Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Well done Hobbycraft

Speak English or you’re fired! Foreign workers banned from speaking their own language or told they face the sack

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2tIc3qsjM

I doubt if I'll need to buy their products but added to my Approved Supplier list

not sure if that is enforcible these days I agree during work hours but breaks no .people do get paranoid when foreigners are gibbering in their own language when standing next to them but thats the sad fact of life here in the u.k .I know what its like when the misus has family round and they are all gibbering in illongo lol maybe I should ban her family from talking illongo in front of me lol .

Interesting decision that I can see ending up in the High Court.
    Personally I'm used to it at work as we employ such a cosmopolitan workforce but I do come across folk who complain about it.

Do I remember correctly about a similar action concerning Filipina nurses in a Californian hospital being banned from speaking Tagalog at any time ??

i am trying to ban Tagalog in my house when Ems talks to the family back home or friends here,

Its not that i cannot understand it all, its just the SHOUTING and not the talking of the words gets me

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    i am trying to ban Tagalog in my house when Ems talks to the family back home or friends here,
    Its not that i cannot understand it all, its just the SHOUTING and not the talking of the words gets me
    Ha Ha Steve, I know exactly what you mean, but having said that it's nice really cos to me when Maritess can speak to another filipina it's as though all her birthdays have come at once and she's so excited!

...Its not that i cannot understand it all, its just the SHOUTING ....

Banned
    Exactly even when the one at the other end is at work or down the road it's the shouting, a bit like the way Pinoy TV & Radio on the internet has to be at max volume

Thread Information