Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

‘I do not want to be separated from my husband’ - east Norfolk couple facing immigration battle

no comment

More than 400 people have signed a petition backing Newport couple Arlene and Stephen Watty in their struggle against deportation.

read more here .. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/i_do_not...ttle_1_3344441
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

maybe if she was some sort of criminal she could get legal aid and then win her case and after that sue the goverment for thousands, but hang about who has she murdered or raped or robbed, no one , bye bye then

Banned
    How did she marry on a student visa?

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    How did she marry on a student visa?
    easy you don't need a 'certificate of approval' from the HO, it was abolished in May 2011

but she should, or must return home to get entry clearance and apply for a settlement visa, just like everyone else on here
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Aint life great....until that bubble you were living in bursts.

Silly people.

i wonder how she is working full time, it looks like the only visa she has is an expired student visa, i wonder when it expired

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    easy you don't need a 'certificate of approval' from the HO, it was abolished in May 2011

but she should, or must return home to get entry clearance and apply for a settlement visa, just like everyone else on here
    So where has this 'years of red tape' appeared from
    They just apply for settlement just like most of us. ....unless they have a problem with the criteria. If it takes years, it's down to them

Banned
    I've just read the story. She looks good for 45. Definitely not a smoker
    She's done her husband proud.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    So where has this 'years of red tape' appeared from
    They just apply for settlement just like most of us. ....unless they have a problem with the criteria. If it takes years, it's down to them
    redtape and backlog, expired student visa, working full time
    “If I have to go back to the Philippines, it could take years for my application to be dealt with.

Trusted Member
    Hubby will soon settle into a Nipa hut in the province.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    maybe if she was some sort of criminal she could get legal aid and then win her case and after that sue the goverment for thousands, but hang about who has she murdered or raped or robbed, no one, bye bye then
    That's the problem, Steve ... ... she's not getting to "hang about" ... not in the UK, anyway!

Come on, Arlene - you give 'em laldy!

Trusted Member

Mind you, a couple of cars parked in the driveway ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hubby will soon settle into a Nipa hut in the province.
    I stuck it 3 weeks. ..I couldn't stand it a night longer The resident tuko was getting under my skin. ...

This one of the reasons others find it hard to get into the U.K the normal route by others abusing the system although it seems harsh but rules are rules we don,t all agree with them but they are there for a reason .If she had gone back to the philippines at the end of her visa they would,nt be in the mess they are in today.If this couple are allowed to stay it will encourage others to overstay their visas.I want my g,f to come too but I have to wait and save the money as I worked it out to be over 4 grand to get us all over money which I aint got right now as i,m finishing off my house.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    This one of the reasons others find it hard to get into the U.K the normal route by others abusing the system although it seems harsh but rules are rules we don,t all agree with them but they are there for a reason .If she had gone back to the philippines at the end of her visa they would,nt be in the mess they are in today.If this couple are allowed to stay it will encourage others to overstay their visas.I want my g,f to come too but I have to wait and save the money as I worked it out to be over 4 grand to get us all over money which I aint got right now as i,m finishing off my house.
    all the money they've spent on failed visa apps and solicitors etc,

but i wonder if she didn't go back because of the minimum income threshold as it looks like he was unemployed at the time and it might have taken him along time to get a job, and not because of 'backlogs in Manila' which I've never heard of

you have to go by the rules, she needs entry clearance something you don't get on a student visa and you need to pay for that which is alot more than a student visa

Sold out! Flights and buses full as Romanians and Bulgarians head for the UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531440/Sold-Flights-buses-Romanians-Bulgarians-head-UK.html

Rules is rules!!!

What a ....... joke!!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Am I missing something? I feel really sorry for them!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531440/Sold-Flights-buses-Romanians-Bulgarians-head-UK.html

Rules is rules!!!

What a ....... joke!!
    i think the joke is the daily mail
    One airline has even doubled number of flights to meet demand
    dedworth posted this link a while ago, it turns out the airline which has doubled its flights from 1 flight aweek to 2 flights aweek

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Am I missing something? I feel really sorry for them!
    I feel sorry for those who go by the rules and have to wait until they find a job, meet the minimum income threshold or wait for 6 months of bank statements\payslips etc..

Send her home, so she can do it the legal way like the rest of us here.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Send her home, so she can do it the legal way like the rest of us here.
    i'd be guessing she doesn't want to go home, because she would have to wait until her husband meets the minimum income threshold or until he can get the right papers\accounts etc from being self-employed

why else would she not go back, in less than a couple of months she could be back here with the correct visa

well she knows full well once she leaves the u.k its going to take a long time and a lot of paperwork to get back in.The question is what would you guys do if you were in his position ? I must admit I would find it extremely hard to send her home on her own thats for sure .

that's why UKBA refuse some many visit visas and marriage visit visas because they know some will not return before their current visa expires or they will not stick to the terms of their visa (ie not getting married in the UK)

once your here people will waste money making visa apps that are bound to fail, wasting money on solicitors and court time when its almost certain their visa application or appeal will fail. they lost an appeal its time they played by the rules or it will encourage more people to do the same thing.

we don't actually know why she was refused or her appeal was refused but i think its because of pera and no entry clearance

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    If only they have followed the rules, then it will not come into this. People from this forum have sacrificed a lot just to do it the legal way. Why can't they? I don't pity people who do things illegally. Suffer the consequences of your own action.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    We might have a couple of new members seeking advice soon .

Rules is rules!!!

What a ....... joke!!

No influx of migrant workers from Romania and Bulgaria, survey of airlines and coach companies finds

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9146866.html

dedworth the daily mail should hold their heads in shame (again)

No influx of migrant workers from Romania and Bulgaria, survey of airlines and coach companies finds
    Yeah?? I wonder who wants you to think that!!

well dedworth hasn't posted any stories or pics of hordes of Romanians\Bulgarians landing either by sea or air, you would have thought the daily mail would be publishing them, seeing they haven't maybe you wonder why

A person that was born in the UK that marries a girl of another nationality has problem getting his wife a spouse visa to the UK and yet another person from an eu country like Bulgaria,Poland or Romania with no direct connection to the UK can simply walk in and be entitled to benefits??.. What a bunch of mugs we are!!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    A person that was born in the UK that marries a girl of another nationality has problem getting his wife a spouse visa to the UK and yet another person from an eu country like Bulgaria,Poland or Romania with no direct connection to the UK can simply walk in and be entitled to benefits??.. What a bunch of mugs we are!!
    True!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information