Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Arriving on spouse visa soon. What next?

Hi there everyone. This forum was very helpful with advice when we planning our wedding in Philippines, which happened June last year in Siquijor. Now Ella has had her visa granted I can't wait for her to arrive & for me to get home from vacation from my ship. (We met working together on a cruise ship).

So much of our time & energy has gone into the visa process that neither of us has given much thought to what happens when she arrives; what we need to do. So, some advice with these questions if anyone could help?

Arrival at immigration, what to expect?
    Do we need to register anywhere, especially for permission for Ella to work?
    The long term goal is for Ella to become a UK citizen, where do we start?

I have had a read through the forum which has been helpful, but these specific things we need to know to get us started.

Congratulations for the visa.
    If i may ask,when did you guys lodged you visa application?

Gladz

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations on receiving the visa, also welcome to the UK Ella. Immigration should be no problem at airport, they will just ask a few run of the mill questions, regarding registering anywhere, local surgery also apply for NI number at local jobcentre, if there is anything else I'm sure other members will pass on the information. A tip I will give you is, all the paperwork that you have accumulated during the spouse visa application, bring that to the UK because at a later date it will be useful when applying for ILR. What part of Siquijor is Ella from? Because my Maritess is from Tubod, Siquijor!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-and-Ella View Post
    Hi there everyone. This forum was very helpful with advice when we planning our wedding in Philippines, which happened June last year in Siquijor. Now Ella has had her visa granted I can't wait for her to arrive & for me to get home from vacation from my ship. (We met working together on a cruise ship).
    Thankyou for your update and kind comments, Nick ... I remember you joining the forum a year ago.

Congratulations, BOTH - on Ella's Spousal Visa being granted - and my very best wishes for your future together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-and-Ella View Post
    So much of our time & energy has gone into the visa process that neither of us has given much thought to what happens when she arrives; what we need to do. So, some advice with these questions if anyone could help?

Arrival at immigration, what to expect?
    Do we need to register anywhere, especially for permission for Ella to work?
    The long term goal is for Ella to become a UK citizen, where do we start?

I have had a read through the forum which has been helpful, but these specific things we need to know to get us started.
    Yes, it's a stressful, time-consuming business bringing our loved ones here, !

Alas, our Government doesn't make things easy - unless you're a non~British European.

But the most difficult part's now behind you and, as you'll see, Michael has provided some very useful tips in preparation for Ella's forthcoming arrival in this country.

Thanks for the kind words & advice.
    Michael; Ella is from Saguing, Maria, but her family have recently moved to Liloan.
    Gladz; we started the application process as long ago as August last year.
    Arthur, you're not wrong!

Here's a pic from our big day!

Respected Member
    Congratulations! So glad everything is working out wonderfully for you. Good luck with the future.

Congratulations guys

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Thread Information