Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schengen Visa

Schengen Visa

Hello everyone, kumusta po kayo?

Sorry, been quite a while not updated here, been busy at work..

Anyway, I just applied a Schengen Visa last Monday and got my passport back yesterday. I applied in TLS CONTACT in London - I believe the place is the General Consulate of France. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now my question is, is this visa they issued is it only for France? Not in any other EU countires??

God am confused...thanks

Hi there, your first port of call must be France, but once you have entered France you can go to many other places on your next trip, or even drive into France on a weekend trip to get it stamped. Thats what we did

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    hi there, your first port of call must be France, but once you have entered France you can go to many other places on your next trip,or even drive into france on a weekend trip to get it stamped thats what we did
    Thank you Stevewool

You are welcome, some great cheap ferries over to France

You can visit 25 (?) EU countries with Schengen Visa. Got my first Schengen Visa thru Italian Embassy but our port of entry was France before Italy, so I guess it doesn't matter where you want to travel as long as you have the visa. Of course, it's always best to secure a visa where you intend to travel.

Enjoy your holidays!!!!

Technically it does matter.....

Aliens who are subject to the visa requirement (see Annex 1) and who seek to enter the territory of a Contracting Party, are obliged to apply to the visa section in the diplomatic mission or consular post responsible.
    Source:-
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...01:0149:EN:PDF
    2.1.1. If the travel destination is one Member State, that Member State's consulate must deal with the application.
    2.1.2. If the travel destination includes more than one Member State, the application must be dealt with by the consulate of the main destination. The main destination is
    understood to be the destination where the applicant intends to spend the longest time or where the main purpose of the intended journey is carried out.

Source:-
    http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/pol...10_1620_en.pdf
    It always best practice to follow all requirements and also to carry all key/important documents during travel since many Airport check-in staff and many Border Control staff are not always fully familiar with Schengen rules and may follow different procedures.

If it's your intention to visit France with a Schengen visa then this should be issued by the French Embassy.

Not following the rule conventions might lead to problems entering some Schengen countries and just might end up causing major problems for future applications.

Remember there are also some extra issues to be aware of in connection with issuing a Schengen Visa for those non-EEA nationals concerning whether travelling alone or whether travelling with your EU national spouse.

And always remember to take all documents with you, its easy to leave the country but try to get back in without your paperwork ...

Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    hello everyone kumusta po kayo? Sorry, been quite a while not updated here, been busy at work..

Anyway, I just applied a Schengen Visa last Monday and got my passport back yesterday. I applied in TLS CONTACT in London - I believe the place is the General Consulate of France. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now my question is, is this visa they issued is it only for france? Not in any other EU countires??

God am confused...thanks
    You can go in any Schengen countries that you wish to visit but making sure that you have visited France and have your visa stamped before your French Schengen Visa runs out of date or else the next time you apply for French Schengen Visa, your application will be denied. First application of the visa, they will give you 6 months, and the next application, they will give you 2 years.

Based on my personal experience, I was granted 6 months French Schengen Visa in 2012. We went to Spain first for a week then before the visa expired, we went to Paris for 3 days. I applied on the same consulate in 2013 then they gave me 2 years. I was really chuffed. :-D

My wife has recently arrived from PH on a Spouse Visa. We would like to visit friends in Spain, so is she able to travel if we apply for a Schengen?

Will we have any issues when trying to re-enter UK?

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick-and-Ella View Post
    My wife has recently arrived from PH on a Spouse Visa. We would like to visit friends in Spain, so is she able to travel if we apply for a Schengen?

Will we have any issues when trying to re-enter UK?
    No problem she can travel with you on a Schengen Visa and best of all it's FREE as she is married to a EU/UK citizen.

No problems coming back to UK as her spouse visa has multiple entries so no worries with Immigration.

Enjoy...

Hi..me and my husband are planning a day trip to Paris, how did you apply for Schengen Visa? TLS reviews are really bad, need help, I don't know if I will go through TLS Contact or apply straight to French Embassy in London. PLEASE HELP.

Quote Originally Posted by evo76 View Post
    Hi..me and my husband are planning a day trip to Paris, how did you apply for Schengen Visa? TLS reviews are really bad, need help, I don't know if I will go through TLS Contact or apply straight to French Embassy in London. PLEASE HELP.
    Where did you hear these bad reviews about TLS? I have applied for Schengen Visa twice already there and so far they have assisted me very well with my application ...

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    Where did you hear these bad reviews about TLS? I have applied for Schengen visa twice already there and so far they have assisted me very well with my application ...
    Hello Aprilmaejon, just now on Google, they have reviews if I search TLS Contacts. Are they really good? When was the last time you applied through them?

Hello Aprilmaejon, just now on Google, they have reviews if I search TLS Contacts. Are they really good? When was the last time you applied through them?
    Hiya Evo76,

My wife applied through TLS no problem. Visa issued with 6 months' validity - multiple entries. Visited Paris then Barcelona on separate trips...

The thing that has changed since her application is that you have to show your travel intinerary, ie: booked flights, Eurostar confirmation etc., also your confirmed place of stay ie: hotel etc.

Basically it's a simple, straightforward procedure and best of all free apart from TLS fees about Ł16 or so.

Don't worry and plan ahead, you will be fine...

July last year was my 2nd application and they granted me 2 years validity of the visa. For my own view, TLS deserves this ...

Actually, she doesn't need to use ANY Agency ... the application can be transacted directly through the French Embassy itself.

Oh ok, thank you... Maybe we will just apply straight to the French Embassy. Now need to ask my husband's company to provide us the itinerary, as they are the ones who organise everything.

Oh ok, thank you... Maybe we will just apply straight to the French Embassy. Now need to ask my husband's company to provide us the itinerary, as they are the ones who organise everything.
    Yeah, do that and good luck for your application and enjoy your holiday in Paris.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Hi Evo76,

I applied for my first Schengen Visa directly with the French Embassy last year. It was very straightforward but they can only cater for certain number of people in a day. You can follow this link to know more about the process and documents that you need to bring with you.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....479#post427479

Please also take note that only you or an immediate family member can collect you passport so you might have to stay longer in London. Hope this helps and good luck with your application.

With regards to visa validity, it is always reviewed on a case to case basis. They do not necessarily give you 6 months' visa during the first successful application, and then 2 years validity during the second one. My first Schengen Visa (issued by French Embassy) was valid for one year, my second one (issued by German Embassy) was only valid for 6 months.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Hi Evo76,

I applied for my first Schengen Visa directly with the French Embassy last year. It was very straightforward but they can only cater for certain number of people in a day. You can follow this link to know more about the process and documents that you need to bring with you.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....479#post427479

Please also take note that only you or an immediate family member can collect you passport so you might have to stay longer in London. Hope this helps and good luck with your application.

With regards to visa validity, it is always reviewed on a case to case basis. They do not necessarily give you 6 months' visa during the first successful application, and then 2 years validity during the second one. My first Schengen Visa (issued by French Embassy) was valid for one year, my second one (issued by German Embassy) was only valid for 6 months.
    Hi Jlags90, thanks for the info, it also looks like if you go straight to the Embassy you don't need to show tickets, coz I think TLS Contacts are already asking for it. Is it true that it's the new rules of the French Embassy?

Aprilmaejon...thank you. How long did you wait when you were inside TLS Contact?

Hi Jlags90, thanks for the info, it also looks like if you go straight to the embassy you dont need to show tickets, coz i think tls contact are already asking for it, is it true that its the new rules of french embassy?
    Hi Evo76,

TLS Contact only stipulates the current position of the French Embassy and that is tickets have to be shown as part of the procedure for successful Schengen Visa applications.

Please do your homework and follow the correct protocol and all will be well.

Good Luck.....

Aprilmaejon...thank you. How long did you wait when you were inside TLS Contact?

First application, I paid for the premium application because there was a long queue that time...

Second application, I asked for a premium service but the man in charge of checking the documents said that I don't need it as there were only a few people applying. He was right...

Both 1st and 2nd applications took me less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi evo76,

TLS Contact only stipulates the current position of the French Embassy and that is tickets have to be shown as part of the procedure for successful Schengen Visa applications.

Please do your homework and follow the correct protocol and all will be well.

Good Luck.....
    Marksroomspain is right. You really have to provide the tickets...that is the new rule in which during my application wasn't a requirement ... good luck dear....

Hi Jlags90, thanks for the info, it also looks like if you go straight to the Embassy you don't need to show tickets, coz I think TLS Contacts are already asking for it. Is it true that it's the new rules of the French Embassy?
    It is always good to check the website of the Embassy where you will be applying for a Schengen Visa (unfortunately not all websites are very straightforward). I am not aware of any recent changes regarding providing airline and hotel tickets to make a successful schengen visa application with the French Embassy.

I applied for my visa with them March last year, and as far as I know, you do not need to provide evidence of accommodation etc if you are a spouse of an EU Citizen.

Of course, this might have changed. I suggest calling TLS and tell them you are applying for a Short Stay Schengen Visa as a Spouse of an EU Citizen and they will be able to make things clear for you.

I did that last year, and that's how I knew that I do not need hotel bookings etc and they also told me not to complete the accommodation part of the Application Form. I recently applied for a Schengen Visa by post with the German Embassy and I was not asked for proof of accommodation and airline tickets.

Good luck Evo

So much rule changing Jlags90 and each Schengen country asking different requirements - a bit like UKVI.... but TLS Contact will confirm my earlier post as rule changes by the French Consulate came in recently.

My wife also did not need to show flight or accommodation details back in November last year but now it's all change, a shame as freedom of movement gets that little bit harder or should I say a bit more complicated........

A shame indeed! . Well, I am glad I applied with the German Embassy recently. Hopefully it will be the last time I apply for a Schengen Visa (unless rules change again ).

Respected Member
    We didn't need any tickets when we got a Schengen Visa directly from the French Embassy a few months ago. It was a simple process, just requiring Rose to travel to the Embassy twice - she posted about it on here a while ago (Vernier Caliper is her username).

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    We didn't need any tickets when we got a Schengen Visa directly from the French Embassy a few months ago. It was a simple process, just requiring Rose to travel to the Embassy twice - she posted about it on here a while ago (Vernier Caliper is her username).
    I have always been thinking that this is the case. But some members have said that such documents are needed now and these changes have come into effect recently. How recently did Rose apply for her visa? Not having the option to send your documents via courier is one of the setbacks of applying directly to the French Embassy especially if you have already arranged for accommodation in London without knowing that you have to collect your passport in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    We didn't need any tickets when we got a Schengen Visa directly from the French Embassy a few months ago. It was a simple process, just requiring Rose to travel to the Embassy twice -
    How recently did Rose apply for her visa? A colleague of mine applied for hers last April, and she was asked to provide the tickets along with her other requirements.

Anyway, I'd rather book an appointment with TLS ... pay the premium service if the queue is ridiculously massive, provide the tickets needed, get the application done in half an hour or less... than being required to come back to the Embassy twice. Reason being is...me and the hubby never like the idea of staying in London for days.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information