Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Exclamation Family and Child Visit Visa

Hello Folks!

March is fast approaching and its getting near the date we are opting to apply for my daughter and sister to visit me here in the UK. I have few questions in my mind that confuses me a bit and I know I can rely on you guys.

1: I know that there will be two application forms that we need to fill up for the visa (daughter and sister's application), my question is do I need to provide two sets of supporting documents each or is it just a one big bunch of documents to support both applications. Will they cast the two application as one, bearing in mind that my daughter's accompanying adult on her travel to the UK is my sister.

2: When I left the Philippines to settle here in the UK, I left my BPI ATM card to my sister to make it easy for me to send money using my husbands account. Now, all the support and money thats coming in and out to prove that we are supporting my daughter's school and needs is on that account. Do you think that will be all fine?

Thanks in advance for the help, guys!

Up

Hi Novie,

Personally I'd suggest you include supporting documents for each application.
    I'd also cross reference the applications to try as best as possible to 'link' them to you as sponsor and to each others application.
    Do be aware that each application with be judged on it's own merits, but oftentimes if the ECO understand that the two are linked it might help.

Concerning your question regarding the BPI ATM card and account, I hesitate to make any recommendations.
    As far as I understand 'banking regulations' (here in UK at least) it is forbidden to share ATM card's/PIN's etc.
    I'm guessing that the account is not joint with those using it and I'm guessing the banking rules are the same in Philippines ? but I just don't know. Hopefully others with clear and legal knowledge will help explain that one.

I'm just concerned how UKBA might judge that activity.
    If you see no alternative but to use that data, please do be very cautious how you present it.

Hi Sir Peter. My sisters name will be on my daughters application form as her accompanying adult for the travel. Also, on our supporting letters and their application letters both were mentioned, as well as photos and some school documents which my sister is named as her guardian. Hoping that will be enough to linked them two. But will find more proofs that both applications are linked to each other.

That is my main problem now because I know the bank rules here. It was just that time that was the only way we could use to make it easy for my sister to collect the money im sending.

Will surely think of it before making a move.

I was thinking no one would answer me query. Thank you so much.

as well as photos and some school documents which my sister is named as her guardian. Hoping that will be enough to linked them two.
    do you intend to move your daughter to the UK in the future?, if so be careful of who has 'sole responsibility'
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

We are planning yes to move her here in Britain in future. The school documents that I mentioned above has both my name as her parent and my sister as her guardian while I'm away. I also have a copy of an email to the school director stating the circumstances at the moment like my sister will act in behalf of me.

Hoping that it won't cause any conflict in future.

There's plenty of threads here on Sole Responsibility from members who have been down that path. If you make some searches I'm sure you'll find some indispensable hints and tips on how best to convince the UKBA.

Don't underestimate the importance Novie...

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There's plenty of threads here on Sole Responsibility from members who have been down that path. If you make some searches I'm sure you'll find some indispensable hints and tips on how best to convince the UKBA.

Don't underestimate the importance Novie...
    I will keep an eye on this Sir Peter and thanks for pointing out joebloggs. I will try to be very careful not to do a step that I might regret in future.

Phew! I must admit that its giving me hard time. A lot of thinking for a 13 weeks pregnant lady. Goodluck to me!

Thread Information