Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Student Visa

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Student Visa

I'm a Fillipina living in the Philippines. I have a degree with high pass marks in BSH (Home Economics). I am co owner of a private school with my mother with 140 attendants rate. I wish to apply for a student visa in the UK. I also have good bank records, 6,000 dollars in one account and several thousand pesos passing through the school account, also in my name, monthly. Could you please advice me on my next move and the likelihood of a student visa being granted.

Quote Originally Posted by r_v View Post
    I'm a Fillipina living in the Philippines. I have a degree with high pass marks in BSH (Home Economics). I am co owner of a private school with my mother with 140 attendants rate. I wish to apply for a student visa in the UK. I also have good bank records, 6,000 dollars in one account and several thousand pesos passing through the school account, also in my name, monthly. Could you please advice me on my next move and the likelihood of a student visa being granted.

hi rv! first you have to look for school that you wish to study, that school should be registered @ http://www.dfes.gov.uk/providersregister/

go to the website of the school.. for example www.city-lbc.com and apply there..
    you can apply online, or download an application and mail it to the school..

the school will send you a letter of acceptance and once you received it, you have to pay the tuition fee with the back account number written on the LOA.

after you made the payment you will again receive a letter from the school which is the certificate of acceptance and the letter to the consul.

then gather all the necessary documents for your visa application.

these include your certificate of enrolment, the letter to the consul, bank certificate of your sponsor with more than 1M savings, and all the necessary documents supporting your application.

for more information visit this website http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

hi rv, welcome to the forum..

u can use the search button here to find out some information..if my memory serves me right there is also one friend here who is asking about the student visa, im not sure but i think he's aykes..there are lots of informative replies on his post there..

goodluck and welcome again..

see aykes heard me calling his name..he replied too fast...he he he

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    see aykes heard me calling his name..he replied too fast...he he he

hehe.. just wanna help her with all the infos i got..

thats good of u and thats what make this forum different from others..

we share to others our experiences and everything that we learned too..and it goes round and round..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aykes View Post

these include your certificate of enrolment, the letter to the consul, bank certificate of your sponsor with more than 1M savings, and all the necessary documents supporting your application.
    What do you mean by this, specifically?
    Please elaborate. Thank you!

first, find a course/school then enrol, your school will give you this certificate which you will use as evidence that you have been accepted in a UK college/university.

the letter of sponsorship and bank certificates from your sponsor. this is very important because you need to show proof that you can afford to stay in UK.

Respected Member
    first, find a course/school then enrol, your school will give you this certificate which you will use as evidence that you have been accepted in a UK college/university.
    Yes, I understand this part.

So, let's say that I have been successful in my enrolment, paid my deposit /required fees to the University. All that being cleared and OK. So, if I then make an application for my Visa, what level or amount of money should be made available by, either me direct or a sponsor to show in order that the Visa Part is successful. Because without both parts being successful, seems a waste of money paying the university fee (which would not be refunded). So really need assurances on the Visa side, before proceeding.

Can you be more specific instead of generalizing?

Thank you!

a student visa has a rejection rate of at least 40% from manila.

you would have to pay international fees,

for manchester uni, one of the best

fees

http://www.campus.manchester.ac.uk/s...tionfees20078/

and then you need the money to live in the uk, not cheap here..

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/internat...livingintheuk/

the cost btw £7000-£9000 for a year + your fees of around

looking at the costs , you can see why most fail..

also your only allowed to work up to 20 hours a week term time, any if you work more and your caught, you can be banned from coming back to the uk for a number of years.

good luck thou

Respected Member
    Thanks for replyng.

I already have accommodation, and thinking of studying at the University of Wolverhampton.

Thread Information