Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Does your relationship get much attention on the street?

hey gang,

just wondering if you guys get much attention with your ph girl, be it on the street in your area, in the club, bar, work, etc etc.

I(29) am with a similarly aged ph girl(26), living here in london, we don't get that much attention, however, when i travel up north, (namely in Leeds), I do notice a lot more people looking at us. - No offense to anyone in Leeds, this is the only place outside London where we have gone.

I will soon meet my ph girlfriend in manilla, I look forward to see the reaction of the locals when they see us together.

All in all, our experiences have been v positive with the public, except for one time when we were in a club, when one guy continuously pestered my girlfriend.

Just to clarfiy, it does not trouble me what others think of interracial relationships etc, but just curious to know what you guys have experienced to date.

Apologies to anyone living/from in Leeds in advance.

Thank you,
    Ed

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    My wife is 25 I am 43 and without blowing my own trumpet she is a stunner.

There are many times that we have been out and I have seen guys eyes pop out when she passes especially when summer is here and she wears skimpy jean shorts lol.

But the best thing is, is that I am the one saying what a lucky basket I am, it sort of gives me feel good feeling especially when I pat her butt as we walk by..

Banned
    we do get a lot of looks. i'm 65--my lady is 43--but shes a petite size 8 and has the figure--and lovely long black hair--of a teenager. i think peeps think i'm her grandad

Banned

Trusted Member
    I never had any problems in Leeds.

The locals must have guessed I didn't carry a wallet, and I had locking wheelnuts on the car.

Interracial dating really shouldn't be an issue these days....especially in the bigger cities. You're probably being oversensitive.

Certainly no problem in the Phils.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Gonna get round to uploading some pics...

Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    hey gang,

just wondering if you guys get much attention with your ph girl, be it on the street in your area, in the club, bar, work, etc etc.

I(29) am with a similarly aged ph girl(26), living here in london, we don't get that much attention, however, when i travel up north, (namely in Leeds), I do notice a lot more people looking at us. - No offense to anyone in Leeds, this is the only place outside London where we have gone.

I will soon meet my ph girlfriend in manilla, I look forward to see the reaction of the locals when they see us together.

All in all, our experiences have been v positive with the public, except for one time when we were in a club, when one guy continuously pestered my girlfriend.

Just to clarfiy, it does not trouble me what others think of interracial relationships etc, but just curious to know what you guys have experienced to date.

Apologies to anyone living/from in Leeds in advance.

Thank you,
    Ed
    lol I would like some guy to try and interfere with my girl when we,re out the result would,nt be very nice.well with the amount of staring that I put up with here in the philippines i,m sure I can handle it in the u.k which will be nothing compared to the philippines.

Haven't got her home here yet... But she did say when I go to her home village in Philippines I will be the local attraction with all the neighbors who don't travel much, come out to see the white man!

I have never noticed any looks at us when we are out , but i do see the looks when i am on the other side of the shops and Ems is looking at cloths, the looks from men and women do make me smile and proud too, the best thing is then to walk over and put your arm around her waist and say that looks great, BUT DONT BUY IT

We have been married for nearly 20 years now so I'm used to some people looking longer at us than normal, wouldn't change anything though...

I don't think it would be an issue for the original poster as the ages are very close - it's just another inter racial relationship which is pretty common nowadays.

There is a guy (60 ) in my town who has a much younger Thai wife and he certainly gets a few stares when they walk around. He tells me that women especially seem to find it somewhat strange and they get the occasionally muttered bitchy comment, whereas most guys are ok with it ( and probably secretly wishing that they had the same situation themselves. )

Trusted Member
    ....Think you've hit the nail on the head there mate.

Occasionally I've noticed some stares, but nothing too long or bad. The only really negative comment was from some prick of a guy in a large car made some sort of catcall. I didn't give his opinion though as much glance as I would at a piece of dog turd, as he was middle aged, and looked like a car or double glazing salesman.

Sometimes get stares from older women, but it's probably jealousy such a hunk like me isn't with a woman like her

Trusted Member
    Failed double-glazing salesman ?

Us successful ones know how to behave...that's why we're good.

We get some stares when we are out & about but i don't mind the stares because for me it's natural for a guy to look at a beautiful lady which my florsel is a very beautiful woman
    So the stares honestly don't bother me

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Trusted Member
    Yep...take it as a compliment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    we do get a lot of looks. i'm 65--my lady is 43--but shes a petite size 8 and has the figure--and lovely long black hair--of a teenager. i think peeps think i'm her grandad

I do like this pic Bigmac One of my all time favourites

BTW..No way does she look 43!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Gonna get round to uploading some pics...
    You keep saying that Mark..and we're still waiting

Respected Member
    If it does, I don't notice. My wife is 8 years older then me but looks considerably younger so we probably do get the occasional grimace from the small minded.

Thread Information