Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Split up

Any hint of your "ideal girl"? Maybe, some of the members here can introduce you to their friends or relatives. Also, it would be nice to know something about you.

Nothing to lose

Respected Member
    I would actually disagree with gwapito (no offence, this is just a personal opinion).

But at your age if you go out there and meet a few members from the forum and their families, there will for some be some wives a mothers who will insist on introducing you to a niece, friend, cousin etc and you will meet some genuine people. Also, I find Filipina very approachable. Out at a mall it seems acceptable to approach a group of girls and say hi, etc.

I think I should start a dating agency because so many of my wife's friends and extended family ask me if I can introduce them to a 'nice romantic' Brit.

Respected Member
    I had dates from both, from the internet, and also from being introduced to some single fiipinas, by filipina friends I had known for years.

Although I would point out, the platonic friend I have had for many years, who introduced me to other filipinas (some as date, others as good friends) I did in fact meet from a dating site. I met her after chatting online for some time, although neither of us felt chemistry for anything romantic wise, we remained friends and as mentioned from there I met more filipinas.

So, if you did go down the internet route, if a date doesn't seem like a potential partner, no reason why you can't remain in contact (if you still get on okay) and you never know you could expand your social circle that way....

I agree with what Fred and Ricky have said about getting yourself over to the Philippines and meeting some genuine ladies and their families.

In my opinion, you still can't beat spending time in person to really know if a relationship is going to be long term. Physical chemistry is very important, as you need to know each other's temperament, attitude, smell etc. The little things can make a relationship last a long time.

Do you have any long term financial commitments? If not why not save a few bob and spend some time here. You may not meet the love of your life but at least you will see and experience new things that you cannot do in the UK

Respected Member
    Assuming you're UK based, then it would be a better idea to meet Filipinas who have moved here.

They would be acclimatised to life here for a start. Logistically you'd be able to see more of them, in person.

Afterall, there are many filipinas here in this country

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    Cheers fred
    Follow Freds advice Nick, a new adventure in life for you, you never know you just might meet the right one for you and Bohol is a wonderful island!

Dunno, folks ... ... I'd be more inclined to go along with Hache's suggestion; as he points out - and in my experience, too - there seems to be plenty of unattached Filipinas already settled here in the UK ... I notice a fair number practically everytime I'm down town, and Perth's a relatively small place.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    I would actually disagree with gwapito (no offence, this is just a personal opinion).

But at your age if you go out there and meet a few members from the forum and their families, there will for some be some wives a mothers who will insist on introducing you to a niece, friend, cousin etc and you will meet some genuine people. Also, I find Filipina very approachable. Out at a mall it seems acceptable to approach a group of girls and say hi, etc.

I think I should start a dating agency because so many of my wife's friends and extended family ask me if I can introduce them to a 'nice romantic' Brit.
    If the women involved are known quantities then that is different altogether. No offence taken Ricky

You start the agency, I'll join it

You say 'at your age' Does that mean he can take more risk?...more risk at losing everything. It's big business to a few out there. Some making a career out of it. You can spot them a mile off on fcupid...I call them butterflies, drifting from one to the next. You gotta have your wits about you, I can tell ya

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Dunno, folks ... ... I'd be more inclined to go along with Hache's suggestion; as he points out - and in my experience, too - there seems to be plenty of unattached Filipinas already settled here in the UK ... I notice a fair number practically everytime I'm down town, and Perth's a relatively small place.
    Why's that, I wonder

You see some in that situation on the British dating sites...They are lookin for guys their own age...Strange that

There's a widowed Thai lady wd an 8yo daughter...she's my mate's wife's cousin. His wife has been trying to set me up wd her. She says her cousin said 'He's too old'

The widow is 47.....her dead husband was 74. I'm 'too old' for her at 53

What's it like on filipinocupid mate?

Thanks for everyones advice on here. I may follow Hache's advice. Where's the best place here in the UK? I could save some cash and head out to the Phils too.

I think Ricky should start a dating agency as it would be a good idea in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Why's that I wonder

You see some in that situation on the British dating sites...They are lookin for guys their own age...Strange that
    Suppose it could simply be because they're settled here ... in a good, well-paid job that provides sufficient financial security to enable them to be fully self~supporting - which, in turn, offers greater freedom of choice on the dating scene - thereby allowing them to have the "pick of the bunch".

If you look at it that way ^... ... it's not so strange, really!

I think you're much right there Arthur. Maybe someone on this forum could introduce me to any Filipina settled here it would be good
    Glory to God and praying for a good miracle there

Trusted Member
    Suppose it could simply be because they're settled here ... in a good, well-paid job that provides sufficient financial security to enable them to be fully self~supporting ... which, in turn, offers greater freedom of choice on the dating scene - thereby allowing them to have the "pick of the bunch".
    I'm sure that's the situation Arthur.

'Buyer's market'.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Sorry about what happened Nick. But there are plenty of fish in the sea. You just need to wait for that moment when you actually catch the right one. Do not rush. Time will come when you least expect it.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks raynputi

There's a widowed Thai lady wd an 8yo daughter...she's my mate's wife's cousin. His wife has been trying to set me up wd her. She says her cousin said 'He's too old'

The widow is 47.....her dead husband was 74.
    ... maybe she'd "had her fill" of old age "creeping upon" her in the middle of the night!

. I'm 'too old' for her at 53
    ...NONSENSE! ... show her your ... ... avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Do not rush. Time will come when you least expect it.
    ........................................... 's what my mum used to tell me after I was widowed ... and it DID!

Alas ... not before I'd learnt the hard way - from a series of unsuitable "casual liaisons" - and had had a few narrow escapes.

What were your narrow escapes Arthur?

........................................... 's what my *mum used to tell me after I was widowed ... and it DID!
    ... how I wish *she'd lived long enough to've met Myrna!

Banned
    ...NONSENSE! ... show her your ... ... avatar!
    This is what Struan's wife said. ..she said she's a stupid woman to right me off on purely my age alone. ..especially when she's not even seen a picture of me. Never mind, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The husband who died was apparently a bad man...he used to knock her around that was before the cancer took a hold. ..she stayed wd him regardless. .when he died, his daughters from his first marriage forced their stepmother and half sister from their dad's house so it could be sold. ...They were left homeless. ..in the end they got council housing. ...she works as a care worker. ..The girls didn't speak for years because she wouldn't leave him. Both live in South Wales

Trusted Member
    ... maybe she'd had her fill" of old age "creeping upon" her in the middle of the night!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    What were your narrow escapes Arthur?
    How long is a piece of string, Nick? Reckon I could "write a book" on my escapades as a 'singleton' ... so watch this space and I'll hopefully get around to sharing a brief synopsis of the MAIN "highlights" once I've had a , okay?

Ok Arthur mate

I'm on Cherry Blossoms, with 420 emails and 758 smiles to attend to - it's finding the time

Trusted Member
    Finding the time to change that Brad Pitt profile pic ?

How do you find Cherry Blossoms and Filipinocupid? What's the difference of those sites?

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I'm on Cherry Blossoms, with 420 emails and 758 smiles to attend to - it's finding the time
    ... Eh? 'Cherry Blossom' to "boot"!

... "polishing
    up" on the old dating skills, are we, Les?

Cherry Blossoms is huge - just make sure to put in your profile polite wording ref asking for money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information