Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Red face Introducing my self

Finally! It's time to introduce my self, I was just looking at the threads about visa stuff and keep posting questions without introducing my self formally which I thought that it was a bit rude and ungrateful lol.

So let's start!

My name is Jen, I am 22 years old, was born and currently living in Marikina City, Metro Manila. I am currently working in one of the telecommunication companies of New Zealand which is based here in the Philippines. I am not a fan of Bradley Cooper because I love him and my fiance is just my second love (he's aware of that tho!) I love going out with my friends, watching movies and explore some places and boxing (to lose weight) . I have two older brothers and yes I am the youngest and only girl, both of them have their own families so whenever we have free time, we love going out spend time together, I am really attached to my cute nephews and niece. My family is one of the best gifts I have which am really thankful for. I am funny, outgoing and talkative but not loud because I never wanted a dull moment.

I met my british fiance last year thru an online dating site (risky) yeah. Haha but it turned out very well and we're about to celebrate our first anniversary next week!! (but not that excited as we're not together at the moment). We have a good chemistry and we feel comfortable with each other. He is from Newton, 28 years old, and has a same job as me (no wonder why we can fully understand each other's grumpiness about work).
    He is a very funny, humble (I guess most british are) and faithful person. We can be friends, siblings, enemies, bestfriends, colleagues etc. The first time he went here was last May 2013 to meet me, my family and my friends. He proposed to me when we were in my paternal's vacation house in Nueva Ecija (one of the funniest moments in my life). The relationship did not change, what we were online, is exaclty the same as what we were when we were together, what we were on the first day we talked, is the same as what we are up until now. I guess it is one of the perks of being transparent and being who you are every time, just being real without pretentions at all. He went back here last November for my birthday and still the same, we are falling in love even more as the day goes by. Our relationship is almost perfect but every relationship has its ups and downs (especially distance and visa stuff which make us both crazier but stronger than the strongest).

I am seeing some couples here who experienced the same as what we are experiencing and they turned out very well, I hope we can be like them.

To the people here who always help me with my enquiries and questions thank you for making it easy for me. You guys are very realiable and trustworthy. Hope this is just the start of our good friendship!

attached here are some of our pictures together
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (45.0 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (20.5 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (15.7 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (54.5 KB, 10 views)

welcome to the forum ,can I just say your written english is perfect and puts me to shame lol .I hope you succeed with your visa stuff and enjoy your new life in the u.k when you get there have fun.

Welcome to the forum, Jen!

You are right in saying that the people here at the forum are so helpful and trustworthy

Good luck to your visa. Hope everything will be ok

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your future plans.

You certainly won't have any problems in passing the written English test.

A belated big welcome here
    Thanks for your nice introduction Jen

Hope all goes well for your future plans together.

Move forward step by step in the visa process....take your time to understand each element
    as it applies to your own circumstances.

Co-incidently we have a house in Marikina City just a few minutes from SM Mall and Riverbanks and also a place in Nueva Ecija just outside Guimba

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    What a heart warming and beautiful story Jen, your fiance is certainly one lucky guy and I suppose vice-versa.

May I say from myself and my family a very warm welcome to the forum and like the guys have said and questions you have just fire away I am sure there will be plenty of help from us lot.

Again also agree with the guys your english writing is of a very high standard, I think you would put many Brits to shame.

Anyway once again Welcome...

Welcome to the forum jen hope you enjoy your stay here im sure you will
    As others have said what excellent english you have

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    A belated big welcome here
    Thanks for your nice introduction Jen

Hope all goes well for your future plans together.

Move forward step by step in the visa process....take your time to understand each element
    as it applies to your own circumstances.

Co-incidently we have a house in Marikina City just a few minutes from SM Mall and Riverbanks and also a place in Nueva Ecija just outside Guimba

May I also say that I am literally SURPRISED? My house is just some walks away from SM Marikina and Riverbanks, and our house in Nueva Ecija is technically located in Guimba and it is the first Baranggay of Guimba when you take the Tarlac city-Gerona-Guimba route. So we are apparently in the border of Pura, Tarlac and Guimba, Nueva Ecija w

Thank you guys for the warm welcome and compliments, I appreciate it. lucky to be here

welcome to the forum..indeed this forum is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    May I also say that I am literally SURPRISED? My house is just some walks away from SM Marikina and Riverbanks, and our house in Nueva Ecija is technically located in Guimba and it is the first Baranggay of Guimba when you take the Tarlac city-Gerona-Guimba route. So we are apparently in the border of Pura, Tarlac and Guimba, Nueva Ecija w
    Jen are you familiar with OLSHA in Guimba (Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Jen are you familiar with OLSHA in Guimba (Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy) ?
    Yes Terpe, my cousins and I guess all of my relatives graduated there

Sad to say I had to google who Bradley Cooper was....

Welcome and I hope your future plans come to fruition....

Quote Originally Posted by highlander01 View Post
    Sad to say I had to google who Bradley Cooper was....

Welcome and I hope your future plans come to fruition....
    Yay. Effort. haha. Not really surprised as my british boyfriend did not know him at first. Guess he's not that popular in England.

Banned
    Superb write up Jen - good luck to you both

Banned
    Again also agree with the guys your english writing is of a very high standard, I think you would put many Brits to shame.

how very true !!

Jen --you could teach english here !

i cant understand what a lot of young english people are saying---apparently things are quali--ee. i blame it on the TV soap " eastenders"

Heyyy! I am very much flattered with the compliments I am getting about my English, though teaching here is not really ideal as I do not really follow any English syllabus and it would be unfair to teach incorrect information. Anyhow, practicing it and perhaps reading will help us a lot to improve our English/communication skills. Just a bit of a silly idea, when I was studying BA literature, It was really hard for me to speak and express my feeling every recitation, and I had no confidence at all during that time. I started working in a call center, I worked as a call center agent for T-mobile USA and obviously it forced me to speak in English and have convos with every caller (of course), until I got the confidence whilst speaking in English. It just really practice, however the down part of it now is I am not 100% sure about my grammar and sentence constructions.

A very warm welcome to you.

My fiancée is in Cebu and we are going through the same things as you.

Just got back from Cebu on Saturday.

Really miss my girl and the Philippines...

Welcome to the forum, Jen! I agree with the comments that have already been made, you do have very good written communication skills

Thread Information