Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

National Insurance

I want to thank you all for you great help finally my wife got her bio metric permit. Thank you so much..

She needs to get a National Insurance No. I would just like to know
    how we can get her National Insurance No.? Thanks

Steve

Congratulations to your wife on receiving her Biometrics Residence Permit, Steve.

Next step ... she should simply take it to your local *Jobcentre Plus - along with her Passport - *where staff will then arrange for the issue of a National Insurance No.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

Go to that website. You/Your wife need to call the number indicated there. She will be directed to go to a Jobcentre Plus for an interview or they will have to send the application form to your house.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Congratulations to your wife on receiving her Biometrics Residence Permit, Steve.

Next step ... she should simply take it to your local *Jobcentre Plus - along with her Passport - *where staff will then arrange for the issue of a National Insurance No.
    This is not the case now Arthur. You can't just go to your local Jobcentre Plus. You need to call them first and they will direct you to go to a Jobcentre Plus that will do the scheduled interview. I think for the ones who arrived here on a spouse visa, an application form will just be sent to them to fill out and post it back. For the ones who arrived here as a fiancee and applied for FLR(M), they will be asked for an interview.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/45014-a-little-rant-about-the-NI-interview-thingy?highlight=NI+number
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I agree me and my wife went to the jobcentre yesterday and they gave us a number to call 0845 3021 1479. They also told me that my wife would need to go for a interview.

I would like to ask about the biometrics permit. Does my wife need one? and how do we get one?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I agree me and my wife went to the jobcentre yesterday and they gave us a number to call 0845 3021 1479. They also told me that my wife would need to go for a interview.

I would like to ask about the biometrics permit. Does my wife need one? and how do we get one?
    Your wife doesn't need to get the Biometrics Residence Permit (BRP) card. She will be able to apply and get that one on her next visa application in the UK.
    -=rayna.keith=-

OK thanks.

Yes, we called they said they'd send forms, then we may...need to have an appointment! Residence Permit is only for FLR(M) applicant.

Our visa now lasts 2.3 years, can we apply for ILR now in a year from now, one year before the FLR(M) runs out, or do we have to by law do another FLR in 2 years from now for another 2 years? I thought the law changed and you had to do the full 4 year probation but my friend told me otherwise. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENJAG View Post
    Yes, we called they said they'd send forms, then we may...need to have an appointment! Residence Permit is only for FLR(M) applicant.

Our visa now lasts 2.3 years, can we apply for ILR now in a year from now, one year before the FLR(M) runs out, or do we have to by law do another FLR in 2 years from now for another 2 years? I thought the law changed and you had to do the full 4 year probation but my friend told me otherwise. Is this true?
    Visa applications submitted after the 9 July 2012 rules requires a 5 year immigration journey to reach ILR eligibility.
    This involves two FLR periods each of 30 months.

Only those visa applications submitted before 9 July 2012 are eligible for ILR after 2 years living in UK as a spouse.

Thread Information