Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Need some help!

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Need some help!

Hello everyone!!! This is my first post so far. I'm Jewel from the Philippines. I've been reading a lot on this site regarding tourist visa requirements and we are really working on it but i still have some questions. I've met my boyfriend from catholicmatch, we've been friends for five months before we officially in a relationship as boyfriend/girlfriend. We are also planning to meet hopefully this July. My boyfriend cannot visit me here in the Philippines at this moment so we are planning that i am the one who will visit him in UK. My questions are:

1. Is it more difficult applying tourist visa if your boyfriend who is sponsoring your visit haven't been visited you first?
    2. Is it a big question if you have a relative living in UK and not the one sponsoring your visit?
    3. Is a Guarantee Letter from my boyfriend enough to prove that i will be back home before the visa expires, since i do not have any property nor savings?
    4. What documents my boyfriend should provide since he is self employed?

Hope you could help me with this. Thank you in advance.

Respected Member
    hi Jewel. Welcome to the forum

Regarding your questions, I'll just answer the ones that I know I'm sure the experts here can answer you.

Q1: 1. Is it more difficult applying tourist visa if your boyfriend who is sponsoring your visit haven't been visited you first?
    -I think it will be because you will need to show proofs of your relationship and one of the requirements is meeting in person.

Q2: Is it a big question if you have a relative living in UK and not the one sponsoring your visit?
    -I think they will assume it as one of the reason why you will not come back because you have a relative there

Q4: 3. Is a Guarantee Letter from my boyfriend enough to prove that i will be back home before the visa expires, since i do not have any property nor savings?
    -please refer to this from UKBA site
    Can you act as a guarantor for your visitor?
    You cannot guarantee that the visitor who you are sponsoring will leave at the end of their visit. If we decide that your visitor cannot enter the UK, this does not mean that we doubt what you have told us. It is because the visitor has not satisfied us that they qualify for entry.
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...tor/documents/

Q4: 4. What documents my boyfriend should provide since he is self employed?
    -I'll let them answer that because I don't know.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Thank you very much for the response captaincay. Though below are my follow up questions.

Q1: 1. Is it more difficult applying tourist visa if your boyfriend who is sponsoring your visit haven't been visited you first?
    - Is emails and skype communication not enough to prove that your are in a relationship?

Q2: Is it a big question if you have a relative living in UK and not the one sponsoring your visit?
    - Is it okay not to mention in the application form that you have a relative living in UK?

I really appreciated your time for answering my questions.

Thank you so much for the reply. But is emails and skype communications not enough proof that your in a relationship? And is it okay not to mention that you have relative living in UK?

Thread Information