Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) sarahanderson's Avatar

Hello to all here! I am new and I need help for spousal visa..

Hello to all here!

How's everyone here!?

My name is Sarah and I just got married. I had my cfo certificate today. Which also I meet some people who are registered here and they ask me joined in as I will get accurate info here to help me to start to gather my paper works to apply for a visa. Please I need help, for the people who recently applied for a spousal visa may I know the complete details of list of requirements to apply for spousal visA. Thank you very much in advance and help is much appreciate. X

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Sarah, you will find everything you require on this forum, good luck with your search!

Hi Sarah, a warm welcome aboard Filipino UK

As a very first step please read this thread and follow all the included links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Read this and again follow the included links - Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

You can search here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern or you can ask as many questions as you need right here in your thread.

Do be sure that your husband also fully understands what is needed. This has to be a real team effort for you both.
    There's a lot of things to understand and your husband, being sponsor, needs to arrange and provide a lot of evidential paperwork.

Sarah, take this journey step-by-step, don't be shy to ask as many questions as you need so that you fully understand.
    There's plenty of folks here who have been down the same road and made that journey. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share experiences, and to make sure you get that special visa.

Some early but important steps for you both to consider is for you meet the English language requirement

Additionally you need to comply with the requirement for TB Screening before you can make submit application.
    Here's the needed detail - Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines
    Be aware that the TB certificate is valid for 6 months only

Good luck and don't be shy to post anything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahanderson View Post
    Hello to all here!

How's everyone here!?

My name is Sarah and I just got married. I had my cfo certificate today. Which also I meet some people who are registered here and they ask me joined in as I will get accurate info here to help me to start to gather my paper works to apply for a visa. Please I need help, for the people who recently applied for a spousal visa may I know the complete details of list of requirements to apply for spousal visA. Thank you very much in advance and help is much appreciate. X
    Hey Sar, you're here hehe. Welcome to the forum

Hi Sarah,
    I am going through the same thing at the moment, getting mariied next month. The Visa is a difficult thing to organize.
    Firstly follow Terpe's links and advice, this is where i got a lot of my info.
    But here is the list I have for all my documents, obviously everyone's circumstances are different, but hope it helps gives an idea of what you will need.
    And if anyone sees any errors, things that are missing or just anything that might help, please let me know.

Forms -

-Online Application form
    -VAF 4A Personal Details Form
    -VAF 4A Financial Requirements Form
    -Sponsors Form

Aya - (Person applying for Visa)

-2 passport size photos
    -Passport
    -Birth Certificate
    -CNI
    -English Test Results (L&R and Speaking)
    -TB Test Results
    -College Results
    -Police Clearance Form
    -National Bureau of Investigation Form

Neil - (Sponsor)

-Birth certificate
    -Copy of Passport (certified)
    -CNI
    -Sponsors Cover Letter
    -Bank statements for 6 months
    -Payslips for 1 year
    -Employment Contract
    -Employers Letter
    -Proof of any other income
    -Tenancy Agreement (for renting)
    -Pictures and guide to my house
    -Landlords Letter

Both -

-Marriage Certificate (certified from NSO)
    -Pictures of me and Aya together and also family
    -History of our Relationship
    -Log of Conversation History

Quote Originally Posted by Drewturner View Post
    Hey Sar, you're here hehe. Welcome to the forum
    Hello, Sarah ... seems you've already met Mizel!

to our midst. Terpe has kindly provided a number of excellent links for your guidance - plus, Neil H has "come up trumps" by compiling a comprehensive List of Supporting Documents required - therefore, please study ALL of those features carefully and simply ask if there's anything you're not sure about.

Smile Thank you very much for welcoming me here!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Welcome to the forum Sarah, you will find everything you require on this forum, good luck with your search!

Thank you for welcoming me here! x

Hello there, thank you very much for sharing your info. I hope we can be friends here so to exchange some ideas and thoughts in the future! Congratulations in advance with your wedding. Where do u live here in the Philippines? I have skype too sarahoquindo1 please add me. I will be nice to have a friend who is doing the same thing as me.. Ingat! X

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hello, Sarah ... seems you've already met Mizel!

Hello there, yes I met her at the CFO and she was the one who told me about this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi Sarah, a warm welcome aboard Filipino UK

As a very first step please read this thread and follow all the included
    links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Read this and again follow the included links - Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

You can search here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern or you can ask as many questions as you need right here in your thread.

Do be sure that your husband also fully understands what is needed. This has to be a real team effort for you both.
    There's a lot of things to understand and your husband, being sponsor, needs to arrange and provide a lot of evidential paperwork.

Sarah, take this journey step-by-step, don't be shy to ask as many questions as you need so that you fully understand.
    There's plenty of folks here who have been down the same road and made that journey. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share experiences, and to make sure you get that special visa.

Some early but important steps for you both to consider is for you meet the English language requirement

Additionally you need to comply with the requirement for TB Screening before you can make submit application.
    Here's the needed detail - Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines
    Be aware that the TB certificate is valid for 6 months only

Good luck and don't be shy to post anything you want.

Thank you for the great info.. Will use this as a guide, thank you very much.. I get confused what to do first... It seems like I can provide all this documents easily but I don't know where to start lol.. I called the Iom for my tb test but they advise me to wait for my new passport as I have change my marital status and my name. They when I get that then I can go for Iom. I already have English test done it nov of 2013. For the people here please be patient with me as I will be here most of the time to ask questions regarding spousal visa.. And to the others who is doing the same thing please let's have a contact! Thank u very much!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahanderson View Post
    Hello there, thank you very much for sharing your info. I hope we can be friends here so to exchange some ideas and thoughts in the future! Congratulations in advance with your wedding. Where do u live here in the Philippines? I have skype too sarahoquindo1 please add me. I will be nice to have a friend who is doing the same thing as me.. Ingat! X
    Thanks for the congratulations. Its my fiance (Aya) who is in Phil ... She lives in Imus, Cavite. Perhaps you should chat with her .. I will pass this on to her, are you on Facebook?

Thread Information