Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Accommodation for fiancee to live in when she arrives

I have noticed that proof of permission may be required from the landlord by the embassy for my fiancée to stay with me when she arrives.

Currently I live in rented accommodation to be close to work. I have a house further up the A1 with no mortgage which I let to a tenant at the moment.

I am also looking to buy a place in this area.

It is going to be tight for me now to get a letter from the landlord and I have been told that Jenalyn will need reference checking or a guarantor to be named on the tenancy agreement. Either can be arranged. but will take time - I travel to Manila next week.

I may just explain that Jenalyn will stay with me in rented only until we find a place to buy, unless I can get a letter in principle that permits Jenalyn to take on a joint tenancy.

Has anyone been in a smiliar position? Anyone with advice please?

I take it your landlord told you this ?

and I have been told that Jenalyn will need reference checking or a guarantor to be named on the tenancy agreement.

Accommodation (renters) If the sponsor rents a flat or house, the tenancy agreement should be provided. If the applicant is not a signatory to the tenancy agreement, then an additional statement from the landlord (or estate agent) should be provided that attests to his agreement that the premises will be occupied by an additional person. If an existing tenancy agreement is to be used, it should have at least six months before expiry. If the tenancy agreement does not have at least six months before expiry, then an additional statement from the landlord showing intent to renew at the same terms should be provided.
    http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...s/spousal-visa
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Be careful to fully comply with all requirements.

In connection with accommodation the ECO must be satisfied as to the legal availability and adequacy of accommodation.
    Means that where applicable the permission of the owner of the accommodation has been given and that the accommodation will be occupied for the exclusive use of the couple and without overcrowding.

Depending on personal circumstances the ECO may also need some reassurance that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any
    tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting, as well as security of tenure of the accommodation.

Accommodation does not need to be elaborate as as long as you have at least a bedroom for your exclusive use.

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.

A copy of the tenancy agreement together owners permission and a brief description of the accommodation is all that is needed.
    There is no need for guarantor,joint tenancy or reference checking.

Ok , nice one.

I have got the current contract and confirmation from the letting agents that we will do a joint tenancy when Jen arrives. I will add the details of the flat as well.

Thanks,

Joe

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    Ok , nice one.

I have got the current contract and confirmation from the letting agents that we will do a joint tenancy when Jen arrives. I will add the details of the flat as well.

Thanks,

Joe
    You can also provide photos (additional proof) of your house showing different rooms, etc. That's what we did and it didn't do any harm in the application.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I will do that and get some photos. Thank you very much.

I have confirmation in the form of emails from the letting agent.

Is an email evidence enough or should it be on a separate letter?

Joe

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    My fiancé has mortgage with one bedroom and he's just alone there, here are the documents I have:

1. Solicitors completion statement
    2. Mortgage deposit completion statement
    3. Letters from banking society advising of monthly re-payment charges (the monthly mortgage payments are shown in his bank statements)

Planning to include photos,

Are those enough?

Hello jasper999, is your name Joe? And I have seen your fiancée's name, Jen. Lol my name is Jen and my fiancé's name is Joe too hahaha

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    mmm funny coincidence lol...

You also need to supply a copy of the land registry and the title deeds. Photographs of the property are not that important.

ok what is your surname Jentobeharrison?

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Lol of course I cannot disclose my surname here yet but starts with A

OK at least it is different to my fiancee and they embassy won't get confused, lol

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    I will do that and get some photos. Thank you very much.

I have confirmation in the form of emails from the letting agent.

Is an email evidence enough or should it be on a separate letter?

Joe
    When I applied for my fiancee visa, we supplied the contract (tenancy agreement) that hubby has from the housing association. We also supplied a printout of the email correspondence of him and the housing association informing of my intention to live with him when I arrive to the UK (of course housing association stated that I can do so). And like I said, we provided photos of the house and rooms.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Raynaputi, That is exactly what I needed to know, Thank you.

Thread Information