Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Marriage Visitor Visa REFUSED

I feel so devastated right now, I just got the decision and my application for marriage visitor visa was denied.

These are the documents I submitted
    Applicant:
    Marriage visitor visa form
    Passport
    Certificate of employment
    Certificate of no marriage
    6 month recent payslip
    Certificate of compensation 2013
    Individual payroll report 2013
    Letter from the manager stating she allows me to be on leave for 44 days and needs to be back to work on 18th of April 2014
    Itinerary
    Provisional plane tickets
    5 photos with him

Sponsor:
    Sponsorship letter stating that he will support any expenses
    6 month bank statement
    6 month recent payslip
    Certificate of employment
    P60
    Mortgage details
    Passport photocopies
    Booking confirmation of the wedding

I got refused and this is the letter:

"You have provided no evidence of any family ties, savings, properties or other similar assets in the Philippines, I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in the Philippines"

"You have provided no evidence that you have travelled outside your home country..."

"You have provided little evidence of your relationship with your sponsor, and nothing else that shows you are in a serious relationship..."

I didn't know that I have to get our screenshots of our convo and call logs and remittances, I thought those were just for settlement visa.

Or Do you think fiancee visa is more suitable for our situation?

For fiancée visa, can we just also use some of our documents that we submitted here? Like most from my sponsor's? (eg bank statements, p60, coe, payslip)

Banned
    If you both intend to marry then the fiancée visa route is the way to go . I don't understand this 'Marriage visitor visa'??
    It's my understanding, It's either a Family/ Visitor Visa or not. Where did you intend to marry? You cannot marry in the UK with a Visit Visa

Yes, you can use the documents you've already provided, for a fiancée visa application

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    If you both intend to marry then the fiancée visa route is the way to go . I don't understand this 'Marriage visitor visa'??
    It's my understanding, It's either a Family/ Visitor Visa or not. Where did you intend to marry? You can not marry in the UK with a Visit Visa

Yes, you can use the documents you've already provided, for a fiancée visa application
    Marriage visitor visa is for visiting UK for the sole purpose of getting married. Then after the wedding, she has to return to her country. This is done by couples who want to get married in the UK but don't plan on settling in the UK (maybe also have reasons of meeting the guy's family, etc.). It's a cheap way comparing to getting a fiancee visa but of course, the problem lies if the ECO will believe she will return to her country after the wedding.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Marriage visitor visa it is almost the same purpose as fiancee but I have to go back here in the Philippines before its 6 month validity. So they were not convinced that I will go back here as I don't have properties.

What is the first step for this whole thing? We want to apply as soon as possible so the documents can still be used.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Marriage visitor visa is for visiting UK for the sole purpose of getting married. Then after the wedding, she has to return to her country. This is done by couples who want to get married in the UK but don't plan on settling in the UK (maybe also have reasons of meeting the guy's family, etc.). It's a cheap way comparing to getting a fiancee visa but of course, the problem lies if the ECO will believe she will return to her country after the wedding.
    I live and learn I didnt know there was such a Visa. Worth a rep

I don't really have an idea about the English Test stuff. Any advice? How to do it, where to do it, when to do it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Marriage visitor visa it is almost the same purpose as fiancee but I have to go back here in the philippines before its 6 month validity. So they were not convinced that I wil go back here as I don't have properties.

What is the first step for this whole thing? We want to apply as soon as possible we can so the documents can still be used.
    My mother in law didnt have properties or employment. It didn't stop her from getting a family visitor visa.

She had to get signed papers done in front of solicitor from family members stating she will be coming back because of family ties

In my mother in law's case..she had grandchildren, daughter, sons and a husband to go back to.

Banned
    why can't your fiance travel out to you--and get married in the philis--?

A fiance visa to enter--marry in the UK--and then take the 5 year route to settlement is going to cost around 30 times the cost of a family visit visa----so obviously the UKBA is going to take a long hard look at any visit visa application.

....Or Do you think fiancee visa is more suitable for our situation?

For fiancée visa, can we just also use some of our documents that we submitted here? Like most from my sponsor's? (eg bank statements, p60, coe, payslip)

Firstly, I'm so sorry to learn about your refusal.

Seems like the ECO just didn't see sufficient evidence to believe your relationship was serious and also doubted that you'd return after the wedding.

You'll need to do some serious thinking

about how to present a case to counter the refusal reasons if you go ahead with a Fiancee Visa.

In principle the Fiancee visa requires that you clearly evidence a serious and genuine relationship together with a serious intent to get married and live together in UK.

Do some searches here in the forum for Fiancee Visa.

I understand your disappointment and frustration, but do be assured that the Marriage Visit requires considerable evidential support.......virtually the same as Fiancee in terms of relationship.
    Then there's the added facet of clearly showing compelling reasons to return home.

Study the Fiancee Visa requirements and ask anything you need clarification with.

thou a British citizen can apply for a marriage visit visa, it probably makes it more difficult to get one if you are a British citizen, yes i can understand that you might not be able to travel to the phils for what ever reason but on the reverse side, why would your partner apply for a visa to marry you and then have to leave the UK and apply for a settlement visa.

the embassy are worried you will not return once your married, and as you now know they want to see evidence you would.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Hi Jentobeharisson can I know when did you submit your application? I think the decision was quick.

Banned
    I seem to be missing something.

You say you can have 44 days holiday--and want to travel to the UK to get married---then where do you plan to live-?-as a couple.

Hi guys, I might sound exaggerated but I want to cry seeing your responses to me, I feel so very welcome and it helps me coping with my devastation. My boyfriend is having a hard time to accept it but I cannot tell him that it is just 5,000 PHP because we got really stressed with documents.

I have suggested him to go here and get married but the problem is, it is either he will stay here for a month or will go back here twice which we think will be really expensive as we need to rent for our place, every day food, his plane tickets and wedding then spouse visa. And also he has only limited off from his work. He only has £4,500 in his savings and his monthly income. One of the reasons why we are in a rush because he will go back to his flat this week and from now on he won't be able to save anymore (he rented out his apartment for a year and lived at his mum's house to save for our wedding)

We have been in a relationship for a year now, he went here twice to see me. The only reason why i did not include evidence of our relationship aside from (5 photos and his sponsorship letter stating that I am his fiancee) is because one from a forum told me that it is irrelevant because I am just applying for a non-settlement visa so proof of relationship is not that necessary. I can actually provide a lot, we have tons of pictures, we call and chat every day (which I have its screenshots), remittances (i have lots), cards, gifts, facebook messages and everything.

We thought that Marriage Visitor visa will fit us because we are still planning to apply for settlement visa (spouse) here in the philippines. I still have full time job and I thought my company and manager's letter stating that I need to go back here on a specific date were enough. We were told also that UKBA wont look at my properties as I will be being sponsored. We were wrong.

I was also informed that most of my documents are from my sponsor's financial stability so UKBA thought that I will have a comfortable life in UK than here in the philippines.

My fiance's annual is almost £23,000 and he has his apartment I am thinking if we can really fight for this now with fiancee visa.

I submitted my application last January 27, 2014 and got the decision February 5, 2014.

I asked him to relax and still be with this fight because this time, we will need to give all of what we have.

Can you please give me ideas how to pursuade my fiance in getting married here? Is this easier?

I wonder if we get married here, how many days should he stay here?

I feel so devastated right now, I just got the decision and my application for marriage visitor visa was denied.

"You have provided no evidence of any family ties, savings, properties or other similar assets in the Philippines, I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in the Philippines"

"You have provided no evidence that you have travelled outside your home country..."

"You have provided little evidence of your relationship with your sponsor, and nothing else that shows you are in a serious relationship..."

I didn't know that I have to get our screenshots of our convo and call logs and remittances, I thought those were just for settlement visa.
    Just provide more supporting documents to prove your genuine relationship with your fiance.

You cannot provide documents of any property in the PH if you dont have one..?? you cannot provide evidence of travel outside country if you dont have one?? the letter from your employer is enough as it states you need to return to work after 44 days...also include letters from your family supporting your propose marriage with your fiance.

You can also provide a letter from both you and your partner regarding your future plans after the marriage. (ie, apply for settlement visa to uk/ live in different country together)

I cannot advise you to get a fiance visa or any settlement visa as it should be a personal choice of you and fiance.

Dont let the UKBA rule yours and fiance's lives ..if both of you decides to marry in the UK by you visiting here then let it be just provide more documents.

Good luck and take it easy.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Yeah, I dont have any properties here in the Philippines so I did not provide any, that's the truth. We agreed to have fiancee visa and tomorrow will book for my Tuberculosis screening appointment and will register and pay for my TOEIC which will be on Feb 26.

I apologise in advance but I will have lots of questions. Hope you will be patient with me.

So my fiance has a 5 year old daughter who is not living with him but he supports her every month and I have seen the application form appendix 2 about the expenses for his child, so since we need to declare his daughter in our application, do we need to provide his daughter's birthcertificate? If so, is a photocopy of it enough? we are both afraid that his ex gf wont allow us to have the original one. He is not married to her btw

I apologise in advance but I will have lots of questions. Hope you will be patient with me.

So my fiance has a 5 year old daughter who is not living with him but he supports her every month and I have seen the application form appendix 2 about the expenses for his child, so since we need to declare his daughter in our application, do we need to provide his daughter's birthcertificate? If so, is a photocopy of it enough? we are both afraid that his ex gf wont allow us to have the original one. He is not married to her btw
    Personally I would suggest a Birth Certificate be included.
    Your Fiance should be able to secure a copy from the Registry Office without any problem.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Personally I would suggest a Birth Certificate be included.
    Your Fiance should be able to secure a copy from the Registry Office without any problem.
    Hello terpe, so let me clear it out,

My boyfriend can get his daughter's birth certificate even without asking permission form his ex gf? We both think that his ex gf won't cooperate and will just make this miserable for us, lol.

Banned

My boyfriend can get his daughter's birth certificate even without asking permission form his ex gf? We both think that his ex gf won't cooperate and will just make this miserable for us, lol.
    Only as long as your bf is the named father on the certificate. If he's paying maintence, he's bound to be on it He won't need permission, either

Your bf/fiance can order the birth certificate online.

Just have him click this link for full details of the Certificate ordering service from the General Register Office for England and Wales online ordering service.

There's no need to involve his ex at all.

Who can apply for a certificate & information required

Anyone who can identify the entry in the register and provide us with the correct fee is entitled to apply for a birth, civil partnership, marriage or death certificate.

Identifying an entry means knowing the pertinent details that will appear on the certificate.
    •In the case of birth entries, we expect the applicant to name the name on the certificate, date of birth, specific place of birth (address or hospital name) and one or both parents names.
    Cost is £10 unless it changed recently

Banned
    I must be the invisible man again stuff and nonsense

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Same problem with you girl and same reason for refusal. I got refused twice ( Jan&feb) :( huhuhuuhuhuh And now we are trying to appeal for the third time.. dont give up! fight fight!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mel2013 View Post
    Same problem with you girl and same reason for refusal. I got refused twice ( Jan&feb) :( huhuhuuhuhuh And now we are trying to appeal for the third time.. dont give up! fight fight!
    If your circumstances have not changed much since the last application then dont waste your money by keeping on applying

I found that once you have been refused by one ECO then other ECO'S just seem do the same

It seemed to my like one ECO will not overrule another ECO and if they did then surely questions would be needed to asked as to why the first ECO never granted it........

Circumstances need to change a lot before these ECO'S will change their minds ....................

May I know the reason why you were refused? If it is about they are not convinced that you will go back to Philippines then London_Manila is right. I have just submitted my fiancee visa application.

Oh okay so I have just read that same reason, well girl you should apply for settlement then, if you do not really have strong ties here in the Philippines, they will never approve it unless you have lots of savings, properties and a strong evidence that you will go back here, your work (if you have)I must say that it wasn't that strong enough as a reason for going back here.

But please provide the specific reasons and your case so the people here will be able to help you

Thread Information