Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Red face Pinoys can now get working holiday visa to New Zealand!

"Effective February 5, 2014, Filipinos and New Zealanders, ages 18 to 30 years, will be able to apply for the WHS visa allowing them the opportunity to stay for one year in New Zealand and the Philippines, for leisure, holiday or work"

To be eligible for the WHS, Filipinos must:
    - have a passport from the Republic of the Philippines that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
    - be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
    not bring children with you
    - hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
    - have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here
    - meet health and character requirements
    - hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
    - have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years’ full-time university study
    - have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional
    - be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit, and
    - not have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme before.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-fi...sa-new-zealand

I'm not sure about the 100 applicants quota every year but its better than nothing

The philippine goverment should implement the exact same rules for new zealanders coming to the philippines when is this discrimination going to end.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    The philippine goverment should implement the exact same rules for new zealanders coming to the philippines when is this discrimination going to end.
    Where is the discrimination

The WHS visa will give Filipinos and New Zealanders the opportunity to stay for one year in New Zealand and the Philippines, respectively, for leisure, holiday or temporary work.

Copied and pasted from the link on Trefor's article!

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    I'm not sure about the 100 applicants quota every year but its better than nothing
    Its a step in the right direction
    Seems it is similar to the one the UK has with Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Where is the discrimination

The WHS visa will give Filipinos and New Zealanders the opportunity to stay for one year in New Zealand and the Philippines, respectively, for leisure, holiday or temporary work.

Copied and pasted from the link on Trefor's article!
    jake can a new zealander come to the philippines on a tourist visa without all the requirements that new zealand have in place er yes they can. My g,f is 41 so she can,t go to new zealand to work that my friend is discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    jake can a new zealander come to the philippines on a tourist visa without all the requirements that new zealand have in place er yes they can. My g,f is 41 so she can,t go to new zealand to work that my friend is discrimination
    Yes a Kiwi can come to the Philippines and get a 30 day tourist visa on arrival, without any problems. Doesn't mean they have a right to work, unless they apply for a employment permit. You stated that your g,f cant go there to work. There is a big difference between a tourist and work visa in any country.
    I do agree with you that Filipino's are sometimes discriminated against when applying for tourist visas. The reason is their fellow countrymen and women have either overstayed or not complied with the conditions attached to their visa's in the past.
    My wife who is a Philippine citizen has never had a problem when applying for a visa in any country, even before we met.

Respected Member
    Ahem, that was Vernier's post, not mine - she didn't log me out

Thread Information