Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Has anyone recently applied for a spouse visa under family visa here in the uk?

This is my second time coming to the uk and I've always been on a family visa. Recently, me and my husband decided to stay here for good. For me to extend my stay, I believe I need to be on a spouse visa. My question is...if I'am currently on a family visa and would like to change it to a spouse visa here in the uk, do I need to go back to the Phil. In order to do so? breaks my heart to think that I have to leave my daughter here in the uk for a couple of weeks!

If there is anyone with the same situation as mine and would advise would really be helpful! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Espie View Post
    This is my second time coming to the uk and I've always been on a family visa. Recently, me and my husband decided to stay here for good. For me to extend my stay, I believe I need to be on a spouse visa. My question is...if I'am currently on a family visa and would like to change it to a spouse visa here in the uk, do I need to go back to the Phil. In order to do so? breaks my heart to think that I have to leave my daughter here in the uk for a couple of weeks!

If there is anyone with the same situation as mine and would advise would really be helpful! Thanks.
    You'll need to return to the Philippines in order to apply for a Visa leading to settlement.
    (eg Spouse Visa)

You are not allowed to switch from visit visa here in UK.

You'll need to do considerable research to understand the application requirements.
    I'm very sorry to say that it's considerably more than a couple weeks for the application process.
    Before making application you'll need to have all the needed documentations including English Language Pass certificate and TB test all-clear certificate.

As a very first step may I suggest you read this thread and follow all the included links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Also read this and again follow the links - Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

You can search here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern or you can ask as many questions as you need right here in your thread.

Please be sure your husband also fully understand what is needed. This has to be a real team effort for you both.
    There's a lot of things to understand.

Take this journey step-by-step, don't be shy to ask as many questions as you want.
    There's plenty of folks here who have been down the same road and made that journey. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share experiences, and to make sure to get that special visa.

Here are some needed early action links to help:-

- English language requirement

- Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines

Thank you terpe! Really helpful and will read it over. Hope you had a great weekened.

Thread Information