Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Further Leave to Remain Granted

We're very happy to announce that today Mizel was granted her first Further Leave to Remain.

No more worry for 30 months.

3 hour drive to Croydon this morning, whole process took about an hour. A heavy weight has been lifted.

Thanks to those who've answered our questions. We are very, very happy - just a week to wait for the BRP to drop through the door.

Andy & Mizel

Great news Andy...

congrats

... Congratulations!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations, well done!

Great news Andy ..... wonderful.
    Many congratulations

Do keep an eye on the requirements for next steps.

That is great news Bet you are so happy!
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thanks everyone. Operation get Mizel a job and a drivers license about to commence. National Insurance interview booked.

Fabulous news, congratulations to you both! I hope that Mizel is able to find a job quickly

Congratulations

Hello Andy G, a bit late but congratulations about your wife's FLR.

I just want to ask if you could tell me the documents you've all submitted. I've read around and it's somehow the same as the documents I've submitted for my Fiancee visa application back when I was in the Philippines. But of course I am definitely missing something.

So if you, or anyone in this forum could tell me or if it has already been discussed, post the link of the thread, I would really be grateful. I just got married here in Wales last 16th May and my visa will expire 5th August so we are cramming now about what to do next and what are the right documents to submit along with the FLR (M) application form.

Thanks very much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariafeda View Post
    Hello Andy G, a bit late but congratulations about your wife's FLR.

I just want to ask if you could tell me the documents you've all submitted. I've read around and it's somehow the same as the documents I've submitted for my Fiancee visa application back when I was in the Philippines. But of course I am definitely missing something.

So if you, or anyone in this forum could tell me or if it has already been discussed, post the link of the thread, I would really be grateful. I just got married here in Wales last 16th May and my visa will expire 5th August so we are cramming now about what to do next and what are the right documents to submit along with the FLR (M) application form.

Thanks very much in advance!
    I'm not very expert on this one but I'd like to give few bits of information since i went through the same process as from Fiancé Visa to FLR application, the only difference is just I was under the old rule.

As far as I can still remember, I submitted the ff.documents:
    *6 proofs of address (Bank statements, Council Tax, Electricity Bills, Water bills, Letters from your GP, TV license, Telephone Bills, Internet Bills, etc)
    *UK Marriage Certificate
    *Birth Certificates
    *Passport (wife and husband)
    *6 recent pay slips of your husband
    *financial requirement £18,600 (new rule)
    *2 identical passport size pic of yours and the husband
    *FLR application form
    *pics of the wedding (not entirely sure if this is a requirement)
    *self addressed special delivery envelope (for documents to be sent back to you)

I hope that helps you a little...
    I'm sure other members here can give you more inputs about your query...

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    I'm not very expert on this one but I'd like to give few bits of information since i went through the same process as from Fiancé Visa to FLR application, the only difference is just I was under the old rule.

As far as I can still remember, I submitted the ff.documents:
    *6 proofs of address (Bank statements, Council Tax, Electricity Bills, Water bills, Letters from your GP, TV license, Telephone Bills, Internet Bills, etc)
    *UK Marriage Certificate
    *Birth Certificates
    *Passport (wife and husband)
    *6 recent pay slips of your husband
    *financial requirement £18,600 (new rule)
    *2 identical passport size pic of yours and the husband
    *FLR application form
    *pics of the wedding (not entirely sure if this is a requirement)
    *self addressed special delivery envelope (for documents to be sent back to you)

I hope that helps you a little...
    I'm sure other members here can give you more inputs about your query...
    Thanks very much for your reply
    About those proof of billing address, did you have your name in all 6 of them? as of now, I only have Council tax and the letter from my GP. Did you also write a letter about your relationship with your husband and did he do the same thing? Also, did you do anything else for the Biometrics? Thanks again!

About those proof of billing address, did you have your name in all 6 of them? As of now, I only have Council tax and the letter from my GP. Did you also write a letter about your relationship with your husband and did he do the same thing? Also, did you do anything else for the Biometrics? Thanks again!
    Yes, I have my name in all of them... Does your husband pay for a TV Licence? You can call them and changed it into your name even though it's him who pays for it. Do the same with the bills in the house, tell your husband to give them a ring and ask if they can add you into the account. Apply for Tesco clubcard is another thing...

I don't think we wrote a letter about our relationship (I did that with my fiancée visa, not FLR)...

About the biometrics, after you sent off your application to the UKVI, in a few days or weeks time they will send you a letter about obtaining your biometrics. You just have to go to a post office that do have biometrics machine...I went to Luton with mine. Anyway, you can research about the nearest post office in your place that does the biometrics...

Hope that helps.

About those proof of billing address, did you have your name in all 6 of them? as of now, I only have Council tax and the letter from my GP. Did you also write a letter about your relationship with your husband and did he do the same thing? Also, did you do anything else for the Biometrics? Thanks again!
    Just my 2 centavos worth really ......no offence intended, but where on the FLR(M) form does it ask for 6 items of proof of address/cohabitation ??

I don't think you need to submit all those documents.

Take some time out to review the FLR(M) application and Guidance notes:-

FLR(M) form

Guidance notes

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Just my 2 centavos worth really ......no offence intended, but where on the FLR(M) form does it ask for 6 items of proof of address/cohabitation ??

FLR(M) form

Guidance notes
    There might be some changes for the requirements but base on my own experience considering I'm under old rule, I have to submit those proof of addresses. I can still remember those cramming moments because of that certain requirement. We rang different companies that could possibly do joint accounts or changing account name into my name.

There might be some changes for the requirements but base on my own experience considering I'm under old rule, I have to submit those proof of addresses. I can still remember those cramming moments because of that certain requirement. We rang different companies that could possibly do joint accounts or changing account name into my name.
    There's been no changes to that specific section.
    The only reason needed to supply all those proof of addresses / co-habitation etc has always been needed when spouse/partner has completed 2 years but elects to apply again for FLR(M) instead of ILR.

I'm guessing that you may have misread the section.

There's been no changes to that specific section.
    The only reason needed to supply all those proof of addresses / co-habitation etc has always been needed when spouse/partner has completed 2 years but elects to apply again for FLR(M) instead of ILR.

I'm guessing that you may have misread the section.
    :-D Maybe I did...
    And maybe it is the reason why I was granted the FLR quite quick than others in the forum that time. Others was waiting 8 or more months while I only waited over a month. Hehehe...

:-D Maybe I did...
    And maybe it is the reason why I was granted the FLR quite quick than others in the forum that time. Others was waiting 8 or more months while I only waited over a month. Hehehe...
    I don't think that's the reason why you got your FLR(M) faster than others. I also supplied more than 6 proofs of addresses and waited 10 months. The ECO just happened to process your application faster than the other ECOs did.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I don't think that's the reason why you got your FLR(M) faster than others. I also supplied more than 6 proofs of addresses and waited 10 months. The ECO just happened to process your application faster than the other ECOs did.
    Was only joking Rayn...I know that I just got lucky that time... Hehehe

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hi Rayna and Terpe,

I have read this thread and made me worry. As you know I am under fiancée visa application, if I will be granted, that will be valid for 6 months, and now I've just seen that granting of FLR is sometimes more than 6 months, what has to be done? I mean will they take it against us if fiancée visa will expire and flr is not yet been granted?

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Hi Rayna and Terpe,

I have read this thread and made me worry. As you know I am under fiancée visa application, if I will be granted, that will be valid for 6 months, and now I've just seen that granting of FLR is sometimes more than 6 months, what has to be done? I mean will they take it against us if fiancée visa will expire and flr is not yet been granted?
    You have to make sure to apply for your FLR 28 days before your fiancé visa expires....and they won't take it against you if your fiancée visa has already expired and you are still waiting for the result of your FLR application.

My situation was like this: I sent off my documents for visa application 14 days before it expired. I was very worried of the outcome but thank goodness they grant it quickly ( I'm not saying here that you should submit yours less than 28 days ) as what I did was a gamble and isn't sensible at all.

If you are worried about the "long waiting" result of the application by post, apply for a premium service which is a personal appearance , although you have to pay extra for that but it guarantees you to receive your result within a week of the application not months, some even been granted their visa same day of the appointment....

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Hi Rayna and Terpe,

You don't have to worry if it expires as long as the FLR(M) application is already at UKVI's hands. My FLR(M) processing took 10 months and obviously, my fiancee visa that time reached its expiration. You will still hold your current status until UKVI makes a decision about your new application. What is advisable to do is as soon as you got married in the UK, apply for a FLR(M) right away (well considering you all have the documents required) and don't wait to reach to a point where your fiancee visa is near its expiration. There's no need to wait for 28 days before the expiration date.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    We're very happy to announce that today Mizel was granted her first Further Leave to Remain.

3 hour drive to Croydon this morning, whole process took about an hour. A heavy weight has been lifted.

Thanks to those who've answered our questions. We are very, very happy - just a week to wait for the BRP to drop through the door.

Andy & Mizel
    Congratulations Mizel
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thanks everyone. Operation get Mizel a job and a drivers license about to commence. National Insurance interview booked.
    Slave driver, lol! Congrats to Mizel

Congratulations...

Andy & Mizel

FLR(M) form

Guidance notes
    Thank you everyone for the reply. This is really helping me a lot. I have read them a couple of times, the guidance notes and form. And I will still go through it again. I must have missed the proof of address bit though So how many of those should I provide and what name should be there. Should it be my maiden name or my name with my new surname since now I am married?

So how many of those should I provide and what name should be there. Should it be my maiden name or my name with my new surname since now I am married?
    6 sources of proof of address. Although Terpe said that there's no need to submit all these documents, to be in the safe side, just provide these documents. At the end of the day, it won't hurt your tummy and besides you will still gonna use the same sort of documents on applying for your ILR, the only difference is it should spread over 2 years or 2 and a half for the ILR. In addition to that, it's better to provide more than what the home office asked for, get approved..than get refused for providing less.

You can use your married name in all your documents. You can also submit in joint names.

6 sources of proof of address. Although Terpe said that there's no need to submit all these documents, to be in the safe side, just provide these documents. At the end of the day, it won't hurt your tummy and besides you will still gonna use the same sort of documents on applying for your ILR, the only difference is it should spread over 2 years or 2 and a half for the ILR. In addition to that, it's better to provide more than what the home office asked for, get approved..than get refused for providing less.

You can use your married name in all your documents. You can also submit in joint names.
    Thanks a lot April! I'll do that... We need to update my record in the GP then, as I've registered there before the wedding so they are sending me letters using my maiden name. But that shouldn't be hard...
    Thanks so much everyone for the help! I'll be posting updates about my application...
    God bless everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information