Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Do you think the price will drop?

About a month back I was looking up prices to Manila from Heathrow. I decided on Cathay Pacific at around £580, departing in May and returning 6 weeks later.

Was going to book online this weekend and just had a check and the price has sky rocketed to around £830!

No way will I pay that so will now look around at other airlines. I knew the price may have gone up over the past month, but I didn't expect a £250 increase! It's a shame as they had flights that suited me fine and about the best connection times.

What chances do you think the price may drop? I was thinking of leaving it a week and seeing.

Can't really leave it too long as I go in around 3 months time.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I've travelled to Philippines many times since 1989, the prices you are looking for are always available from many different agencies and airlines.

Royal Brunei were in the £500's up to a few days ago through STA, you can get the contact number of the branch nearest to you on their website although you can call any of the branches and do it over the phone, also try Philippine Island connections London they have some good prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    About a month back I was looking up prices to Manila from Heathrow. I decided on Cathay Pacific at around £580, departing in May and returning 6 weeks later.

Was going to book online this weekend and just had a check and the price has sky rocketed to around £830!

No way will I pay that so will now look around at other airlines. I knew the price may have gone up over the past month, but I didn't expect a £250 increase! It's a shame as they had flights that suited me fine and about the best connection times.

What chances do you think the price may drop? I was thinking of leaving it a week and seeing.

Can't really leave it too long as I go in around 3 months time.
    Just looked on Royal Brunei website, London to Manila and all May prices are in the £500's the highest is £570, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Just looked on Royal Brunei website, London to Manila and all May prices are in the £500's the highest is £570, check it out!
    Do they not fly on Tuesdays to Manila... That is the day I am leaving and it comes up as unavailable that day! other than that great price, thanks

Respected Member
    I paid £560 for direct return flights with Philippine Airlines in February at one point these flights were £869

The prices change on a daily basis so keep looking and checking

Been checking around this afternoon. Thinking I should wait and see if Cathays prices drop back down... but decided I better not incase other airlines prices go up more.

I have it down to Singapore airlines at £660 with a total fly time 18h 40m with a 2h 15m layover going to Manila. The return leg is 19h 45m with a 2h 50m layover

Or

Etihad at £611 with total fly time 17h 30m with a 1h 30m layover going to Manila. the return leg is 19h 10m with a 2h 40m layover

I am leaning more toward Singapore airlines as I think they are the better airline and although the layover, price and traveling times are more than Etihad, I can stomach £50 extra.

Emirates was a choice but there layover times are ridiculous, as were Malaysian airlines!

when an airline is selling tickets once the plane is half full thats them acquired the overheads and profit they want for that particular flight .After that they don,t care how much they charge for the tickets because it,s all profit the closer it gets to the flight the higher the price .

All booked.

Went with Ethiad in the end..... Used a price comparison website netflights.com. I have used them in the past and everything ran smoothly.. so when I saw the price £562.75 I snapped it up.

Granted I am leaving a day later then planned, but not as bad as it seems. I had intended leaving on an evening flight around 20.30hrs on June 16th. But now leaving at 01.00 hrs on the 17th, so only 4.5 hours more lol.... I almost slipped up booked it to leave on 16th at 01.00 hours then realized I would be leaving almost 24 hours earlier then intended!

thats a good price

great price mate ive been looking at flights for the end of july but they all seem around the £900+ mark. iam i doomed becuase its that time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by lilbasuk View Post
    great price mate ive been looking at flights for the end of july but they all seem around the £900+ mark. iam i doomed becuase its that time of year?
    Try skyscanner or kayak for comparative prices.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Try skyscanner or kayak for comparative prices.
    Cheers mate. I've had a good look can't really find anything considerably cheaper. Maybe I'm just too fussy with flight times. Just gonna book direct with KLM I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbasuk View Post
    Cheers mate. I've had a good look can't really find anything considerably cheaper. Maybe I'm just too fussy with flight times. Just gonna book direct with KLM I think.
    KLM are one of the dearest when I checked! they wanted well over £1200

Royal Brunei, end of November £650!

In my opinion £580 on Cathay is a good price and if I'm going I wouldn't wait around and snap that up. Just getting my dates sorted to head off in July for a few weeks. Expect to have to pay top dollar as it's around school holiday time

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    In my opinion £580 on Cathay is a good price and if I'm going I wouldn't wait around and snap that up. Just getting my dates sorted to head off in July for a few weeks. Expect to have to pay top dollar as it's around school holiday time
    Wished I had snapped it up, but at the time I wasn't 100% certain that my time off from work had been granted. Nothing worse than losing £580 because work refused my holiday request!

Thread Information