Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hi! Would just like to ask some questions...

Hi!

I was looking for Filipinos/as in Essex when I came across this site.

I'm going to Essex for a month. Not for work but for vacation by myself.

I'm hoping to find Filipino/as living there just to at least lessen my culture shock when I get there.

Also, if you know a room or transient house I can rent for a month, that would be great. I originally plan to stay at a hotel but a month's stay in a hotel is obviously not practical.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.

Thank you.

Hi AppleMisada, welcome to Filipino UK

Good luck with your plans.

I'm guessing you haven't yet secured your visa ?

UKBA will want to know the reason for your visit, where you will stay, an outline itinerary, funding availability and most importantly what compelling reasons you have to return home.

thanks for the reply Terpe!

yes, I'm already completing the documents. our in-house company travel agency (amex tours) is helping me.

I'll just be there on vacation. I already looked into Campanille hotel. yes, I already have bank statements and certificates. I plan to stay there for a month but I think my boss will only approve a 2-week leave. I work at the r&d dept of Johnson & Johnson here in Manila. I would need to go home after max of 1 month as my work will definitely pile up.

I will stay at Campanille for a few days then I need a transient house or room to stay as that would be cheaper.

Banned
    I hope you get your visa and have a great trip AppleMisada - don't take this the wrong way but are there pressing reasons for you to visit Essex ? I think you might find other parts of the UK less of a culture shock

hi dedworth! thank you for your suggestion.

but I need to be in essex. pressing reason? is love enough reason to go to essex? I know... I know... the UKBA will think it's crazy. but I have to go to Essex to prove that guy there I love him. I don't want to tell him of my plans. I want to do everything on my own. after doing that, I'll be back in Manila.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Brave girl, good luck with your quest Applemisada, and welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Brave girl, good luck with your quest Applemisada, and welcome to the forum!
    thank you michael! with all the insecurities brought by a long distance relationship, that's the only way I can show him how much I love him.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleMisada View Post

but I need to be in essex. pressing reason? is love enough reason to go to essex? I know... I know... the UKBA will think it's crazy. but I have to go to Essex to prove that guy there I love him. I don't want to tell him of my plans. I want to do everything on my own. after doing that, I'll be back in Manila.
    Just curious, have you met him in person before?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

hi! no, I haven't yet...

Banned

Good luck with your mission AppleMisada

hi! no, I haven't yet...
    How long have you known (or talking to) the guy?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Good luck with your mission AppleMisada
    thank you Dedworth

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    How long have you known (or talking to) the guy?
    3 months

Smile

Hi Applemisada, welcome to the forum.

In my opinion, I think that you could be playing with fire and could also be putting yourself at risk. Three months of on-line chat may seem like a life time to you if you are eager to take things to the next level, but your boyfriend may not have the same desire and a surprise visit might be the last thing he wants (particularly if he is already married or in a relationship, it happens!). There are parts of Essex that are very rough (some nice parts too) and I certainly would not consider putting my wellbeing and safety at risk for any man, particularly for one that didn't invite me to be there.

As for proving that you love him, you don't say why you feel this is necessary? Why not suggest that he goes to Paranaque to meet you first of all. It would be far easier for him to enter Philippines and he would also have a choice about whether he goes or not. You could then make your mind up about each other once you have met.

Good luck
    Rosie

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post

In my opinion, I think that you could be playing with fire and could also be putting yourself at risk. Three months of on-line chat may seem like a life time to you if you are eager to take things to the next level, but your boyfriend may not have the same desire and a surprise visit might be the last thing he wants (particularly if he is already married or in a relationship, it happens!). There are parts of Essex that are very rough (some nice parts too) and I certainly would not consider putting my wellbeing and safety at risk for any man, particularly for one that didn't invite me to be there.

As for proving that you love him, you don't say why you feel this is necessary? Why not suggest that he goes to Paranaque to meet you first of all. It would be far easier for him to enter Philippines and he would also have a choice about whether he goes or not. You could then make your mind up about each other once you have met.

Good luck
    Rosie
    you should be a side kick for dear D in the sun Rosie you,re spot on. I hope he,s got an explanation ready for his wife/girlfriend lol. Never trust an essex boy lol

Good luck
    Rosie
    Well said!

Good luck
    Rosie
    hi Rosie

Many thanks for your advice. Yes, I thought about that before but he's worth the risk... the town where he lives (according to google) seems like a friendly place.

I could not think of other means to prove I love him other than taking all risks to be with him.

I want to invite him here and I think he's just waiting for an invite. But I don't know how to properly invite him...

Good luck
    Rosie
    You exactly said what I was thinking!
    -=rayna.keith=-

hi Rosie

Many thanks for your advice. Yes, I thought about that before but he's worth the risk... the town where he lives (according to google) seems like a friendly place.

I could not think of other means to prove I love him other than taking all risks to be with him.

I want to invite him here and I think he's just waiting for an invite. But I don't know how to properly invite him...
    Just ask him if the thought has crossed his mind to visit you in the Philippines, this will open up the conversation on what his plan is regarding wanting to meet you. In the meantime ask many questions about him and find out as much as you can, you never know there may be many things that he want's to tell you about himself especially if he is serious about having a relationship with you, also at the same time tread very carefully and give it a few more months to allow your real feelings for each other to surface. Good luck Apple!

thank you michael! i'll keep that in mind.

thank you to everyone too for the goodlucks

I'd agree with the advice that has already been given. If he really has feelings for you, he will want to come over & meet you. I'd strongly advise not coming over - even if you do manage to navigate the difficulties in getting a visa.

Keep up communication and see how things develop......

to our midst ... ... Ada? Good luck with your plans. But ... do take heed of Trusted Member, Rosie's sensible advice in #14!

Thread Information