Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    This must be a truly horrible situation to be in, my sympathies about our rules and regulations and my congratulations on your up coming new addition to the family.
    Do you get on well with your doctor? You must have had 2 scans by now, and are due for your third in a few weeks. I'd be asking your doctors advise as well as a solicitor.
    Your father to be's family are burying they head in the sand and hoping the immigration problem will go away, the longer they keep their heads buried the bigger the problem will get. As with all things in life, if there's a problem then tackle head on before it gets out of control.
    I wish you all the best
    Thanks Simon,

Midwife was really nice though of course it's not their responsibility to inform me that I need to pay in the end
    I'm done with my 2nd scan few weeks back then will have my glucose tolerance test next week.

You're right they are furious with the fact how immigration works but I think the best way out is to avoid issues is to follow the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ssanjuan View Post
    Everyone's view was great and I am taking everything into consideration.

That's right tiger it is really hard for us specially for him to understand everything 'cause my boyfriend is on his early 20 and don't wanna be bother by the immigration rules and regulations you guys have here.

There's a chance of a long time apart for us if I go back home 'cause he doesn't meet the financial requirement for me to apply a fiance visa. He jut recently started working and the required amount I way too high.

I am very glad though with the support we're getting from his parent. I am well loved and so grateful to be with the family where I was treated as their own.
    Well, he will have to confront Immigration Rules at some point That,s why you must seek an expert immigration lawyer to look at all the avenues. They may find a loophole in the law, it,s not about advising to break the laws it,s about finding a legal loophole if there is one that,s all i,m going to say. It,s even more desperate situation now that you mentioned finances won,t qualify you. Maybe your boyfriend,s family will help you financially to pay for a lawyer because it sounds like they don,t want you to leave, so ask them for help.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    With all due respect, the 'daddy's' family are being naive and selfish.

You need to book a flight back to the Phils ASAP !
    They are not being selfish, they always asked me what I want to do and and will always respect my decision. But it's really hard for me to decide because it is not easy being pregnant - especially being away from someone you expect to be with you in the birthing room.

And I understand that going back home is the only option I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Well, he will have to confront Immigration Rules at some point. That,s why you must seek an expert immigration lawyer to look at all the avenues. They may find a loophole in the law its not about advising to break the laws its about finding a legal loophole if there is one that,s all I,m going to say. It,s even more desperate situation now that you mentioned finances won,t qualify you. Maybe your boyfriend,s family will help you financially to pay for a lawyer because it sounds like they don,t want you to leave, so ask them for help.
    My boyfriend's mum sent an email to an MP to seek help and we have been given a contact for an immigration solicitor. But we haven't taken that action yet, and now I know we have to get it touch with the solicitor soon.

Respected Member
    Sorry to learn about your situation! You came here on a visit visa and, as far I know, visit visa holders ain't entitled to use the NHS. If you do, you start breaking the law! And that would affect your future visa application!

Just my opinion!

Just an update.

I gave birth last 4th of June to a beautiful baby girl.

Home Office granted me an extension of my visit visa last July and I used the form FLR (O) to apply. The visit visa is valid until 1st of September 2014, that was for £601. Tomorrow I will be going to the Post Office for another Biometrics for my application of Leave to remain as a parent with the form FLR (FP) also called as a family visa which is another £601. It will allow me to stay in the UK, work legally and bring my daughter as soon as possible.

The website www.gov.uk was great including my faith.

Just an update.

Home Office granted me an extension of my visit visa last July and I used the form FLR (O) to apply. The visit visa is valid until 1st of September 2014, that was for £601. Tomorrow I will be going to the post office for another Biometrics for my application of Leave to remain as a parent with the form FLR (FP) also called as a family visa which is another £601. It will allow me to stay in the UK, work legally and bring my daughter as soon as possible.

Good you're both ok and you're sorting your visa out..

When was the last time you lived with your daughter and who is taking care of her now?? Does the bio father still have contact?

Did you have to pay NHS fees? Reason is, I just saw this link today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-and-migrants
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    ssanjuan...thanks for getting back to us on this, congrats on the birth of your baby girl, and good luck to you.

I am pleased that you stayed and hope the outcome will be in your favour. If you had taken some of the others' advice on here you would have been separated for a long, long time!

Family immigration rules need to be changed to help people like yourselves.

At least you got out of that head-choppin' country safely.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Just an update.

Home Office granted me an extension of my visit visa last July and I used the form FLR (O) to apply. The visit visa is valid until 1st of September 2014, that was for £601. Tomorrow I will be going to the Post Office for another Biometrics for my application of Leave to remain as a parent with the form FLR (FP) also called as a family visa which is another £601. It will allow me to stay in the UK, work legally and bring my daughter as soon as possible.

Congratulations on the birth of your Daughter and good luck for the future!

Trusted Member
    I am pleased that you stayed and hope the outcome will be in your favour. If you had taken some of the others' advice on here you would have been separated for a long, long time!

Bit harsh mate.

Advice was asked on an internet forum, and replies given in good faith based on the facts presented.

The lady did the obvious and sensible thing by also inquiring of the actual authorities, either directly or through an intermediary.

If only more people did that straightaway instead of asking people down the pub etc...

Congratulations from me too! Pleased to learn all worked out satisfactorily for you in the end, and appreciate the update on your progress ...

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Bit harsh mate.

Advice was asked on an internet forum, and replies given in good faith based on the facts presented.

The lady did the obvious and sensible thing by also inquiring of the actual authorities, either directly or through an intermediary.

If only more people did that straightaway instead of asking people down the pub etc...

Rep on your way.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Mr. Sensible head on at the moment (it's early ).

Bit harsh mate.

The right advice is always go by the rules. This way is by no means straightforward. As a fiancée or spouse, the cost in visas is £601 for the FLR(O) - which was only valid for a few months - THEN £601 for the FLR(FP) which is valid for 2.5 yrs.

Also the cost of an immigration lawyer, also possible concerns about the NHS fees and coming on a VV while she was pregnant. How long she stated on her visit visa application she intended to stay for? All this will be probably be taken into consideration when they consider her FLR(FP) application.

But, on the plus side, her child is a British citizen so that will definitely go in her favour.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    the right advice is always go by the rules, this way is by no means straightforward as a fiancée or spouse visa...............But on the plus side her child is a British citizen so that will definitely go in her favour
    Yes, always follow the rules.
    And always check and double any advice shared in forums by reviewing the rules and all links provided.

It's too serious to follow 'in my opinion' advice.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this.

FLR(FP) is completely new.

Congrats on the birth of your baby girl

Good luck with your FLR(FP) process.

If you have the time please do share the experience

I just wonder how many of you in the same position would have sent your pregnant wife back to the Philippines - rules or no rules? Due to the harsh, unfair income rules, it may have been a long time for a reunion. The only way these rules will be changed is if people stand up and fight for equality and fairness to all. If that had been me, she would,nt be going anywhere without a fight.

Rant over.

Trusted Member
    I agree mate.

I certainly would have put up a fight too.

I agree mate.

I certainly would have put up a fight too.
    Secretly, if we are all real men, we all would.

I just wonder how many of you in the same position would have sent your pregnant wife back to the Philippines - rules or no rules? Due to the harsh, unfair income rules, it may have been a long time for a reunion. The only way these rules will be changed, is if people stand up and fight for equality and fairness to all. If that had been me, she would,nt be going anywhere without a fight.

Rant over.
    I don't think they are married

Anyway, some people in the past have managed to get their partner here on a visit visa and have tried to stay after the visa had expired. A child would make a big difference thou, but even so, would you really want the stress of wondering each day if your wife would be served with a deportation notice?

Imagine as months and even years, yes years, go by, what effect this would have mentally and physically on you both, as your application is finally refused. You appeal, your appeal is refused - and not to mention the cost - and your wife can't risk leaving the country.

Of course, some people will gain from 'frustrating' immigration rules, but I'm sure most would have found it less stressful - and cheaper - to have applied for the right visa, allowing them restful sleep at night

I just wonder how many of you in the same position would have sent your pregnant wife back to the Philippines - rules or no rules? Due to the harsh, unfair income rules, it may have been a long time for a reunion. The only way these rules will be changed is, if people stand up and fight for equality and fairness to all. If that had been me, she would,nt be going anywhere without a fight.

Rant over.
    The forum's stance is to always follow the rules. We would never advise going against the rules no matter what. If there are other legal ways to do it, then it's okay to give that option. I hope all the members here can understand that.

In this woman's case, the UKVI gave her an option to extend her current visit visa - costing her an extra £601 - lasting only until 1st September 2014 because of her current situation. This is on top of all the visa applications she needs to apply. And like what Joe said, it may or may not result in a discretion in the future.

If you or the others would advise any other person here going against the rules, you're better not giving any advice at all. Most of you here complain about illegal immigrants, so why would you tell another person here to go against what the rules say and have more problems in the future? The good thing with this lady is she managed to get a visit visa extension and was able to give birth.

To Ssanjuan: Have you already taken an English test? I believe it's a requirement in your application for FLR(FP) as a Parent if you are taking the 5 year route. The 10 year route doesn't require it though.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

rayna keith would not have put you on that plane either if that was you .nobody is saying break the immigration laws I am saying fight them ,its better to fight them in the u.k rather than in the philippines don,t you agree ?.If you got sent back keith would be able to get you back again due to his war pension exception from income rules correct ? 2 thirds of british people don,t even earn 18,600 a year which shows you how unfair the system is .and yes you are correct about our complaining about ileagle immigrants but the ones that arrive on the back of lorries with no papers and no back ground checks etc etc are the target of our complaints .my gripe is just because we marry someone outside the E.U that we are unfairly targeted .

I wouldn't know what Keith would do. Although Keith has always followed the rules when it comes to matters like these, i.e. visas, his benefits, war pension, etc. But our stand is to always follow the rules. We would never plan on doing things outside the current rules or allow ourselves to be in a risky situation when we both know it may cause problems in the future.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Good you're both ok and you're sorting your visa out..

When was the last time you lived with your daughter and who is taking care of her now?? Does the bio father still have contact?

Did you have to pay NHS fees? Reason is, I just saw this link today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-and-migrants
    Thank you so much.

It was two years ago that I have lived with my daughter in the Philippines, she is currently taken care of by my parents. I visited her last September. Her bio father is visiting her once in 4 months probably but never received any support from him.

We didn't pay anything from NHS. Even after birth I went to a GP after a week for a check-up due to a local infection we always tells them that I just need to be check and it's fine it they're going to charge me. They always tells us that they will just let us know if we need to pay but never receive any bill until now.

I appreciate the link it will be helpful to others too.

Yes I did sent my English Test Certificate with all the required documents for FLR (FP).

i take it the father is named on her birth certificate ?
    you need to prove you have 'sole responsibility' , 2 yrs is a long time to be apart,but some people have lived apart more than that and still got the child a visa.

Thank you so much Tiger.

The Visa is really costly however we manage to get a free advice from a solicitor referred to us by an MP. The solicitor initially told us that FLR (O) can be swap without a fee for FLR (FP) after giving birth but we're not able to get back to him before sending the latter application.

I will get back with you guys once I have the result.

Thanks everyone.

i take it the father is named on her birth certificate ?
    you need to prove you have 'sole responsibility' , 2 yrs is a long time to be apart,but some people have lived apart more than that and still got the child a visa.
    Indeed joeblogg, I just sent an email to the Philippines Consulate requesting procedures and documentation needed for my daughter since she's illegitimate but acknowledge by her father.

It's quite heartbreaking but in due time everything will be okay. I am positive and will not be breaking any rules.

Thank you.

Indeed joeblogg, I just sent an email to the Philippines Consulate requesting procedures and documentation needed for my daughter since she's illegitimate but acknowledge by her father.

It's quite heartbreaking but in due time everything will be okay. I am positive and will not be breaking any rules.

Thank you.
    sole responsibility is not the same as sole custody, you need to search on here or google what 'sole responsibility' is.

your daughter having contact with her bio father and you being away for 2 years could cause you problems with proving you have 'sole responsibility' so make sure you get as much evidence to show you have 'sole responsibility' and not your parents or her bio father.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information