Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR Question (2.2 & 2.3)

Hi

Hope someone can help

We are going with a 6 month extension on Gen's visa as she did not get the B1 grade for her English test.

She is here on a spouse visa (arrived before July 2012) and this is our first extension

On the FLR I'm trying to get head around question 2.2 and 2.3 (not worded well).

I'm guessing the answer is a no (2.2), and then first box for 2.3

We where going to put a note that she is taking the IELTS test on the 1st Feb but the results might not arrive in time and she has achieved A2 in the PET test (or something like that) in one of the boxes below.

I assume she will get a 6 month extension ( not 2.5 years) then if her application is approved

Thanks

Sam

I did do a search but could not find an answer

I've copied the section from the form, hopefully someone can help

S E C T I O N 2 - W H A T C A T E G O R Y A R E Y O U
    APPLYING FOR LEAVE UNDER
    2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.

Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK
    and a biometric immigration document. (have ticked this one)

Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories
    (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

yes or no (need help with this)

Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to
    extend your current leave in one of the above categories. (need help with this one)

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

Section 2
    Q2.1
    Tick box for "Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document"
    (That's the only one relevant for yourselves)

Q2.2 Tick box NO and move on to Q2.3
    (Your wife has previously applied for a visa/leave to remain as spouse/fiancee so this is not first time.)

Q2.3 If your special case tick the box for "You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain."

The FLR(M) visa extension will normally be granted for the standard 2 years (unless UKBA procedures changed recently)
    However, your wife will become eligible for ILR once she completed the B1 pass English Language, and may then apply for ILR without any further waiting.
    So if your wife achieves the required B1 next month then she can apply ILR next month.
    As always, just comes down to budgets.

Thanks again Terpe for your help

Thread Information