Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Britain's biggest mobile phone company EE is moving 1,000 jobs back to the UK

i was going to post this under the 12million unemployed in the phils thread, but I thought it warranted its own thread

looks like things might get worse if more UK companies move call centres back to the UK.

Customers became frustrated will calling India or Philippines

Under EE’s plan it will pull all customer service staff out of the Philippines, where it opened its call centre in early 2011, although it will still have offices in India and South Africa.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2u8iGbTRu
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    ....Wage costs in Asia have also risen on the back of emerging middle classes in the country, making it a less cut-price option than before....
    For a long time the outsourcing of this type of work has been farmed out to the lowest cost supplier..............not the sort of productive jobs needed by the Philippines for long term economic health, but good enough to pay relatively high salaries to large numbers of people.
    Mostly young and educated with good English Skills and a willingness to work long shift hours under a largely dog-eat-dog working regime.

Trusted Member
    Why on earth they would choose (usually unintelligible) Indians over Filipinos is beyond me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Why on earth they would choose (usually unintelligible) Indians over Filipinos is beyond me.
    Completely agree I hate talking to these Indians calling themselves Jonathon, Michael etc .

IMHO these companies should never have moved call centres outside UK in the first place but this is bad news for the Pinoys working for EE

Trusted Member
    The Filipinos (Virgin Mobile) are a delight to talk to...even if they're ringing to 'pester' me. AND they can do their job, because I was even persuaded to upgrade my phone (near miracle !).

The Indians I have to repeat myself and say pardon 50 times, and still have little idea what the hell they're talking about....usually end up putting the phone down.

Global Capitalism at it's worst. I bet there'll be bugger all in the way of redundancy payments to the Filipino workforce.

Thread Information