be sweetness and light.

Banned
    i just wonder what she would do if he gave her the sack. where was the child born ?

if they split--and the child is a UK subject--what chance of dad getting custody ?

i still think the OP holds the whip hand--if he has the bottle.

Banned
    i just wonder what she would do if he gave her the sack. where was the child born ?

if they split--and the child is a UK subject--what chance of dad getting custody ?

i still think the OP holds the whip hand--if he has the bottle.
    She came here 2010. ...if ILRs aren't being dished out until after 5yrs

I think she'd be granted coz of their son but, I remember a Philippine nurse in Swindon who gave birth and died. ..the filipino husband had to go back the the Philippines even though their child was born a British Citizen. That was around 2006.

If it were me, I'd put up with her nonsense purely for the child and hope above hope Karma runs her down. I'm in a similar situation so it's all fresh this stuff for me.

Thread Information