Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Post Marriage in the Philippines

Hi there,

I'm trying to help someone I met through my Filipino wife who is trying to marry his daughter's mother who is in the Philippines. (he's a UK national, she's a Philippine national).

I married in the Phils about a year ago and the advice I gave him no longer stands apparently - including the UK CNI being changed into a local one at the Embassy in Manila.

As of January this year apparently, the UK Embassy in Manila no longer provides the above service.

Can anyone help with advice regarding the new procedure to marry in the Philippines?

Links to old or stickied threads may not help as the procedure has since changed. Anyone done it in the last month or so?

Help or advice on behalf of my friend would be much appreciated. I did everything for myself but my friend and his wife are not as organized as I am and I'm concerned that the stress of this is taking its toll on their relationship and his partner's health.

Many thanks.
    Waytogo297

Trusted Member
    I believe the links and information on the forum are kept bang up to date by our valued contributor...'Terpe'.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo297 View Post
    ...As of Jan this year apparently, the UK Embassy in Manila no longer provides the above service.

Can anyone help with advice regarding the new procedure to marry in the Philippines?
    Hmmm, where did this information come from?

To the best of my understanding procedures for getting Married in the Philippines have not changed.
    ALL the regulations and processes for getting married in Philippines are governed by Philippine law.

My understanding is that the only involvement and obligation of the British Embassy is to provide a 'local' version of CNI compliant with requirements to Philippine authorities.

I know that there have been a number of updates to the Embassy links etc but I'm not aware of any changes to the overall procedure of securing the Philippine version CNI from the Embassy.

Please take look here

Are you able to explain more about any information you have seen stating that the British Embassy no longer offers this important consular service?

Respected Member
    Help or advice on behalf of my friend would be much appreciated. I did everything for myself but my friend and his wife are not as organized
    - wife, I thought, meant already married!

I married in the Phils about a year ago and the advice I gave him no longer stands apparently, including the UK CNI being changed into a local one at the embassy in Manila.

As of Jan this year apparently, the UK Embassy in Manila no longer provides the above service.

waytogo297

Where did you hear this? I am planning to exchange my CNI at the UK Embassy in Manila in May. Already have the appointment booked and have heard nothing to suggest what you are saying is correct.

H again,

I'm sorry if I panicked or upset anybody. My friend contacted me about this and I took his information at face value. Since checking myself, as you have said, the system is the same - only the method for booking appointments has changed. It's all done via the .gov system now instead of via the old Embassy website.

I've sent him the link, it's up to him now.

As explained I organized all this stuff for myself about a year ago. I've tried to help the guy but they seem incapable of doing or checking even the simplest things for themselves and expect other people to do it for them.

Waytogo297

H again,

I'm sorry if I panicked or upset anybody. My friend contacted me about this and I took his info at face value. Since checking myself, as you have said, the system is the same - only the method for booking appointments has changed. It's all done via the .gov system now instead of via the old Embassy website.

I've sent him the link, it's up to him now.

As explained I organized all this stuff for myself about a year ago. I've tried to help the guy but they seem incapable of doing or checking even the simplest things for themselves and expect other people to do it for them.

Waytogo297
    Rest assured no-one got panicked or upset.....we pride ourselves on having accurate and up-to-date info. Both in regulation and in practical recent experience.

Anyway feel OK about helping him ..... that's what friends are for.
    The Embassy appointment booking system has been recently 'improved'
    For quite a long time now the advance waiting time for an appontment slot was around 2 months and often cause major issues.

I think you should inform your friend that :-

The names on all documents you provide must appear exactly as they do on your passports - if not, the authorities may refuse to allow the marriage to go ahead. You may need to provide evidence if the name on your passport is different to your birth certificate (eg marriage certificate or deed poll).
    I would also advise him to secure his own CENOMAR from NSO
    I realise this is not specifically demanded by law in the same way as the CNI, however many Philippine authorities have recently been requesting the CENOMAR of the foreign party.

He can obtain this online from the NSO website here

Why not have him register here in the forum?? I'm sure he'd find it a big help.

Hi Terpe,

Yes, I've explained about his CNI and turning it into a locally-approved one. Her CENOMAR is from the local NSO.

I've suggested this website to them as a useful resource and given links to the Philippine Embassy in the UK etc. The one thing I can't do, though, is to get them to realise that they have to get their butts in gear and sort things out for themselves.

I've now told my wife to stop telling her mates "my husband can help".

Personally, I preferred the old Embassy in Manila website. The new improved version at .gov gives little or no help.

Thanks for the help people.

Thread Information